December 2013 Moms
Options

@golfingdarwinfish

Do you have a labor buddy? Will they update us on baby fish? October is tomorrow. Eek!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: @golfingdarwinfish

• Options
    Mac2588Mac2588 member
    edited October 2014
    Is your labor buddy going to update us?
    NM, just read sooz post.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was JUST thinking about this today!!! I can't believe Baby Fish is so close...

Maybe when they admit you on the 15th they'll want to start with a cervix softener before moving to pitocin or something on the 16th? That's how mine was going to be...cervadil at like 11 pm the night before and then the "induction" the next morning. Of course it didn't work out like that and it was straight pitocin a couple of days later.

And sorry if I'm talking out of my ass and you've already explained all of the plans for Baby Fish :) <:-P

• Options

I was JUST thinking about this today!!! I can't believe Baby Fish is so close...

Maybe when they admit you on the 15th they'll want to start with a cervix softener before moving to pitocin or something on the 16th? That's how mine was going to be...cervadil at like 11 pm the night before and then the "induction" the next morning. Of course it didn't work out like that and it was straight pitocin a couple of days later.

And sorry if I'm talking out of my ass and you've already explained all of the plans for Baby Fish :) <:-P </p>

That's how mine was. Went in at 8 on Christmas and had cervadil and went to "sleep" and then they started pitocin at about 6 or 7 am.
  • Options
    Omg... I can't believe baby fish is almost here!!!!! I'm so excited for you !
  • Options
    ameegee said:
    I was JUST thinking about this today!!! I can't believe Baby Fish is so close... Maybe when they admit you on the 15th they'll want to start with a cervix softener before moving to pitocin or something on the 16th? That's how mine was going to be...cervadil at like 11 pm the night before and then the "induction" the next morning. Of course it didn't work out like that and it was straight pitocin a couple of days later. And sorry if I'm talking out of my ass and you've already explained all of the plans for Baby Fish :) <:-P
    That's how mine was. Went in at 8 on Christmas and had cervadil and went to "sleep" and then they started pitocin at about 6 or 7 am.
    I asked my MFM on Tuesday and he basically confirmed everything you said.  My cervix is already "floppy", but depending on the baby's heart patterns over 2-3 hours, they will either insert cytotec or the balloon to speed along dilation.  The pitocin will begin around 9am the next day!

I'm a bit scared of the pitocin... 
    @-)

Oh, and the balloon.  That actually freaked me out more, but he told me that in Europe the balloon is placed in the ob's office and patients return after it falls out.  That was his way of trying to convince me it's not that bad... 
    :-?
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    Did it work?
  • Options
    Try not to be scared...easier said than done, I know. Honestly, I really didn't think pitocin was all that bad - but there's two sides to everything as you well know :)

• Options
    I had the balloon with my first and they did my epidural before they inserted it. I didn't feel a thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"