April 2015 Moms
Options

Headache remedies?

I'm an Advil addict typically but since it's not safe now I am miserable! I literally have been sleeping with an ice pack under my neck. I'm sure I can thank hormones but does anyone have ideas to make this hurt less?

Re: Headache remedies?

• Options
    Tylenol (allowed). Ice pack. Dark room. A little bit of caffeine.
  • Options
    All these things. I alternate between hot and cold packs depending on what seems to be working. Last night - nothing seemed to help. I think mine is allergy/sinus related so I'm really missing my Sudafed D. I'm also busting out the neti pot tonight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got really bad headache contributed to allergies. Zyrtec is allowed and worked wonders during last and this pregnancy.
  • Options
    There are several threads on this already if you search - lots of helpful ideas.
  • Options
    Mine is from muscle problems in my neck and back. I'm taking a unison tonight to help me sleep and hopefully relax better. We'll see if it helps. Chiropractor straightened it out today but now it's very inflamed.
  • Options
    If someone can give you a light scalp massage that usually helps me! Ice packs are definitely my go to remedy too :)
  • Options
    I would not use an ice pack. Cold restricts blood vessels. Restricted blood flow is counterproductive for headaches, use a warm compress instead

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• Options
    Mine is a cup of coffee/coke (depending on the time of day), tylenol, and a glass of water.
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • Options
    Tylenol extra strength, a full glass of water, a little caffeine, and I make hubby rub my temples :)
  • Options
    Tylenol, lots of water, ice backs or warm showers. Maybe position your head differently on your pillow? Hope your headaches subside. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I had cut out cokes months ago (6 or so) but since have been drinking sprite when I felt nauseated and a Dr. Pepper when a headache came about. Seems to be helping so far...

DH was worried the other night because my head felt as though it was going to explode - he checked my blood pressure and blood sugar and both were normal.

BFP: 08.11.14   EDD: 04.11.15
    IT'S A GIRL!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    CoQ10. It's been clinically proven to stop migraines, and it's a naturally derived nutrient. No testing on pregnant women, but my MD said it was ok to take for pain.
  • Options
    I suffer from migraines and previously my migraines disappeared when pregnant but this time they haven't however my OB sent me a paper on Magnesium and you can get it over the counter and you can take up to 400 mg per day and it's perfectly safe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"