February 2015 Moms
Options

***UPDATE*** Second Half of A/S done..Not Sure How I Feel...

edited October 2014 in February 2015 Moms

I posted this in AW - AS sticky but I can't seem to shake this crappy feeling.

"Had the second half of the A/S yesterday. I haven't heard from any doctors yet on the results. But found the tech typing "2 vessel cord" on the image of the umbilical cord. Not too excited about this news but waiting to hear from my doctor after the scans have been reviewed. Both of the techs that did my scans were extremely quiet. Hoping for good news."

I've read through TB and the outcomes on most of the mommies that have posted have been good news. But after reading through the A/S thread and seeing that everyone got their "great results" the day of their scan just scares me. Gah. Someone please help me out of this funk!!

I'm scared.

***UPDATE***

My doctor called me yesterday, 24 hours after my scan. She stated that there was in fact an SUA. She said that they want to do another scan at 28 weeks to make sure the baby is still growing. She says a lot of times the baby will just "drop off" the grow chart and need to be monitored.

The good news is! She said that all of my soft markers came back negative. Down Syndrome is 1:325,000, Trisomy is 1:100,000, Neural Tube/ Spina Bifida 1:100,000 . She also said that the pictures of all of the baby's organs looks great. It's just the SUA and baby's growth that we have to keep an eye on. :) I have my appointment with my doctor on Monday and she said we can discuss this more. But for now, not to worry.

Talk about a bit of relief. I can breathe. Thank you again everyone for your support.

#:-S

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ***UPDATE*** Second Half of A/S done..Not Sure How I Feel...

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm sorry if this doesn't warrant it's own thread. :( Just figured maybe some lurkers might be dealing with the same situation.

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I don't have any advice but my T & P's are with you. I know a lot of ladies have 2 vessel chords and everything turned out fine. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    MMC- 11/2013 @ 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do believe we have a few moms here who had the same result that can relate. I can only offer my Ts and Ps for a healthy baby, it seems that the results aren't too much of a concern for the prognosis of baby's outcome.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have no experience with the two vessel cord, but with my first I was told I would hear back in 2-3 days if there was a problem and that if I heard nothing that all was fine. This time it took two weeks to receive a letter saying my scan was normal.
  • Options
    No advise but good luck!
  • Options
    I know others have been through similar but I only got my results the day of because my OB had a tech in office and they schedule a/s one hour before the OB appointment. I would hands been waiting for results too of my OB didn't schedule the way she does. T&Ps for good news and I'm sorry that you have to worry like this.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm sorry. Having a 2 vessel cord is not too uncommon and the outcomes are pretty good. If others get "good results" on the day of, it might just be what the techs said. I specifically asked my tech yesterday if everything looked good. She said "the preliminary will be ready today and the final result will be sent to your Dr in the next few days. He should call you then" (or discuss at your next OB appt). Legally they can't diagnose or give results. I think she knew I was concerned so when she was checking my baby, she said "heart looks good, brain looks good, size looks good" so I left feeling it went great and I have a healthy baby. I also got that because there didn't seem to be any look of concern on her face. I may be reading too much into my tech's mannerisms, but I felt good when I left.

She talked me through everything "this is the stomach, this is the heart, this is the nuchal fold" and showed me each image.

Try not to worry. Hopefully you get answers soon! GL and hugs!
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

**Stuck in a box**

When we had the first scan last week, the one tech I had just showed us the stomach and said that she was measuring at 19w which is a week behind what we had thought. The other ultrasounds I have had, she always measured ahead. So I didn't think much of it. When I went back yesterday, the tech wouldn't say anything. My DH and I tried to ask questions to lighten the mood a bit but she was pretty quiet and just, "ok"..."uh huh"..."hmm". So I don't know. I'm sure I'm reading too much into everything and I think the fact that she didn't tell me when my doctor would contact me didn't help either.

It's just hard to not be scared. I appreciate you guise. And I'm sorry for being sensitive Sally today.

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I know from experience that the Tech's are not allowed to say anything, its apparently a legal issue. If the office doesn't have an OB present, it may just take a few days for your OB to get to the scans and write up his/her report. Think positive! T&Ps for you and baby :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The only reason I got any information the same day as my scan is because the radiologist had to come in herself to finish getting measurements since little man was being so stubborn.

The smaller size could be related to the 2 vessel cord, or it could just be that baby was scrunched up a bit more than usual. Usually a 2 vessel cord isn't too worrisome, they just might try to monitor you more to check on baby's growth.  Thinking of you!  When do you have your next appointment so you can get official results?

BTW, I totally get being worried, I worried about what I was seeing on the monitor even when the tech was telling me that things looked good.  And the tech you had might find it easier to be the same way with everyone (not very talkative) so that she is in that habit in case she gets a mom with serious issues - that way its not as much of a shock and she's not cringing and such. ?

<3

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    Ts&Ps lady! Hopefully you hear something soon!

****siggy warning****

Me 29/ DH 28
    DH- MFI (low count, 2-3% morph)

IUI #1 January - Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 February - Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel: BFP 1st beta-25, 2nd beta-56, 3rd beta-45, miscarriage
    IUI #3 April - CD3 U/S 4-10. Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel CD11 - Cancelled.. TI w/5 follicles-BFN
    IUI #3.1 May - CD3 U/S 5-6, Follistim start 5-11 thru 5-17, u/s 5-18 3 mature w/ a close 4th, IUI 5-20 - BFP!
                 Beta #1 12dpo - 164 & progesterone - 89!, Beta #2 16 dpo - 1189, 5w3d - u/s shows TWINS!
                 6/19- u/s showed heartbeats! Baby A 111 & Baby B 118, both measuring 6w1d
                 7/3- Baby A hb 170, Baby B hb 166 - both measuring perfect.
                 7/18 - Baby A 165, Baby B 171 - both measuring right on track & moving all around!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

@HailsMom - I just checked and my next appointment is on Monday the 6th. Phew. I thought it was further away.

So I'm just going to breathe and stop being a spaz and just wait until I have my appointment on Monday. In the meantime, just hope for good news. Thanks guise. <3

@tweek137 - Nothing wrong with being in a funk. At least you know you aren't alone! I hope you get good results soon.

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I hope everything turns out okay!
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options

**Stuck in a box**

When we had the first scan last week, the one tech I had just showed us the stomach and said that she was measuring at 19w which is a week behind what we had thought. The other ultrasounds I have had, she always measured ahead. So I didn't think much of it. When I went back yesterday, the tech wouldn't say anything. My DH and I tried to ask questions to lighten the mood a bit but she was pretty quiet and just, "ok"..."uh huh"..."hmm". So I don't know. I'm sure I'm reading too much into everything and I think the fact that she didn't tell me when my doctor would contact me didn't help either.

It's just hard to not be scared. I appreciate you guise. And I'm sorry for being sensitive Sally today.
    Big Hugs to you, mama! I pray everything turns out ok
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had my anatomy scan yesterday and left feeling wonderful! Today I got a call with the results and although everything looks great, they did find the baby has a single umbilical artery (2 vessels cord). I know this doesn't ease any worry because I'm honestly trying myself not to be a wreck, but I know it helps me some to know I'm not the only one that is potentially experiencing something. If it helps, from what my doctor explained, this is something that happens that in most cases (about 75% of births without other complications) is isolated and does not affect baby. Now I just need to keep reminding myself this! If your results do come back as having a SUA, they will most likely send you for a level 2 ultrasound (this is what my doctor is scheduling for me) and will continue to monitor closely. 
  • Options
    I would call the OB until she/he calls you back. It can't hurt to call. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    heltoncl said:
    I had my anatomy scan yesterday and left feeling wonderful! Today I got a call with the results and although everything looks great, they did find the baby has a single umbilical artery (2 vessels cord). I know this doesn't ease any worry because I'm honestly trying myself not to be a wreck, but I know it helps me some to know I'm not the only one that is potentially experiencing something. If it helps, from what my doctor explained, this is something that happens that in most cases (about 75% of births without other complications) is isolated and does not affect baby. Now I just need to keep reminding myself this! If your results do come back as having a SUA, they will most likely send you for a level 2 ultrasound (this is what my doctor is scheduling for me) and will continue to monitor closely. 
    Good luck to you too!!!
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

@Duktale - Thank you. :\">

@heltoncl - Nice to know someone else is dealing with it as well. Not that I'd wish this trype of stress on ANYONE. But the fact we aren't dealing alone, is awesome. Good luck to you and I hope you get good results!

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    No advice or experience, but hoping everything is okay!

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I also found out on Friday that I have a 2 vessel cord. I know it is hard not to worry but the odds are in our favor. Type in 2 vessel cord in the Bump's search field and there are so many posts about it with positive results. It helped ease my mind.
    How I love you now napsBabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter had the same thing and she is a totally healthy active 12 yr old. The only difference between her and my other pregnancies was I was able to see her more (more check up US) and fetal activity monitoring at the end. I was also induced two weeks early. 

Married to Lee since 9/2/2000

Momma to Hais November 2002 and Carter April 2010 (with use of fertility treatments)

Cancer Survivor

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Big big hugs. Im so sorry you are going through this. I know several people who have had this issue and all of their babies have been fine. I think i read somewhere that it happens in 1% of pregnancies and its rarely an issue. I know its hard not to stress and hopefully your OB will have some answers at your next appointment. On the bright side people with this issue usually get tons of ultrasounds!! :) I'll be praying for you and your little miracle. Xoxo
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    Thank you @herhighness <3

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That's a good update! I'm glad the other test came back great!
    imageimageimage

Married 8/22/09
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Glad to hear the update! Glad everything is ok!
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In so glad the Dr for back to you quickly. yay for a healthy bean.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you have to go through that! I have been in a seriously funk since the end of August. I was called and told that I had "markers for Trisomy 13" I just didn't know what to think, the doctor sent me to the genetic counsellor, and they told me some pretty crappy things. I had to finish the test still, I had only done the first part, and they wanted the results back. Two weeks later they called me (I thought it was for my results)  but actually told me that I had to come back in and re-do the blood work. Yesterday was my appointment and I went in fearing the worst, but he told me that I was Negative for everything and had a 1-100,000 chance for any birth defect, and that I didn't need to get the amnio done. 
    For some reason it felt like to me I had this one job to do, and that was to protect this growing baby inside me, yet for some reason I was failing. I think our heighten emotional state really messes with us also in the affect of our moods. Please know that I am thinking about you and praying for everything to be good!! 
  • Options
    Glad you got some good news!

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    YAY for a great news update! :)

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    Soooo happy you got good news today! T&P's that baby girl keeps growing strong!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Glad everything's looking good, and hopefully the SUA doesn't affect LO too much, and you have a healthy baby at the end.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"