August 2014 Moms

Wrap/Sling/Carrier

So sell me on your Wrap/Sling/Carrier and why you love it so much. Or if you have one and don't like it, why is that? It's time to invest in something because LO just wants to be held and fall asleep in my arms some days and this Momma has other things I need to work on around the house.

Re: Wrap/Sling/Carrier

• I'm a big fan of the becco we have. We also have a meitei that is similar but ties, not buckles. They are easy to use and versatile. Plus they can be used by H or I easily even though he is much bugger
  • LOVE my Tula carrier. It's a semi-structured carrier. Has passed waist band, thick, padded shoulder straps, is adjustable, big seat for baby — I can use the Tula in a front carry with Amelia, and a back carry for my 19 month old ds! Seriously. Is the same concept as the Ergo, but the carrier is slightly bigger so will hold a baby longer. Plus Tula makes leg extenders to make the seat when bigger for even longer use.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • We love the moby for lounging around cause it's comfortable for both of us and soft. Although I don't Forsee using it for the long haul, she loves it now.

We have the infantino fusion for out and about/daddy cause it's easy to put on quick. It has lots of carry positions and is super cheap for a carrier at $40! Closest in function to the becco Gemini ($130) which we really wanted but a friend said she might give us hers as soon as her toddler grows out of it.

• I prefer the k'tan to the moby. The moby is just way too much fabric for me, I personally couldn't master it. The k'tan is less, it is two loops that are connected so it's much easier to get on and get baby in.

We also have a becco that H loves to use. It has a nice, thick waist strap. Good back support.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Beco gemini and I love it! Can use from 7 lbs up, no infant insert needed, comfy

• I prefer the k'tan to the moby. The moby is just way too much fabric for me, I personally couldn't master it. The k'tan is less, it is two loops that are connected so it's much easier to get on and get

I have the k'tan for these reasons as well. It's pretty easy to get into fast. My main issue is that LO doesn't really like to turn his head to the side so when I put him in chest to chest, I feel like I'm suffocating him with my boobs! I figure that's a problem that all wraps present. Others have mentioned this before - in the kangaroo position is kind of hard to get him positioned right to where he sits high up enough for his head to be free.
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a moby and an ergo. I love the moby around the house. It is very comfortable, but thrre is a learning curve and even when you have mastered it it does take a couple of minutes to get on. I like the ergo when I leave the house. I have gotten really good at getting it on by myself.
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • I like the Ergo but think I will like it more without the newborn insert. I like it more for when we are out and about. I am looking for a softer carrier. I had ordered a K'tan but it was the wrong size and i am not sure if i want to order another size. I might get a moby or similar wrap that I saw on Etsy.
  • I have the moby and so far I'm not a fan I can get it on and tied but can't get LO's head tuck in right mostly because he likes to look around. My LO just doesn't seem happy or comfortable in it. Maybe it will work better when we can move to a different position. In the meantime I'm looking for an easy one for around the house.
  • I have a Moby and really like it. like others have said, there is a steep learning curve, but I watched some YouTube videos and do pretty well with it now. once I get it on and get her in it it is wonderful. I have walked around with her in it for hours. she normally falls asleep in it pretty quick and stays asleep.
    we eventually plan to get an ergo. apparently it is much better on babies hips than other structured carriers ( crotch rockets), but don't take my word on that because I have yet to do my own research on if that is true or not yet.

• Great post!! I have a moby, but I do not like that it's 18 feet of fabric. It's too much for my 4'10" stature to deal with. I've ordered the k'tan because it looks so much easier. I'm also wanting something more structured like an infantino of sorts.
  • I have a moby. It's much easier for me to get LO in it with a little help from SO. LO really likes it, he'll fall right asleep or calm down & start looking around. It's great for skin to skin too.
    I like the Tula, maybe if I'm still baby wearing once he's older I'll shell out the cash for one.
  • I love my Ring sling, woven wrap, and Ergo right now.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mwsolismwsolis member
    edited October 2014
    I have the moby, the boba, the Tula, the ergo with infant insert and the maya ring sling. I know it sounds ridiculous to have so many carriers but a lot of them were gifts. So far I like the moby and the boba but like the boba better because it's easier to put on and DD likes it better because the fabric is less restrictive. The wraps are great for quick walks outside and around the house. DD almost always falls asleep but I have to keep moving. I keep one upstairs and one downstairs. DH likes the ergo. I bought it for him. I will probably use the Tula when DD is older; right now she's too small. The maya ring sling is sadly a failure. DD cries every time which is too bad because I bought it so I could breastfeed and move around the house. I keep trying thinking it's just my skills getting her in or she'll finally like it one day.
  • I got the k'tan, and so far like it. I have only used the kangaroo position, but felt it is really easy to use and rather comfortable. I may have ordered a size too big because I didn't look at the size chart, so if you go this route, make sure to do that! I am hoping it will shrink a bit in the wash.

• I just got the Moby and I love it.  So does DS :)   I think I am going to like it for now a lot better than the Ergo, but I think the Ergo definitely has its place when he's older.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"