Pregnant after a Loss
Options

***Tuesday Ticker Change Check-in***

Hey ladies!  Welcome to the Tuesday ticker check-in! If your ticker changes over to a new week today, feel free to join our check-in.  Help us get to know you better by giving us a brief intro and including your estimated due date.

***Birch kindly offered to take over the check-in if no one else volunteers, but she already runs a check-in on another board and they take a bit of time, so I'm still looking for a volunteer! Things are getting crazy busy at work as I try to wrap up over the next month so I may not be able to post the full check-in each week.***

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The Tuesday ticker change ladies!!

@Meagpt22 - 10/21/14 Team Green
@rox825 - 11/4/14 Team Green
@MrsTuna08 - 11/25/14 Team Pink
@kalynn12 - 12/9/14 Team Pink
@megbmeg - 12/9/14 Team Pink
@Birch113 - 12/16/14 Team Blue
@haleyusf  - 12/16/14 Team Green
@SamanthaLaura16 - 1/20/15 Team Blue
@Elysa15 - 1/20/15 Team Pink
@Bigboneded - 1/27/15 Twins, Team Pink x2
@larahouseman - 1/27/15 Team Blue
@luciddreamer106 - 1/27/15 Team Green
@Keberly91 - 1/27/15 Team Blue
@stefani103 - 2/3/15 Team Blue
@uneek1323 - 3/3/15
@mayaruthie - 3/3/15
@jcar2 - 3/3/15
@meladoriestar - 3/17/14
@co baby1 - 3/31/15
@GrailSeeker14 - 4/21/15
JuddandJessica - 4/28/15
Courtney1741 - 5/5/15

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

How far along are you? What fruit/veggie are you?  XXX

If you’re far enough along, are you having a boy or girl or are you team green? (This is to update the list, so if you’re already on there no need to answer again!)  XXX

How are you feeling?  XXX

Favorite moment of the week?  XXX

Least favorite moment of the week?  XXX

How are your symptoms? Getting better? Worse? Any new ones?  XXX

How is PGAL brain treating you? Any T&P requests?  XXX

Any upcoming appointments or milestones you're looking forward to?  XXX

~*~*~*GTKY question:~*~*~*

What's your least favorite chore?  Do you and your SO split chores or do they fall more on one or the other?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

Re: ***Tuesday Ticker Change Check-in***

• Options

How far along are you? What fruit/veggie are you?  35 weeks, coconut.  35 weeks- holy $h!t when did that happen??

How are you feeling?  Starting to feel huge and uncomfortable.  I'll miss being pregnant when this baby comes out, but will miss 2nd tri more :-)

Favorite moment of the week?  Decorating the nursery this weekend, almost done.

Least favorite moment of the week?  Work has been really stressful and busy this week with everything that I have to finish before maternity leave.  I'm also really stressing about everything that we have left to do to prep for the baby and the fact that I have no time to do it all.  I'll probably call out sick one day in the next few weeks and set aside the day to do baby stuff.

How are your symptoms? Getting better? Worse? Any new ones?  I wake up now with pain and stiffness in my hands and feet, and feet are definitely getting more swollen by the end of the day.

How is PGAL brain treating you? Any T&P requests?  This Saturday marks 1 year since we found out about our loss, so that's not going to be a great day.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones you're looking forward to?  My next appointment is next week and will get the GBS test, and at that point I'm on the weekly schedule.

What's your least favorite chore?  Do you and your SO split chores or do they fall more on one or the other?  My absolute least favorite is cleaning the shower and/or bathtub.  I think that I end up doing a bit more than him, but in the spring-fall it's probably pretty balanced because he mows the lawn and does more projects around the house.  I hate cleaning though and have told him many times that once I go back to work, we're getting a cleaning service, and I can't wait!

Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs

• Options
    Birch113 Congrats on passing the 3 hour test!!  That's great news.  Sorry that your boss isn't being very flexible and you'll have to start using leave.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? What fruit/veggie are you?  22 weeks! Papaya!

How are you feeling?  Okay.

Favorite moment of the week?  He's a kicker. Sunday night, he decided that my bedtime was his playtime. My husband was actually able to feel him (I think it freaked him out). I am now calling baby "the ninja."

Least favorite moment of the week?  Work sucks. 

How are your symptoms? Getting better? Worse? Any new ones?  Meh. Still morning sick but I think it's the metformin. Shall I just copy and paste this every week? ;)

How is PGAL brain treating you? Any T&P requests?  Kicking is uncomfortable but reassuring, so okay. The real paranoia... I'm afraid to call baby by his name. What if something happens? Then we'd never be able to re-use the name (they are important (to us) family names, so we really want to use them). It's silly and paranoid and selfish, but there ya go.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones you're looking forward to?  Monday I get another ultrasound! Love seeing him!

What's your least favorite chore?  Do you and your SO split chores or do they fall more on one or the other? Cleaning bathrooms, which is why I don't do it. We split them, but it's mostly:

DH: yard work and weekly trash; cleaning bathrooms and floors/vacuum (but these do not get done as often as they should) 

Me: dishes and laundry... also, usually general straightening up because it's usually my mess :)

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1: 8/2012; EDD 5/4/2013; MC 10/2012 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 4/2013; EDD 1/4/2014; MC 5/2013 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #3: 7/2013; EDD 4/4/2014; MC 8/2013 @ 5 weeks
    BFP #4: 12/1/2013; EDD 8/13/2014; D&E 1/17/2014 @ 10 weeks
    BFP #5: 5/27/2014; EDD 2/3/2015
    8/7/2014 It's a boy!
  • Options
    @rox825: Yay for 35 weeks! And yay for getting baby things done and taking sick days! 

I'm sorry that Saturday will be hard. Those days are always tough. Having a little one on the way does help soften the pain, but nothing will ever take it away completely. 

@Birch113: Your boss shouldn't have said it was okay then change their mind. Jerks.

Shall we just re-name this post: ladies who hate cleaning bathrooms?
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1: 8/2012; EDD 5/4/2013; MC 10/2012 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 4/2013; EDD 1/4/2014; MC 5/2013 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #3: 7/2013; EDD 4/4/2014; MC 8/2013 @ 5 weeks
    BFP #4: 12/1/2013; EDD 8/13/2014; D&E 1/17/2014 @ 10 weeks
    BFP #5: 5/27/2014; EDD 2/3/2015
    8/7/2014 It's a boy!
  • Options
    edited September 2014

How far along are you? What fruit/veggie are you?  23 weeks, papaya

How are you feeling?  Great! The baby is moving around a ton and I'm feeling better as V-day approaches.

Favorite moment of the week?  We got back from a 4 day babymoon last night and it was wonderful.  We stayed near Santa Cruz, CA and did a bunch of touristy things (Monterey Bay Aquarium, Santa Cruz Boardwalk and Wharf, The Mystery Spot), went to the beach,  and went on a couple of beautiful hikes.  

Least favorite moment of the week?  MH took advantage of me being the DD on our trip and had quite a bit to drink one of the nights.  Being totally sober and hanging out with your drunk husband is annoying.

ETA: Actually, what's even worse is regarding a class I'm trying to take.  I'm a RN with an Associate's Degree (but have a BA in Psych also) and am trying to go back and get my BSN so I am more competitive and can get the job I want.  But first, I have to take this dumb public speaking class to fulfill that school's GE requirement.  It's an 8 week class that starts in 2 weeks and I've been on the wait list.  Apparently, I was enrolled twice but then dropped for nonpayment because they sent me emails about it and I never got them.  I thought I had forwarded the emails correctly, but I guess I didn't do it right.  Now, I'm #19 on the list and really hoping the teacher will let me in. Pretty please?

How are your symptoms? Getting better? Worse? Any new ones?  The hand and leg swelling is starting to kick in.  I've had issues with leg swelling when I stand for a long time prior to pregnancy, but it's much more noticeable now.

How is PGAL brain treating you? Any T&P requests? I'm doing ok.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones you're looking forward to?  I'm looking forward to reaching v-day next week and my birthday on Monday. :)

What's your least favorite chore?  Do you and your SO split chores or do they fall more on one or the other? My least favorite is doing the dishes.  It's even worse that we don't have a dishwasher.  I do most of the regular cleaning because I work less than him, but he always takes out the trash and is on kitty litter duty.

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options

@rox825 Thanks for the check-in!  I’m sorry that you’re stressed about everything on your list. ((hugs)) for getting through Saturday.

@birch113 Congrats on passing the test! Woo hoo!

@stefani103 Aww, it’s so fun when our SO can feel movement and feel included.

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 

• Options

How far along are you? What fruit/veggie are you? 24 weeks - V DAY!!!!! Cantaloupe

How are you feeling?  Feeling pretty damn good lately. Still tired at night but have energy during the day for the most part so I will take it!

Favorite moment of the week? Had my 24 week appointment today and got to here his heartbeat on the doppler for the longest time this pregnancy. He is finally getting big enough that the cant hide. She says baby is definitely still measuring ahead of schedule. Also DH and my mom got the nursery painted this weekend.

Least favorite moment of the week?  Can't really think of anything bad right now.

How are your symptoms? Getting better? Worse? Any new ones?  Belly is getting bigger and bigger. Still have heartburn off and on and getting more energy during the day. Still go to bed fairly early. Its uncomfortable for me to sit for long periods of time which is making it hard with my desk work but I'm just getting up and stretching.

How is PGAL brain treating you? Any T&P requests?  Doing good with all his movement and hearing his heartbeat today.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones you're looking forward to?  Next appointment is next month for glucose test. Not really excited about that one.

What's your least favorite chore?  Do you and your SO split chores or do they fall more on one or the other? I would say folding laundry and cleaning the bathroom. DH does chores pretty much when I nag enough. He is really slacking lately.

Me- 27 w/PCOS     DH - 28
    TTC since December 2012 
    BFP 6/29/2013 - EDD 3/16/14 - MMC 9/5/2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS and taking metformin 750 mg  twice a day
    April 2014 -  - 1st ICI Cycle - BFP 5/15/14 EDD: 1/20/15
    A/S 8-22-14 - Its a BOY!!
    12/15 Checkup & heard his beautiful heartbeat
    ALL WELCOME -
    imageimage

• Options

@Birch113 and @rox825 I can do the check-in to tide us over if that would be helpful?  I'm only 3 weeks behind Rox so it will only give us a little extra time, but I'd definitely be willing to do it!

How far along are you? What fruit/veggie are you? 

32 weeks, squash

How are you feeling?  

Big, that is all

Favorite moment of the week?  

I started buying things for my hospital bag.  It was really exciting and very surreal.  I can't believe it's almost time to pack my bag.

Least favorite moment of the week? 

I came dangerously close to peeing my pants when I was coughing.

How are your symptoms? Getting better? Worse? Any new ones?  

RLP is back!  Also, my abs hurt.  The muscles at the top of my tummy just under my ribs keep bunching up and flexing (involuntarily) so I feel like I've done a lot of crunches working just the top bit.  On the flip side, I'm sporting a rock-hard 2-pack.  ;)  I wish those muscles would just give up trying to hold me all in!

How is PGAL brain treating you? Any T&P requests?  

Holding steady

Any upcoming appointments or milestones you're looking forward to? 

I have a growth u/s on Monday which I'm very excited about.  I also have my shower this weekend!  Yay, lots to look forward to this week!

What's your least favorite chore?  Do you and your SO split chores or do they fall more on one or the other?

I hate folding socks and putting away laundry.  I don't mine other folding or keeping stuff running through the laundry cycles, but putting it away blows.

Since I'm not working right now, just waiting for baby, I do the majority of the housework.  When I was working full-time the chores were split fairly evenly.  The chores will go back to a more even split after baby comes.

My fur-babies Chuck Norris, Stella, and Lucy
    imageimageimage

BFP #1 1/4/14; EDD 9/16/14;  mc 1/17/14 
    BFP #2 3/12/14; baby girl born 11/21/14          
  • Options
    rox825 – That’s so exciting that you are getting the nursery all decorated. I am hoping to get some ideas here soon. Right now I’m just trying to worry about having the essentials at home before we have to leave. Sending Big ((Hugs)) your way on your loss anniversary. Those dates suck.

Birch113 – Yay for passing your GTT!!! I’m nervous I am going to fail mine too. Sorry about your supervisor, that sucks!

stefani103 – So awesome your husband was able to feel the baby. Mine acts like a ninja normally and then as soon as I call him over he stops kicking. So exciting you get another ultrasound! I am hoping I can talk my provider into doing one at 30 weeks.

TTC since December 2012 
    ALL WELCOME -
    imageimage

• Options
    stefani103 That's exciting that your H was able to feel the baby moving!  

luciddreamer106 Your babymoon sounds awesome!  Sorry about the swelling, it adds so much to the discomfort level.

SamanthaLaura16 Congrats on V-day!  Re- the decorating, it really should've been at the end of my priority list since we still have so much else to do, essentials are much more important!  But it's a lot more fun than packing a hospital bag or calling pediatricians!

MrsTuna08 Thanks for volunteering, we'll see if anyone else volunteers in the next week or 2!  Also, this cracked me up!  Have a great time at your shower!!
    MrsTuna08 said:

I came dangerously close to peeing my pants when I was coughing.

• Options

How far along are you? What fruit/veggie are you?  

30 weeks!! cucumber?

How are you feeling?  

Mostly okay, just pretty pregnant.

Favorite moment of the week?  

It's taking me a depressingly long time to think of this one. And the truth is sort of bleak - the best moment was yesterday when I realized I didn't have an afternoon committee meeting after all. We meet the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month, but yesterday was the 5th Monday of September. I was giddy with getting that two hours back.

Least favorite moment of the week?  

DH had a rough week at work - he didn't win a proposal he worked really hard on, and he got some crummy feedback from some members on his team. I know how lousy he's feeling and I wish I could help.

How are your symptoms? Getting better? Worse? Any new ones?  

A couple of times I've seen spots in my vision and had to get blood pressure and other things checked by my OB. Everything has been fine and she doesn't know why I got those weird spots - they look like lots of tiny, dancing flies. Anyway, yesterday I thought I saw them again, but they actually were a bunch of flies. Phew!

How is PGAL brain treating you? Any T&P requests? 

Mostly doing well. I can't believe I'm at 30 weeks. That's so encouraging and wonderful!

Any upcoming appointments or milestones you're looking forward to? 

Regular check up tomorrow, and I want to get my flu shot. I know that's a weird thing to look forward to, but it makes me nervous not to have had it yet, so I know I'll feel better once that's done.

Last year, we hired a lovely woman who comes to clean our house. It was the best investment in our own sanity we've ever made! So I get to blissfully skip a lot of the chores I really hate, like toilet scrubbing.

Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Options
    @rox825 - I'm sorry your to do list and maternity leave prep is stressing you out. I think taking a day off soon is a very good idea!

@birch113 Congrats on passing - that's great! And sorry about the lame news from your boss and the foot cramps. Have you tried increasing your potassium? I heard that can help. Bananas and coconut water? Oh, and my husband has the same gene of not seeing messes - we say he's Clutterblind.

@stefani103 I understand about the name hesitation. I'm sorry it's too scary to use it right now.

@luciddreamer106 woohoo for Vday! and I'm glad you had a good trip. You were in my little neck of the woods :)

@samanthalaura16 Hooray for a newly painted nursery. What color did you go with? Good luck with your glucose test!

@mrstuna08 - Wow, getting ready to pack your hospital bag. That's awesome! And speaking of snissing, I have recently become terrified of sneezing while I teach. How terrible would that be?

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @rox825 About the to-do list pressure, I was just thinking of one thing that helped me - on my to-do list for baby, I have a spot at the top with a list of the all the stuff we've already gotten done. This somehow helps me breathe a little bit more about it!

• Options

How far along are you? What fruit/veggie are you?  29 weeks -- acorn squash

How are you feeling?  Big and sore. And a wee bit grumpy.

Favorite moment of the week?  We bought a fire pit last weekend so Saturday night, after a day out at another festival, we came home and cooked hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire. It was DS's first hot dog (he was previously boycotting them because of the name), and he loved it!  

Least favorite moment of the week?  Trying not to take out my exhaustion/frustration on my kid as much, but it's hard. I have no patience, and I hate feeling like I'm about to snap at him at any moment. 

How are your symptoms? Getting better? Worse? Any new ones? Eh, about the same.

How is PGAL brain treating you? Any T&P requests?  Doing fine.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones you're looking forward to?  Appt next week, but nothing major.

What's your least favorite chore?  Do you and your SO split chores or do they fall more on one or the other? Now the chores fall more on SO than on me, but when I'm not PG, they are more evenly split. I'm not a huge fan of putting away clothes, but I end up having to do that with mine and DS's most of the time. I can wash, dry, fold... but put them away? Ugh!

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Options
    @meagpt22 Baby watch is on!  Lol.  Feel free to whine, these last few weeks are tough!

@megbmeg I'm feeling the same way about my flu shot, my PCP doesn't have preservative free yet and it's making me so nervous that I'm not going to get it in time.  I'm going to call again at the beginning of next week and if they still don't have it I'm going to ask them to refer me somewhere.  I wish that my OB stocked it, you'd think they would.

@GrailSeeker14 Congrats on a great US!

@haleyusf I hear you on the grumpy, some days are worse than others but my fuse is definitely shorter these days!

• Options
    @megbmeg could the spots be floaters?  I have them and my eye doctor said it's totally harmless (even if it's a bit annoying sometimes).  What I have just looks like little bits dust sort of floating through my line of vision.  If you google 'floaters in eye' you can pull up a bunch of info.  FX that whatever it is you are seeing is no big deal!

My fur-babies Chuck Norris, Stella, and Lucy
    imageimageimage

BFP #1 1/4/14; EDD 9/16/14;  mc 1/17/14 
    BFP #2 3/12/14; baby girl born 11/21/14          
  • Options

@samanthalaura16 Yay for reaching V day!

@mrstuna08 Wow, you’re getting so close! Have fun at the baby shower!

@meagpt22 I’ll bet that felt great to get those things set-up and ready. I’m sorry that you’re feeling more sick though.

@megbmeg It’s great when you think you have a time commitment and end up getting that time free.

@grailseeker14 Congrats on the great u/s! I’m glad that PGAL brain has been fairly quiet.

@haleyusf How fun to get a fire pit! MH has been wanting one for a long time.

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 

• Options
    edited October 2014
    megbmegBirch113  - I was going for a grey blue and ended up picking a color called calming space. It is a little more light blue than I wanted but I like it. I figure the name was perfect!
    TTC since December 2012 
    ALL WELCOME -
    imageimage

• Options
    SamanthaLaura16 said:megbmegBirch113  - I was going for a grey blue and ended up picking a color called calming space. It is a little more light blue than I wanted but I like it. I figure the name was perfect! 
    Oh, I'm such a sucker for good paint names (same for nail polish). Our nursery paint is called "soft daffodil," but we also considered one called "yogurt." I just couldn't love the idea of painting the walls with yogurt ;)

• Options
    How far along are you? What fruit/veggie are you?  23 weeks, grapefruits

How are you feeling?  feeling good, mostly- some sleeplessness, but some good sleep nights, too. still stressed at work- stupid boss meanie!

Favorite moment of the week?  babies are moving around a lot.... feel them daily now :-)

Least favorite moment of the week? the cat pooped outside his box :-(

How are your symptoms? Getting better? Worse? Any new ones?  very slight occasional nausea,  carpal tunnel is worse then not so bad, heartburn comes and goes- but not terrible, swelling- i need more water some days (like today!)

How is PGAL brain treating you? Any T&P requests? I am feeling good, safe... (knock wood)-

Any upcoming appointments or milestones you're looking forward to? I get another ultra sound in 2 weeks (mid October) hopefully that is good, and I can get some fancy pix- also I hope I get fewer girl parts shots (seriously 5/9 pictures were baby vulva last time)

What's your least favorite chore?  Do you and your SO split chores or do they fall more on one or the other?  He gets the cat box (duh) and he does the laundry more often (he gets tired of piles sooner than I do :-) we both do dishwasher, I try to get it unloaded if he runs it- but it's not assigned. Grocery shopping is on me, except fill in items. And I change the sheets. I feel like he is willing to help with anything if I ask and am willing to wait long enough :-) Trash and recycling are his (he wont pay for trash service, so he hauls it to work and throws a bag in the dumpster about every 2 weeks) @Birch113‌ Thank you for agreeing to take over the check in! I want to hwlp, but cant even be counted on to post on Tues :-( so I dont think I am reliable enough...

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"