September 2014 Moms
Options

Tracking feeds/diapers

So in the hospital, they had me tracking Miss A's feedings and diaper changes. I've continued that because I was under the impression that I needed to, that they'd ask specific questions at her appointments. We had her first appt yesterday and she's back up to birth weight, but they didn't ask about specific numbers.

Is there a recommendation about when it's ok to stop tracking? Also, I like having an app that tracks my feeds (which side I'm on, what time she last fed, etc) but the one I'm using seems to have some glitches- how do you keep track of that stuff? Is there a better or more efficient way than using an app?

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

Re: Tracking feeds/diapers

• Options
    I stopped after his 2 week appointment when he was past his birth weight. When I feed him, I just kind of make a mental note of what time he starts. He eats a lot and has more than enough diapers so I'm not worried. He's gaining like a champ!

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Options
    I use the Sprout app. I like to keep track so I know when he ate last & I can plan my day a little better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been using webMD baby. It lets me keep up with LOs weigh gain and height. It also lets me change between LO and DD1. LO is 3 weeks old, but I've still been keeping up with it because we've been having weight issues.
  • Options
    I have been keeping track on a post it app on my phone. I also am a numbers person and just want to have all the info. DH also likes to see what's going on. He's a list kind of person.
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    edited September 2014
    zoeyy said:

We use baby connect. Once he got to birth weight we didn't need to track besides making sure he's having wet diapers.I continue to track because I'm a numbers person and must know all things.

This. LO's two week appointment is this Thursday but I've seen the LC multiple times and he was at his birth weight last Friday. It helps me keep track since I still feel like I have baby brain (I guess it's new mommy brain now).

Edited: I use the app BabyNursing.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    zoeyy said:

We use baby connect. Once he got to birth weight we didn't need to track besides making sure he's having wet diapers. I continue to track because I'm a numbers person and must know all things.

Exactly this.

imageimage

• Options
    I stopped tracking once she was up to birth weight. I kind of let her just do her own thing, and feed her when she likes. I make a mental not on which side she ate from when, because I use the same boob until the 2 hour mark is up.

I don't have to track diaper because she pees like a crazy lady. Good change from my daughter who had kidney issues.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I stopped tracking once she was up to birth weight. I kind of let her just do her own thing, and feed her when she likes. I make a mental not on which side she ate from when, because I use the same boob until the 2 hour mark is up.

I don't have to track diaper because she pees like a crazy lady. Good change from my daughter who had kidney issues.

Ah! This helped answer another question I had but wasn't sure how to ask. I never know when the boob is "empty" and I should switch sides or when she's done before its empty which boob to start on the next time. Using the same boob until a 2 hour time limit is up is a good idea.

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• Options
    I've been using an app called "baby nursing" on android. I switched to it after I started EP'ing because it has ways to track height, weight, head size, nursing sessions (what side and for how long), pumping (oz from each side and time), bottle feeds (how long, what was in the bottle, and how many ounces), diapers, sleep, and solids. I mainly just use it for the pumping, bottles, and weight. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

I use an app called nursing. I love how simple it is. I hate that it only tracks breastfeeding. I can't tract pumping, formula feeding, bottle feeding, wet, nor dirty diapers. You may be able to in the paid version, but I'm too cheap. I wish there was an app that had the same lay out that offered all the other stuff.

I use Similac app for feeding and diapers its free on iPhone idk about android. It has breast feeding, pumping, and bottle feeding. It keeps tracks of diapers, sleep, and growth. I love it and it's simple. WebMD Baby app is also free but I only use it for the baby journal, it's simple to use.
  • Options

I use an app called nursing. I love how simple it is. I hate that it only tracks breastfeeding. I can't tract pumping, formula feeding, bottle feeding, wet, nor dirty diapers. You may be able to in the paid version, but I'm too cheap. I wish there was an app that had the same lay out that offered all the other stuff.

I use Similac app for feeding and diapers its free on iPhone idk about android. It has breast feeding, pumping, and bottle feeding. It keeps tracks of diapers, sleep, and growth. I love it and it's simple. WebMD Baby app is also free but I only use it for the baby journal, it's simple to use.
  • Options
    DD is almost 3 weeks and I've quite tracking. At her two week appt she was almost a pound over her birth weight and has plenty of dirty and wet diapers. I was using the Baby Feed app when I was tracking everything. I liked it you are able to track breastfeeding, bottle, expressing, sleep, dirty and wet diapers, and solid food for when they get older. I might start using it again when I go back to work so I don't miss a pump session.

With DS I had low supply and I kept track of all that for a couple months. I wish I would have had the app when I had him.
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • Options
    I use the feed baby app. It tracks side, time, pumping, bottles, diapers and meds (pedi said she needed vitamin d).
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Gizmo1231Gizmo1231 member
    edited September 2014
    I still track but I am a little OCD :-) I love the app iBabyLog because it syncs to multiple devices and DH can log diapers and any supplemental feedings as well on his own phone or iPad.
    ETA: it tracks almost everything you could imagine!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    With this one I haven't kept track of much. Mentally I just roughly know the time he ate. Funny how things change with the second child... With my first I used the Similac app. It tracked diapers, feeding, sleeping, it was great! And he was EBF so don't think that it's just for formula because of the name.

• Options
    I've stopped tracking most things, but I just wear a hair tie on my wrist on the side she needs to nurse on next and flip it throughout the day.  Low tech, but it works!
  • Options
    I track his diapers because we've just now started nursing without a shield. I just have a little notebook that I mark it in. Old school I know, but I dropped my iPhone in the toilet (thanks high BP meds!) and have a Nokia lumia to tide me over till I get a new one. All the bfing apps stink, so I just find this easiest.
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Options
    I use an app to track so I remember when she last ate and when I last pumped. Mostly use it to see how much I'm pumping each day vs how much she's eating.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options
    Let's just say with the number of blowouts and soaked diapers, we are lucky enough to not have to count. Also, I use a shield, so I can see if he's getting milk out or not.
  • Options
    I just use a bracelet. I switch it to whichever side he nursed last.  It works for us, and I never tracked diapers after the hospital as long as he pooped once a day, and had several wets, we're good!
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Options
    Been using baby connect since I had my daughter 2.5 yeas ago. I'm OCD to a fault about tracking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I use Baby Daybook, which I downloaded for free through Android. It tracks the following: BFing, pumping, bottles, sippycup feeding, solid food, diaper changes, sleeping, baths, and medicine. It lets you put in extra information such as which side, when you started/ended, etc. LO is four weeks old and I still track BFing sessions, diaper changes and bath times. I also track my own sleep instead of her haha. Using the app helps me feel less scatterbrained. Without it, I'm unsure of how long she has nursed for or how long it's been. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"