May 2014 Moms

random thoughts.

Re: random thoughts.

• Oxyicodine is the best. That is all.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• bazingaa said:

MK1013 said:

I hate... HATE going to the dentist! Not because I'm afraid, but because it never fails that I always get some sort of bad news thanks to genetics. I've had 4 root canals (+ caps), a bridge to replace 4 teeth I've never had, and now looking to do implants because of a baby tooth that I still have that is now being absorbed by my body.

WTF? My bill is horrifying.

I hate it too. Probably why I haven't been in 6yrs.......

I got veneers 7 years ago- 20k worth of work free because it was for a reality tv show. Now I'm getting cavities Inbetween my natural tooth and the veneer causing the need for crowns. That is NOT free. I had 6 cavities last time. Uhg.
  • Loading the player...
  • MK1013 said:

Makes no difference even if you go 2x a year by the looks of it, ugh......

@KBowen715‌ you were on a reality TV show?!

It wasn't anything special at all- I promise. I'm pretty sure it aired at like 6 am on a medical program. Meh.
  • Emmagk said:

Trying to figure out straw vs sippy cup and it's all too overwhelming.

Straw was easier for us. DS1 never used a sippy.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Cook251 said:

kittyriot said:

DD is a funny little peanut. One of her going to sleep ticks...when she's put down sleepy but not fully asleep, she scratches at the sheets to help put herself to sleep. If she's nursing to sleep she does it on my breast (not fun) or on the nursing pillow.

Mine does the same! Or she scratches at the glider while she's falling asleep on my shoulder. That whole "drowsy but awake" thing, not happening yet.
    Lol DS does this too!
  • kittyriot said:

DD is a funny little peanut. One of her going to sleep ticks...when she's put down sleepy but not fully asleep, she scratches at the sheets to help put herself to sleep. If she's nursing to sleep she does it on my breast (not fun) or on the nursing pillow.

So glad to hear mine's not the only one who scratches the sheets! I thought it was a little creepy at first!
  • DD has taken to grabbing onto my nipple and digging her fingernails in really hard. Not cute, kiddo. Also, how can her nails still be so sharp when I *just* cut and filed them yesterday?
  • apinkpelicanapinkpelican member
    edited September 2014
    I just saw a new mom friend at a party. Her LO is about 8 weeks old. She was telling me that she has hired a nurse to come to the house this week for sleep training?! What?! @-)
    Eta: wrong smiley!
  • Every time this kids tries to eat now he shoves his thumb in his mouth. This is not working.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ns1 said:

@QOTR‌ DH learned how to put my pump together like a pro with the first baby...yet I have days where I do the same as tou.

Also...I just received a bill for $600 from one of my first prenatal appointments where they did all the blood work. A year later you hit me with this???!! Wtf??!

I just got a bill for testing done at 6 months wtf!
  • @Jennyinheaven‌ isn't that a pain!!? I hate my hospital's billing department. This is not the first time they've done something screwy!
  • This seems as good a place as any to put this.

LO did not go down until about 9:30. I decided it was too late to cook and I had to go get milk for DS1 anyway, so I told H I was going to go through Taco Bell/ KFC while I was out and did he want something. He said no, he would just eat the leftover stew he made yesterday. So I go out and come back and LO starts fussing again so I went upstairs to rock him for a bit. While I was doing that, H ate half my quesadilla. DEAD MAN WALKING y'all.

Ahh, hell naw!
  • This seems as good a place as any to put this. LO did not go down until about 9:30. I decided it was too late to cook and I had to go get milk for DS1 anyway, so I told H I was going to go through Taco Bell/ KFC while I was out and did he want something. He said no, he would just eat the leftover stew he made yesterday. So I go out and come back and LO starts fussing again so I went upstairs to rock him for a bit. While I was doing that, H ate half my quesadilla. DEAD MAN WALKING y'all.
    not cool. 

DH ate my entire apple fitter a couple weeks ago, i'd just put it down while i went updtairs to put DS down for a nap. 
  • @Cook251...yeah...3 year olds...they're interesting. And she has been an awesome sleeper since day one...until now!
  • ns1 said:
    DD (3 yo) has been waking at night now. We've tried a number of things. ..ignoring, explaining, reward system, etc. Now if we don't respond to her beck and call immediately she takes off her diaper and pees on the floor. What??!! Because a 4mo not sleeping isn't bad enough.
    I never want DD to turn 3. Ever. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

DD Born @ 40+4

• I'm sitting at my desk bumping and smoking my vaporizer no ones in the office... It's a good time! \:D/
  • I never understood why people choose the stall next to you when there's 10 others to choose from.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• athn64 said:
    @bazingaa It sucks that you have to pump in the restroom. And it sucks when people are super inconsiderate. Doesn't restroom ettiquette already include the don't take a stall right next to someone else unless you have to rule?
    Doesn't restroom etiquette also say that if you have to take a shit, find an empty bathroom, especially at work. WTF. Sorry @bazingaa

DD Born @ 40+4

• athn64 said:

@bazingaa It sucks that you have to pump in the restroom. And it sucks when people are super inconsiderate. Doesn't restroom ettiquette already include the don't take a stall right next to someone else unless you have to rule?

Doesn't restroom etiquette also say that if you have to take a shit, find an empty bathroom, especially at work. WTF. Sorry @bazingaa

Yes, pretty sure both of those are true. Thankfully I normally work out of house and don't have to deal with this crap (pun intended).
      BabyFruit Ticker image
    1. image
    2. OMG... I think you've all helped me find my Halloween costume!  I've now had Dance Magic Dance in my head all day.   Every time DD stomps her feet I say it looks like one of the pink goblins when they stomp their feet!
  • None of my pre-preg clothes fit right. I'm the same weight (don't hate me) but they're either too tight in some places or too baggy in others. And I have no money to buy new ones.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Scotty138 said:
    Poor DS has a cold. How long do these things last? Kid just needs some sleep.
    DS had a cold a while back and when I talked to our ped she said it could take a month for him to be completely over. Seems about right because he is back to acting completely normal but he's still a little stuffy. It really only bothered him for a week at most.
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I was gone for awhile and DH decided to do laundry, which is strange because I'm not seeing any pigs flying around.

Well, he sucks at it. He decided every load needed some bleach, not a specific amount, he just poured whatever he thought looked like a good amount into the washer.

Now all of his black shirts aren't black and all of his socks and undershirts have holes in them. Good job, DH.

Lol @yayglitter‌, sounds familiar. MH is awesome with most housework (and neater than I am) but laundry? Yikes. He decided to get the spit up stains out of the cloth diapers we use for burp cloths by soaking them in bleach...with a little water.

The result? Holes big enough to fit my hand through, in half the burp cloths. He's baffled as to how this happened, because he "didn't use that much bleach." Except somehow new gallon of bleach was nearly empty.
  • My child is screaming in his crib. Not screaming crying just thinks it's funny screaming and doesn't want to take a nap. We kind of taught him how to scream last week and I'm immediately regretting the decision. It's ear piercing in the monitor..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"