October 2012 Moms

Does your kid use utensils?

Mine refuses. I'm trying everything and he screams bloody murder if I try helping him.
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Does your kid use utensils?

• Wesley uses the kid forks and spoons. He does really well with them but if he gets frustrated he usually just uses his hands.

• Elijah uses forks and spoons. He likes both kid and adult ones. He also really wants to use a knife. He keeps asking for one.
  • Loading the player...
  • She uses them about half the meal. She makes a horrible mess but she's getting there. We just strip her down before we eat and dont order messy foods at restaurants. (We dont strip her at restaurants I swear.)

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Spoon - yes.  Fork - hit or miss.
    He's gotten really good with the spoon eating yogurt.  I also do soups but I have to make it very thick (pureed soups), but at least 1/2 of it still ends up on his smock.  He also uses his spoon for rice.

I offer him a fork most of the time (if I can remember).  He tends to use his hand at the beginning - more efficient when he's hungry.  When he is no longer starving, he may use the fork to play with the food some.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • She has gotten better with the spoon with thicker foods: yogurt and oatmeal. She is able to use her fork but maybe 25% of the time she will hold the fork in one hand and pick up food in the other.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• B uses forks and spoons. Occasionally she'll ask for a knife and I'll give it to her and then she'll "cut" her food. We've got the colorful plastic kids utensils from Ikea.

• Generally he prefers using a fork or spoon--he doesn't like his hands to get messy. He is pretty good with them, but needs help spearing the food sometimes. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • C is pretty good with forks and spoons, but still used her fingers a lot. I guess it depends on her mood.
  • Yep but he uses utensils and his hand
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • E eats yogurt with his hands. Then wipes his hands all over his clothes and the chair. He won't even attempt a spoon. True story.

• Cups are not my friend. Wesley does well with little cups but I can only have a little bit of water or milk because if he has to much he plays with it and dumps it all over the floor.  I am loving the sippy cups right now! I

• DS uses forks and spoons fairly well but he also likes to use his hands. 

As for cups... he can reach the water dispenser on the fridge, so we usually have cups of water dumped on the floor!  

Any way to "lock" the water dispenser on the fridge? 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We give her forks and spoons and she uses them but sometimes it's just easier/faster to use her fingers so she switches off. But for the most part if we give her utensils she will use them. Cups on the other hand, she is ok to use them for the first drink and then dumps it out. If she asks for a cup I only put a tiny amount in it. Sippy cups are so much easier. I found the "wow cup" at buy buy baby and so far no leaks.
  • R uses both spoons and forks, but will opt for fingers depending on how much difficulty she's having. Meals are always messy. I've resorted to using a lot of pouches for meals when DH isn't home (since J was born).
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • I just finally stopped giving sippy cups to DS1 when he turned 4 lol. Mostly because E would get his hands on DS1's cup and dump it everywhere if I tried other cups. But now I use those take n toss cups with lids and straws and those work for us for now. E will stay on sippies for awhile.

• My almost 2 year old - yes fork and spoon and will demand a fork if one is not offered.

My 5 year old - no except for pasta which he eats with a spoon. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We got the Wow cup and love it. That thing seriously does not leak. I tested it out by holding it upside down over my husbands dinner plate and shaking it. Not a drop came out. Elijah loves it because it looks like a big boy cup.
  • Seriously @GoGoGadgetWine‌ we have the same kid! A rocks the spoon with oatmeal and applesauce. Sometimes manages to get more in her mouth than on her. Anything thinner than that though, and its a wreck.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • She insists on having a fork, but half the time won't use it.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • She's fine with a spoon and a fork, but often uses her hands anyway. She thinks she can use a knife, but no.

Cups: she's fine with a normal cup/glass, if supervised, but often loses interest and then it just gets dropped. Hence the supervision.
  • Yes to spoon an fork. But he doesn't like anyone helping him when hes eating. he does the feeding all him self.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"