1st Trimester

Morning Sickness Meds Anyone?

Anyone know of anything I can safely take OTC that will help with this god awful morning sickness? I've been in bed all day long and can barely make it through a work day.

Re: Morning Sickness Meds Anyone?

• I took emetrol for a week before I went to see my doctor to get Zofran. Call your doctor and see what they recommend.  
    BabyGagaPitaPata Cat tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've heard b6 helps. My doctor has me on zofran... But I'm only taking it once a day on days that I'm working (I only work 3 days a week). But that was my preference. My doctor didn't really care if I decided to take it every day.

Me: 26   DH: 26
    Together since November 2006        Married September 5, 2011
    TTC #1 since August 2013           BFP on September 4, 2014
    Baby Girl due on May 11, 2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Diclegis worked really great for me
  • Zofran prescribed. Works wonders.
  • Don't suffer call your doctor they will give you something. I wouldn't have got out of bed without Diclegis 
  • I can't afford Zofran, and have only found one other thing that works for me.  I take about a tenth of a Phenergan (about 2 or 3 mg) if I absolutely have to take something.  For me, it works nearly as well as taking a whole 25 mg tablet.  Not to mention, I don't feel fatigued from it because less medication has the ability to pass the blood brain barrier.  And I feel less concerned with there being any effects relating to my pregnancy.  (I might add, that my pharmacist did say I could take half a tablet when needed.  I personally choose to take less.)
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I've never taken anything in my pregnancies, but this time I feel so sick I'm nonfunctional. My midwife suggested Diclegis and I took it last night. It made me so groggy! Does that continue?
  • I started taking Diclegis last night as suggested by my midwife. While my nausea symptoms have decreased, I am SO groggy and loopy!! Does this go away?
  • @lindsey85d‌ we asked almost the same question, right down to "my midwife suggested." I am feeling a little better but still pretty sick. I don't want to take zofran so I hope this just makes it tolerable. The grogginess seems better and it's only day two.
  • I took Zofran once a day for almost my entire pregnancy last time....it was the only thing that helped me unfortunately.
  • 1/2 unisom and 50 mg of B6 has made it tolerable for me. I have Zofran but only use it on really bad days. I've learned recently that having something to bury my nose into that smells good (like lavender) helps when it's smells that are setting off the nausea. I was groggy the first few times taking the Unisom but that wore off quickly and now it doesn't make me as tired. I still only take it at night though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"