June 2015 Moms

Well, I guess it's real now.

I just got my BFP this morning so it really hasn't had time to sink in. I mean, I know I'm pregnant, I just really hadn't had the chance to think about it much today (2 kiddos, a full time job, and an insane puppy will do that to a girl...) Anywho - successfully got the kids fed, bathed, and in bed by 7. Requires celebration, right? I go to the fridge to pour myself a much deserved glass of wine (or 4) and it hits me. I. Can't. Have. Wine. Nooo! We didn't even get a proper goodbye! See you in 9, dear friend. 

So what was your "this is real" moment?? 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3

Re: Well, I guess it's real now.

• Congrats! My first "real" moment was going out the night after my BFP and having to order a seltzer with cranberry and a lime wedge in order to pretend I was having a vodka-cranberry!
    DH & me - 31. 

BFP #1 09/27/14 -- MMC 5w (discovered 8w) 
    IUI #1 - #4  - bfn (late 2015 to early 2016)
    01/03/17 - 12mm x 6mm polyp removed from uterus- neg path, yay!
    IUI #5 - February 2017. Hoping for some magic 
    02.22.17 - BFP! EDD 11/01/17

Baby G has arrived! 10/14/17
  • AngieL610 - haha! pretending to drink is basically just as bad as not drinking at all, am I right?? 

• Loading the player...
  • so bad! especially since I didn't realize I was on my third "drink"!
    DH & me - 31. 

BFP #1 09/27/14 -- MMC 5w (discovered 8w) 
    IUI #1 - #4  - bfn (late 2015 to early 2016)
    01/03/17 - 12mm x 6mm polyp removed from uterus- neg path, yay!
    IUI #5 - February 2017. Hoping for some magic 
    02.22.17 - BFP! EDD 11/01/17

Baby G has arrived! 10/14/17
  • Haha! I have felt like it was pretty real since I found out last week. However, last night at dinner with friends of ours, with our kids playing together and stressing me out(my 3 yr old son was being rambunctious and my friends son is 1 so I was afraid he was going to get hurt!), anyway my friend is weaning her son and says she feels like she should celebrate when she's successfully weaned. So I get all excited and say "Yay, we could go out for drinks, that'd be so fun!" All of the adults are now staring at me and my friend says, "um.. You can't..." It seriously took me about 30 seconds to figure out what she was talking about. Just a little embarrassing.
  • It still doesn't feel real to me. Hopefully soon, but too busy running after kiddos to feel it yet.
    Married September 2012
    Our Little Strawberry Girl Born 07.12.13
    Proud Stepmom to SS Age 6
    BFP 09.23.14 EDD 06.07.15
  • Hi! My name is Michele from Long Island. I am due June 2nd. Still hasn't hit me yet either. I do have slight cramping and am a little nervous about that. Has this happened to anyone else? Second pregnancy but had a miscarriage first one at like 5 weeks
  • My "real" moment came the morning after BFP when morning sickness hit. Granted, I had been feeling off for a few days but hadn't made the connection until my period tracker app pointed out I was 5 days late.
  • Congrats! I had a first "real" moment with the BFP, but I dont think it's really hit me. I almost wonder if it ever will. I tend to take a lot of things in stride.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • We went out for our anniversary on Monday and I had water... That's one of those special occasions where I'd normally be willing to pay for a glass of wine at a restaurant, so it was a sad day. But mostly a really happy one :)
    imageimage  
               J15 January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married 9.29.12
    TTC #1 8.2014 BFP #1 9.26.14 - Happy anniversary!
    Expecting our little Peanut 6.9.15
  • sparklegiraffe - totally!! I think I will still be somewhat in denial until I hear the heartbeat at my first OB appointment.

• I still haven't had my first "it's real" moment... but I think if I'm honest with myself, it's because I'm not letting myself feel like it's real yet. I have issues of personal and family history of high blood pressure, and BP meds, and I think my cardiologist's got me good and paranoid about the effects they might have in the coming weeks. LOL. 

Plus, I'm not having any symptoms besides wanting to sleep All. The. Time. I don't think it will feel real until I can see or feel something, and tell people about it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"