1st Trimester
Options

Aversions or Cravings

jennilarkspurjennilarkspur member
edited September 2014 in 1st Trimester
Anyone experiencing Aversions or Cravings?

For me, the thought of eating chicken has become similar to the thought of eating a piece of moldy bread from the bottom of a trash can.  Just the thought of a piece of chicken is so revolting!  On the other side (and it seems almost ironic to me) I have started to crave hard boiled eggs!  And, I have rediscovered the deliciousness of milk!   Mmmmm...
BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Aversions or Cravings

• Options
    Salt. Olives from the Whole Food olive bar! Im really liking breakfast burritos with eggs, refried beans and salsa. Hard boiled eggs are fantastic. With my first, I drank pint glasses of milk!

I learned the hard way and cannot use the crock pot for the time being. The smell permeates the house and makes me nausea to no end.
  • Options
    I've noticed in the past two days that meat is starting to get really gross. I've just been picking around it and eating the sides.
    First comes love = November 2012
    Then comes marriage = July 19th, 2014

Then comes baby = May 19th 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Praying for #2
    ~6 week loss in January 2016
    ~7 week loss in April 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DD, I wanted super spicy food all the time.

With DS, I didn't have cravings, but I couldn't even look at tomatoes. Everything about them grossed me out.

Nothing super strong in either direction this time around.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I find the meat aversions (particularly chicken) so intriguing.  Thanks for the responses!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

I'm addicted to potatoes in any form-french fries, baked potatoes, potato wedges, etc. :)

I was also on a huge cheeseburger kick before pregnancy...since I've been expecting I often can't find the idea of them appealing at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With DS I craved baked potatoes and orange sherbet. OH! And Shamrock Shakes. As for aversions, I couldn't eat anything red (I have NO idea what was up with that, but I'd throw up almost instantly if I tried), and the smell of coffee made me ill for the entire pregnancy.

This time around, I have a thing for anything spicy, mostly because it seems to be less likely to come back up for whatever reason. I'm only 5 weeks, so I can't say much for sure, but now that you ladies mention it, meat hasn't really been that appealing lately. That's kinda normal for me though, I go through love/hate phases with meat fairly regularly. No other major aversions, aside from just "what do you want for dinner? no, not that, pick something else."
  • Options
    I WISH I had cravings. I have aversions to everything. I try to graze all day on fruit and carbs (can't do the thick good grain bread, too hard to eat, I'm on the gross nutrition-less white fake bread!). I haven't had red meat in probably ten years, but I'm starting to want a burger or meatballs, just something warm and filling. Probably need the iron and protein. I like the *idea* of some foods, but then to actually sit down and eat it is another story. I just want nothing to do with anything, it's awful. Frustrated to tears when I know I feel like sh-t because I'm hungry, but can't eat because I feel like sh-t   :/
  • Options
    I have been meat free for three weeks, but not by choice. I can't even look at chicken without feeling nauseated.
  • Options
    No cravings, just aversions. And once I eat something once, I usually can't eat it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"