February 2014 Moms
Options

SAHM check-in 9/30

What were your successes this week?

What was your biggest challenge or struggle this week?

What helped save your sanity?

Topic for the week:  Do you feel like people treat you differently now that you SAH?

GTKY:  Happiest mommy moment.

Feel free to bring up any other thoughts, feelings, or concerns you are having.  

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

Re: SAHM check-in 9/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meghan14 I'll post later, but I'm happy to fill in next week for you! 

@joybaby5 Motrin is absolutely an answer!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    @madisonpenny What about a playdate at a park? Mall walking? Story hour at a bookstore (Barnes & Noble does them, or maybe you have a local store where you could have your own mommy group only?)
  • Options
    Hey girls.  I didn't forget you are here.  I'm skimming and hope to respond soon, but crazy day trying to get everything done so I can pack tomorrow and leave at 4:00am Thurs.

• Options
    @Bookshelves : Of course you can help run it! I didn't want to ask because I know you've had a lot going on.   
    I am so very sorry to hear about your grandmother.  I haven't been on tb nearly enough, and am sorry I am only just hearing of this.  I have bee thinking about you.  Again, I am sorry.  You will continue to be in my thoughts.  So many hugs to you.  
    I am glad you were able to let others care for LO so you could focus on your family.  
    I'll admit in a previous life I was someone who wondered what SAHM did all day, but it was always about those with school aged kids.  To imply that a mom with a baby has nothing to do all day is hurtful.  Whenever I hear you talk about giving up a career you love I think of you as my more eloquent twin.

@Joybaby5 : I've been trying to walk too.  It's hard to make the time though.  I'm sorry things have been difficult with H. ((HUGS)) I hope the talk you had helps soon.  SIL sounds like she may have a lot of her own weird issues.  

@BMBrinson : Yay for finishing the class.  1 down and 1 to go, right? And congrats on the new place.  I totally get the feeling that people think I lack ambition.  

@JammerC : good for you taking on some of the cooking.  My H also has traditionally done the cooking.  We haven't been brave enough yet to mix up our routines, so I'm impressed with you. I am glad LO is feeling better, please don't feel like it was your fault.  It wouldn't occur to me to think about if foods were constipation causing until LO was having a problem.  I'm glad you are able to ignore other people's judgment.  I think it's great that you and H have both known what it's like to SAH and be a working parent.  "Free hugs" are too cute!

@Misdemeanor : I'm glad the fishing trip went well.  It sounds like you turned a challenge into a success!  I'm sorry you BF is being a butt.  ((HUGS)) to you.    I got all happy reading your happiest moment!

• Options
    @MadisonPenny : So many ((HUGS)) for you and your mom.  My mother had hers removed over a decade ago.  With hindsight, it was the best option and it saved her life.  Your mother will be in my thoughts.
    What about setting a playdate up at a park?  You should have a few more weeks of nice weather, right?  I've hosted several walks for my mom group.  

@sjelwood : I am glad you were able to relax.  How did your H do solo?  We're whining a lot more here too.  I'm sorry you are having a hard time finding activities, that must make being home tough.

• Options
    I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for your support, I know it must get annoying to hear the same complaints about my messed up life all the time. This is the only 'safe' place I have to talk about it. IRL everyone either thinks I'm lucky, and have the perfect lyfe and don't believe the rest, or just tells me to leave him, because life is that easy. I appreciate you all so much!
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    MissD, I love you. I love that this is a safe place for you even though I hate that you're going through this right now. Never, ever worry about saying what you need to get off your chest.
  • Options

@JoyBaby5 Walks are important for our daily survival. I’m not sure how we will survive Winter here, but hopefully he’ll be more mobile then. (No crawling yet)

@MissDemeanor I totally get the “normal person” stuff. For so long we went places separately while one of us stayed home with the baby or dropped him off at MIL’s. It’s so nice now.

What were your successes this week?

Got to the gym 2 days last week and so far 2 this week. I weighed myself and I’m not as far from my goal as I thought but still have 20 (in a perfect world) pounds to go before I’m back to pre-baby weight. Just trying to drink extra water and make better choices at home to get me started.

We also got another tooth in and another one started today. The good news is you would never know he’s teething. None of the common “symptoms”. He’s a champ. Thank goodness because 5 months of crankiness was way too much to deal with!

What was your biggest challenge or struggle this week?

I feel fairly “fragile” still. When things go wrong it usually makes me get into one of my deep holes again. After talking to my sister she thinks I should consider medication. I’m not opposed to it, but I’m not bad enough where I feel like I need something like that. I really feel like it’s a mental thing rather than something I need medication to control. So I’m trying to do better at controlling my emotions and when I find myself slipping, find a distractor. I’m determined to get better and have less “meltdowns”.  

What helped save your sanity?

The weekend was a great refresher for us. It almost always is. We are continuing to make progress on our house and making it look better on the outside. (the backyard is all weeds and the front lawn is grass and a lot of weeds so there’s plenty of work to be done!)

We also had a play date almost every day last week. It was great for me to talk to friends I hadn’t seen in a while. This week isn’t as exciting but it’s nice to get LO back into his “routine” and let him take naps uninterrupted.

Topic for the week:  Do you feel like people treat you differently now that you SAH?

I live in Utah. Most moms here are SAH’s and both of our families are the same and can support that. It’s actually kind of the reverse I think. I think I would feel judged if I chose to continue to work.

GTKY:  Happiest mommy moment:

Like many others, it’s hard to pinpoint 1. Would either be finally seeing him after 23 hours of labor, or when he was finally sleep trained and started sleeping through the night consistently. 

• Options
    shellbell3845shellbell3845 member
    edited October 2014
    I like it @madisonpenny

ETA how does it look if you just wash n go? Is there a way to make blow drying easier?
  • Options
    I know i have a few more of you to respond to, but 2 quick things for now.

@MadisonPenny : I like it!

I thought many of us would appreciate this article.  I feel like she's talking for me when she mentioned she would list everything she did all day say her husband would know she was being productive.

• Options
    @Madisonpenny....has anyone ever told you that you look like "Tammy 2" from Parks and Rec? You are much more adorable but I saw your picture and noticed a resemblance. Hopefully that's not offensive. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"