May 2013 Moms
Options

WWYD: Anniversary

edited September 2014 in May 2013 Moms
Next year is our 20th anniversary (19 years today) and we are thinking of going back to Hawaii where we honeymooned. We tried to go away without kids for our 10 year anniversary, but I felt so guilt ridden and missed the kids that I had my mom and sister come meet us on our trip. We had a great week with everyone there. Two weeks later my mom died, and I was so grateful I had her join us since it gave me treasured memories (she lived 800 miles away). Ever since, we've always taken the kids on all our trips. I know if I just had the big kids, I wouldn't feel so bad traveling without them, since they'd understand it was a big anniversary....but LO will only be 2 1/2 and I'm a SAHM so I'm always with her. So what would you do:

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

WWYD: Anniversary 54 votes

Leave all the kids at home and enjoy a second honeymoon after 20 years
77% 42 votes
Take all 3 kids, and my sister, to watch them when we want alone time
18% 10 votes
Take just LO and your sister, and leave big kids with their friends
3% 2 votes
Go as a couple in 6 years for our 25th when LO is older....but we'll have 2 kids in college then so funds may be tight
0% 0 votes

Re: WWYD: Anniversary

• Options
    Leave the kids at home! Spending time alone with your husband is just as important as being with the kids.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^^ this.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input.  We're going to start looking into the logistics of the trip and try to factor in what my gut says will make me happiest (great advice @maymomNY). I just wanted to see what most May moms would do, too.   

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    At 2.5 my son literally thought his grandparents were way better/more fun than us haha. I would go if you have someone you know your LO loves spending time with. A week is no big deal... go enjoy your anniversary !!
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"