Parenting after a Loss
Options

Uterine prolapse

I had a complete uterine prolapse after delivering the placenta with my son.  I didn't have any hemorrhaging or other side effects.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I am curious to know where we'll stand when it comes to the possibility of having another child in the future.  I don't go back to my OB  until next week for m postpartum follow up appointment, but I'd like to have some idea of how this appointment will go...
BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
Lilypie - (nueR)
All ALers welcome!

Re: Uterine prolapse

• Options
    No experience or advice, but I wanted to offer hugs and good thoughts for your doctor's visit next week.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    kateithokateitho member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks ladies.  I XPed to the Parenting board.  It was a pretty traumatic afterbirth process.  My ute inverted and fell out.  My OB literally had t shove it back in. Then it happened all over again before they gave me  pitocin to help things start acting normal...

ETA:  I am so happy to just have a successful pregnancy and a healthy son, that I will be content either way, but DH really wants more kids.  He was an only child and says it was incredibly lonely.  I was one of 10, and I'd be happy with one and done status, but I'm not against the idea of another baby either.
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First of all, sending you some big hugs. I did not have a prolapsed uterus, but I did have a major hemorrhage in recovery after my csection, and it too was very traumatic for me. It's been over a year and I still have not sat down with my OB to discuss the details of what happened and how it will affect future deliveries. I really needed time to come to terms with what happened, and mostly just time NOT to think about it so that I could focus on the fact that I'm alive and my rainbow baby is here and perfect and wonderful. I've finally worked up the nerve to make the appointment, but I still don't know what I want to ask. I still have a few weeks before the appoinement so I hope to have a list of starter questions. (why did I hemorrhage? -even though I know, it needs to be discussed. Am I at risk of it happening again? Does it affect my chances at a VBAC? Is it more or less risky to just schedule a repeat csection? etc) I hope these questions will get the ball rolling and my doctor will help guide me through the discussion.

I didn't mean to hijack, just letting you know what my thought process was. I think it's tough being PAL, with this added complexity of a traumatic birth. There are a lot of conflicting emotions. I always find it comforting to find other mamas who have been down a similar path.

I hope your doc gives you some good advice and that you feel at peace with whatever information you receive and how it affects your going forward from here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry you're dealing with that, I hope your OB has some answers for you. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"