September 2013 Moms

bath time for the very mobile

So, bath time is a real struggle for us.  LO is constantly trying to stand up in the regular bath tub and fights me to sit back down. There's no way he would sit in a baby bath and he hates the shower.  Any recommendations?

Re: bath time for the very mobile

• I'll keep trying he's just so fast and strong now that he makes me nervous, bath time is about 2 minutes long at this point.  Maybe he needs more toys.  He always tries to chase them when they float away.
  • Ohhh bath book is a good idea. I'll have to get one of those.
  • Loading the player...
  • A bath seat? dD is the same and it's the only way to keep her contained. Like that. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N1G8A0W/ref=s9_newr_hm_bBHbud_g75_i2
  • I usually have DD in the shower with me and just put her in the tub to play after... My only suggestion is to make sure there is a decent surface for him to stand on (non skid) and don't put a lot of water in the tub. When DD is playing in the tub I only put 2 inches in there. She stands and walks all around the tub getting ahold of everything in there but very, very rarely falls.
  • We use a bath seat kind of like the one linked above. Works great! She sits and plays calmly! Which is rare for my kid to be still for even 5 seconds, but this does the trick! Only downfall is she gets really upset when her toys float away but I just have to swoosh them back to her and all is good.
  • This is my DS too.  He wants to stand all the time during baths now.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Emily wants to stand, too. We tell her to sit down. She has a LOT of bath toys and is in the big bathtub on a foam mat that suckers to the bottom. DH is in charge of bath time while I'm cleaning up dinner dishes. I tried to bathe her at my mom's when we visited for a week in a big bath tub with no foam mat and my whole side got soaked. I had to change clothes. I should've gotten in with her I guess.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• DS started grabbing the faucet and handles. The first time I tell him no and put him back down. If he does it again bath time is over. Citrus Lane sent some bath boats that seemed to have helped. And I am definitely going to try the washcloths. Thanks @Joi922‌
  • HBirdieHBirdie member
    edited September 2014
    We struggle with this, too. Right now I just say "Sit down, please" while guiding him back to a sitting position by gripping his upper arm... over and over and over and over and over again. Maybe I should try letting him stand for awhile so he can see that it isn't really that fun, then maybe he'd get over it.

edited to add a detail I forgot
  • Lots of toys helped us. I got those foam letters that stick to the tub and some stacking cups and there is so much going on for her to grab she doesn't feel the need to move around as much. Both things were cheap and it makes for a very busy tub! It looks like she's bathing in alphabet soup but hey...whatever works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"