June 2013 Moms

Help my hair! UPDATE WITH PICS!

ConnieRobConnieRob member
edited October 2014 in June 2013 Moms
Ladies,
I am in serious need of a hair-intervention. I lost a ton (probably 1/3) of my hair during pregnancy and in the first year after birth. It's growing back now and is a disaster. Do I cut it? Is there something I can do to make it smoother? I wear it in a ponytail or bun everyday because I hate it being in my face. It's the longest it's been since I was a kid so short hair is more up my ally. I'm thinking maybe a long bob? That way I could pull the front area up to keep it out if my face. And maybe all these damn short tendrils won't be so noticeable? When I wear it down it isn't noticeable at all but Will is a hair puller and I hate my hair being around my face. Should I just suck it up and wear my hair down for awhile?
For reference:

In a ponytail.image

What happens after just a few minutes.

How long my hair is.

So I think I like it. It feels much healthier and smoother. I would have liked it a bit shorter in the back and maybe shaggier on the sides (but I chickened out and went safe) but it's a definite improvement. I died it a darker burgundy and I think I'm going to throw in some blonde highlights. I can still pin the front back to keep it out of my face. My stylist vetoed the side bang. Apparently I have a cowlick right in the front and she said it would never lay right. I need to play with it a bit more but I wanted to show y'all and say thanks for all the help!image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here comes Baby Rob #3
 BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

Re: Help my hair! UPDATE WITH PICS!

• Ohhh a side bang..I hadn't thought about that. I need all the camouflage I can get!

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Loading the player...
  • I love a lines! I have hair issues. I don't want it in my face and I hate wet hair touching the back of my neck. A lines work great for me because the front is long enough to tuck behind my ears! That's a great idea.

Here comes Baby Rob #3

• I think a really cute inverted Bob would look great!

I also hate my hair in my face, so I wear it up often. But I loved my inverted Bob when I had one.

Maybe try a hot oil treatment to help with the fly aways.

If you wear your hair up, get a hair band to keep fly aways at bay.

I also LOVE wearing my hair in a Dutch twist. It's so easy, only takes like 5 seconds to do, and looks like you've spent hours on your hair. I get compliments all the time on my hair when I do it.

I'll do it tomorrow and take a picture.

I tried to link a YouTube tutorial, but I'm mobile.

You can Google or search YouTube by typing in headband tuck tutorial.

• I lost a lot of hair around my face hairline and doing bangs helped. I also use biosilk to help for flyaways and it works. I've used it for years.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • majwv8 said:

I thought of you this morning. I don't wear ponytails,but to keep hair out of my face I do something like this most days. image

I love your hair! I could totally do that! Thanks!

Here comes Baby Rob #3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"