May 2015 Moms
Options

Pregnancy test got slightly lighter at 6 weeks!

Hello ladies!! I'm really trying to not stress out but having lost my last pregnancy 3 months ago at 5 weeks, I'm absolutely terrified that something will go wrong again. I have been taking pregnancy tests a couple times a week since I was 3 weeks pregnant just so I can see the line get darker. (yes, I am addicted and a bit crazy.) Well about 5 days ago the test line was darker than the control line which had me extremely excited but today I took another test (I'm 6 weeks and 2 days) and the test line was still dark but not as dark as the last test I took. I'm trying not to panic as I have read about the "hook effect" but I don't know if 6 weeks is too early for that or if it's normal for the tests to start to get lighter.. Help, please! Thanks!

Re: Pregnancy test got slightly lighter at 6 weeks!

• Options
    awwwww. my advice is stop with the tests and do something else! it sounds like you're driving yourself insane all on your own. there's nothing you can do so do something else! won't know til your first visit. I asked for early blood work, so maybe you could do that and see if your OB thinks they're at appropriate levels.

Our rescued fur babies, Harley and Maya

Pregnancy%20ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 1/23/14, EDD 10/1/14, M/C 2/13/14 - Forever loved <3
  • Options
    Stop taking test. Lines getting darker on pee sticks are not a reliable indicator of the health of your pregnancy. A million things can go into the color of your line. Hang in there,
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you. You're right, I'm driving myself nuts. Whatever is meant to happen will happen. No more testing. I still feel nauseous so I have no reason to think something is wrong. Thanks again. :)
  • Options
    @Tasha819‌ you're like me! Super paranoid, hehe I've taken heaps of tests too, just to make sure it's still in there. When are you due? And when's your first scan?? :) all the best!
  • Options
    It's a serious addiction! Thank you, at least I know I'm not alone. Haha. I am due 5/25 and my first scan is on 10/14, which feels like it's years away. Good luck to you and no more testing for you either!! :)
  • Options
    Put the sticks down. You are only making your stress worse. Try and remember, today you are pg and you love your baby. GL.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement. I appreciate it!! :)
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a test addiction. I would take a test days after ttc knowing full and well there was no way it could be positive and still be crazy disappointed after it would come back negative. Just reading this makes me want to take a test to see the shade of the line. I'm not going to bc I don't want to spend any more money on tests! I don't know if there is anything to the shade of the test. Call the doc and let them know you are worried and see if they will measure your levels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"