August 2014 Moms

ergo users - do you use the infant insert?

DS is almost 12lbs now and has really good head control. I put him in the ergo w/o the insert at the mall today and it worked great! But the directions say he should be in the insert until 3/4 months. Is it ok to skip it this early? He's only 6 weeks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ergo users - do you use the infant insert?

• We are using it currently but I have thought about trying without. It's so hot!!!
  • I will definitely be trying the Ergo without the insert in the next couple weeks. LO got way too hot in it. He loves being carried in the Bjorn, but it's a back breaker once LO is over 10 lbs!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've used it with a rolled up blanket in the bottom like the video that someone posted a while ago demonstrated. I've only used it for short amounts of time so far.
  • I'll use the infant insert until he hits the 12 pound mark - if your LO is over 12 pounds I think you're fine to do without it!

image    image
  • We take the wedge out and use that without the hot part. He is a heater but also tiny that he can't fit without it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmctagg01 said:

I do the rolled up blanket trick too. It's just way too hot here for the insert. We tried without the blanket the other day and the only problem was she isn't tall enough and her head was smooshed against my boobs.

Same!

• I do the rolled blanket only in my Tula. A loves it!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I don't use it and my son is 7 weeks old. I do the rolled up blanket trick. Originally this was because it is just too damn hot to use the insert, even in the house with air conditioning on. My son would still get super sweaty and it was making me nervous. He does great in it!
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• We started using the ergo at 6 weeks and I didn't purchase the insert. DS has great head control but still prefers to have his legs bundled up instead of spread out. The Ergo directions instruct that babies should be ready for both (head control legs apart). I just put him in it and kept his legs bundled up without sticking them out of the leg holes.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • We took a long walk/hike using Ergo + rolled up blanket this morning and it was perfect! The insert is too hot for October in LA.

• I use the Ergo with the insert.  I find it pretty easy and will use it until she's bigger (not sure about her current weight, but she was only 7lbs6oz at her 1st month checkup).  She has pretty good head control, but I'm worried that she'll slide out of the side!  She sleeps most of the time that she's in it, so the insert makes me feel like she's more secure.  
  • We never bought it -- started wearing DD at 5 weeks with just a rolled blanket, then started leaving that out after 6ish weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"