Cloth Diapering

Questions for May Mamas - Does not apply to SAK or ITK

TJ1979TJ1979 member
edited September 2014 in Cloth Diapering
Hey all you May mamas, I need to compare my baby.  The LO's are 4 months now. 

Does your LO take a bottle?  If so, how many ounces in a bottle?  How many bottles in a day?  How many feeds overnight?

How much does your LO sleep in a day?  How long at night?  How many naps?  How long are they?

Is everyone rolling over?

Aren't they just the greatest ever?  Bonus points for pics!

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: Questions for May Mamas - Does not apply to SAK or ITK

• Nobody asked you SAK.

NCDR.  Sorry.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not a May mom, but I'm answering anyways because your questions made me dig out G's baby book out of curiosity.

At four months he was just going up to 4 oz bottles...three in an 8 hour day at daycare. He nursed every 1.5-2 hours during the day when we were together. He was STTN (8 hours then eat then down for 2-3 more hours) until he hit 4 month wakeful a little late at almost 5 months, when he went back to eating twice for about a month.

Naps were pretty consistent with a cat nap in the early morning for 30 ish minutes, a real nap late morning that lasted around an hour, and an afternoon nap for around 2 hours.

He rolled over the first time around 3 months and started doing it consistently around 3.5 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Well my baby STTN at that age.  And rolled over?  He was already walking and saying a few words.  It was probably because I used disposables during the newborn stage, though, so he wasn't delayed by that fluffy butt.
  • I'm an April mom but towards the end. And I like talking about my baby.

My lo takes a bottle occasionally. Three ounces or so. Incidentally with breast milk the volume they drink doesn't change substantially until they start drinking less and less as they replace it with solids. No idea how you're feeding, obviously. He takes 2-3 hour long naps and then maybe a car nap or two but that's still highly variable. Sleepy every 1.5-2 hours usually. At night he nurses twice and all other wakings are dealt with by my husband and on a don't ask don't tell policy. We also cosleep some. He sleeps a good 3-5 hour chunk to start and then is up every 2-3 hours I think. Goes to bed around 7 or 7:30 wakes up around 6 or 6:30. Some of that is dictated by his sister. No rolling over nt even close. My daughter didn't roll until 9 months. image
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks to those who are responding genuinely and kindly.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Does your LO take a bottle? Yep. I work, so she has to.

If so, how many ounces in a bottle? 4oz of BM.

How many bottles in a day?
    usually 4, for a total of 15-16oz in a 9 hr day.

How many feeds overnight?
    Two. Once between 12-2, and again between 4-5:30. Up for the day around 7:30.

How much does your LO sleep in a day? 12-13 hours I think.
    How long at night? About 11 hrs.

How many naps?
    Two usually. Depends on how much driving around is done.
     How long are they? Maybe 45 min in the morning around 10, and an hour or so in the afternoon.

Is everyone rolling over? Nope :-( And it's really hard to not compare to her sister because R was rolling over at 2.5 months.

She's seriously the happiest baby, though. She's babbling and cooing and grabbing things and super observant. Her dimples get me every time she smiles!

PitaPata Dog tickers

• TJ1979 said:
    Thanks to those who are responding genuinely and kindly.
    Well now I feel like a dick. Sorry.  I wasn't trying to be a pain.
  • Does your LO take a bottle?
    I was bottle feeding (EPing) for a while, 8 bottles a day, 4 oz each. About 4-6 oz was formula because I couldn't pump enough. He was sleeping through the night usually, so no overnight feeding!

How much does your LO sleep in a day?
    He doesn't nap great, but since I am back to nursing he does seem to nap better. About 2-3 hours in a day. 2-3 naps.
    He goes from about 10-6 each night.

Is everyone rolling over?
    He easily rolls tummy to back because he hates being on his tummy. He can roll to his tummy, but he stops himself.

No pictures because the camera on my phone broke a few weeks ago. I'm very sad about it. :(
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Does your LO take a bottle? I breastfeed.

How much does your LO sleep in a day? Ugh. I'm lucky when I get one hour long nap. Usually 3 naps 20 minutes to an hour each.
    How long at night? 3-5 hour stretches. Sometimes 2 hour stretches when I'm really lucky. I try to put her down between 8 &10 and up for the day around 6
    How many naps? 3 at best

How long are they? 20 minutes to an hour.

Is everyone rolling over? She's rolling like crazy. I went to pee during tummy time. When I got back she had rolled under her swing, off the blanket.

Aren't they just the greatest ever? <3
  • I'm so proud of my bff for being a little feisty like me >:)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Stoney have you lost weight?

• Stoney have you lost weight?

No, she just cut her hair.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    Hey all you May mamas, I need to compare my baby.  The LO's are 4 months now. 

Does your LO take a bottle? Yes If so, how many ounces in a bottle? Currently 3 How many bottles in a day? 3 in a 11 hour period How many feeds overnight?  We usually co-sleep so however many times she finds it.
    So she's only taking 9 oz. in the 11 hour period I'm gone.  That's not enough, right?  Maybe that's why she's up nursing all night, right?

How much does your LO sleep in a day?  How long at night? She's in bed for 12-13 hours, but a lot of that is awake time How many naps? 2-3 How long are they?  2 three hour naps and 1 one hour nap
    So she's sleeping way too much during the day, also contributing to her wanting to party all night, right?

Is everyone rolling over?  The nanny says she rolled tummy to back once.  I still haven't seen her roll.  I think she's physically capable of it, but just has no desire to.  She loves to turn like the hands on a clock though.

Aren't they just the greatest ever? Uh, yeah!  Even in the middle of the night when she doesn't want to sleep, she loves to smile and giggle at me. Bonus points for pics!  Stupid firefox.  Can't upload.

So this exercise really did seem to help.  P is sleeping way too much and eating way too little while I'm gone.  So she's basically reverse cycling, right?

beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • @mapleme I definitely pump much more than she is eating.  (Sorry, not trying to brag.)  But she is happy after 3 ounces, so we have left it at that.  I had her do 4 oz. in the first morning bottle yesterday, and she took it all and was happy.  But she's never really not happy, you know?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • She gets 6 or more feedings during the day for sure.  I'll have the nanny start decreasing her sleep and increasing her ounces and see if we can get this in a better place.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • It does sound like she might be reverse cycling a little. Unfortunately they miss us or something when were gone and want to make up for it at night. I guess it's a compliment.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TJ, I'd try offering 4oz in each bottle. Your body may be producing more than she's taking for a reason. If she takes it, great, but if she really doesn't want it, I don't think you can really force her to take it, so no harm in trying.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• I realize my little guy is two months younger than the May babies, but 6 or 7 feeds a day?! L eats 10 to 12 times in 24 hours, averaging 20+ minutes a feed. Is this normal? We have a well-check today, so I guess we'll ask the doctor.

• It's normal @unaveragejane.  They really change a lot between 2 months and 4 months.  Like, a lot.  They need at least 24 ounces a day.  If they are eating 2 oz every 2 oz, good to go.  When they get bigger, they can take more at a time and wait longer between feeds, so 3 oz 8 times a day, or 4 oz 6 times a day.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • unaveragejaneunaveragejane member
    edited October 2014
    TJ1979 said:

It's normal @unaveragejane.  They really change a lot between 2 months and 4 months.  Like, a lot.  They need at least 24 ounces a day.  If they are eating 2 oz every 2 oz, good to go.  When they get bigger, they can take more at a time and wait longer between feeds, so 3 oz 8 times a day, or 4 oz 6 times a day.

When the LC did a weighed feed or whatver they call it, he took nearly 4 oz.

ETA He also spits up a lot.

• Wow Jane, that's great!  He probably doesn't take 4 oz at each feed.  And is probably doing a lot of comfort sucking too.  It'll space out. 
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Mapleme said:

TJ1979 said:

Stoney have you lost weight?

No, she just cut her hair.
    Are you calling her fat?
    Omg no! She used to be an overweight 50 year old man and now she looks like she has her boyish figure back and shaved her head ;)

• Oh I wanna play even though I have a June baby who was supposed to be born in July. 

Bottles: He started taking them at 10 days old because he lost too much weight and was a lazy eater. He's taken em like a champ since. 

He has been getting 4, 3 oz bottles for the 9 hours I am at work, but we are trying 3, 3.5 oz bottles this week to see if he likes that better. I think he was getting overfed and thus a pretty unhappy little guy. 

He usually goes to sleep between 8-9 and wakes up somewhere between 1-3ish and then again at 4-6ish and nurses both times. He usually goes back to sleep again and I nurse him right before I leave for work. 

Sleep: I have no idea how much he sleeps, it seems to change everyday. Sometimes he takes little 30 minute naps and sometimes he naps for 3 hours. It seems like when I am at work he usually naps 3 times, once right after I leave for 60-90 minutes and once or twice in the afternoon depending on for how long.

He rolled from tummy to back for the first time this weekend!!!! We never do tummy time, but we decided to put him on his tummy on a blanket for the first time and he just rolled over. I happened to catch it on video which was amazing! He did it again last night, both ways. 

He is definitely the greatest ever :) And so are the rest of the babies 

Pictures!  

• TJ1979 said:

It's normal @unaveragejane.  They really change a lot between 2 months and 4 months.  Like, a lot.  They need at least 24 ounces a day.  If they are eating 2 oz every 2 oz, good to go.  When they get bigger, they can take more at a time and wait longer between feeds, so 3 oz 8 times a day, or 4 oz 6 times a day.

When the LC did a weighed feed or whatver they call it, he took nearly 4 oz.

ETA He also spits up a lot.
    Jane there's a huge range of normal. Until like 10 months old G ate every 1.5-2 hours when we were together. We did lots of weighed feeds at different times of the dayand he took anywhere between 2.5 and 5.5 oz. But he STTN really early. So he ate way more during the day than at night. I figured it was a trade off. I got sleep in exchange for being busier during the day.

You're doing great!! It will slow down eventually. Or it won't, but either way it will be normal. Also he'll get more efficient and feeds will be 5-15 minutes instead of 20-40 soon.

image imageimageimage

• Does your LO take a bottle?  Yup
    If so, how many ounces in a bottle?  6 currently and encroaching on 7oz
    How many bottles in a day?  Three a day and 4 breastfeedings at about 5 minutes a side.
    How many feeds overnight? None

How much does your LO sleep in a day?  It changes. I leave it up to him.
    How long at night?  From 10pm to 6:30am like a clock.
    How many naps?  Before every feeding, but he sometimes skips one, so 6.
    How long are they? Between half an hour to an hour long.

Is everyone rolling over? He's done it a few times, but nothing consistent and purposeful. He likes chillin on his side though.

Aren't they just the greatest ever?  He's the best baby I've ever met!

So, um, my baby is giant and since my feeding and sleep amount seem very different from everyone else's, I'm hoping that could be the reason? I kinda let him lead the way since he lets me sleep through the night. I really can't complain. He's 16.5lbs and 26.5inches as of last Thursday. About the breastfeeding times, I try to make him stay at least 5 minutes per side, but sometimes he wants to pop off after 2 minutes. I can't tell if he's really done, or is getting distracted.

• He's drinking those size bottles of breast milk?
  • And my baby is 28 inches and almost 24 pounds. So I see your giant and raise you one behemoth.
  • ghostice said:

Does your LO take a bottle?  Yup
    If so, how many ounces in a bottle?  6 currently and encroaching on 7oz
    How many bottles in a day?  Three a day and 4 breastfeedings at about 5 minutes a side.
    How many feeds overnight? None

How much does your LO sleep in a day?  It changes. I leave it up to him.
    How long at night?  From 10pm to 6:30am like a clock.
    How many naps?  Before every feeding, but he sometimes skips one, so 6.
    How long are they? Between half an hour to an hour long.

Is everyone rolling over? He's done it a few times, but nothing consistent and purposeful. He likes chillin on his side though.

Aren't they just the greatest ever?  He's the best baby I've ever met!

So, um, my baby is giant and since my feeding and sleep amount seem very different from everyone else's, I'm hoping that could be the reason? I kinda let him lead the way since he lets me sleep through the night. I really can't complain. He's 16.5lbs and 26.5inches as of last Thursday. About the breastfeeding times, I try to make him stay at least 5 minutes per side, but sometimes he wants to pop off after 2 minutes. I can't tell if he's really done, or is getting distracted.

It's because of the CDs that your baby is giant.
  • Does your LO take a bottle? Yes, we FF'ed from day 1.
     If so, how many ounces in a bottle?  usually 6 oz
    How many bottles in a day? I have NO idea... 5? 6? 
     How many feeds overnight? 1, between 2-4 am, but the last 2 nights it was like 530.

How much does your LO sleep in a day?  15-18 hrs? That seems like a lot, but when I add nighttime plus naps, thats what I come up with!
    How long at night?  Goes to bed around 630/7 pm, wakes up at 6/630 am.
    How many naps? 3-4... early AM (short), late AM/early aft (long), late aft (short)
     How long are they? Short naps, maybe 60-90. Long naps, up to 3 hrs. He wakes up but goes back to sleep if I put the soother back in. So I do this 432259 times. 

Is everyone rolling over? He rolled over back to front just before he turned 4 mo. We're practicing front to back these days. 

Aren't they just the greatest ever?  Bonus points for pics! Here's a CD pic too!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"