Cloth Diapering

Balms and such

So, I'm probably going to be one of those annoying infrequent posters who asks the same thing that everyone else asks but I really wanted some opinions from mom's who've cloth diapered for awhile.

I've read really good things about CJ's BuTTer and I'm thinking I will order some of that to try.  Do you recommend the original kind or something else?  Stick or tub?

What other cloth diaper safe balms do you swear by?  Is something better than CJ's?  
We are so excited to grow our family!
DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Balms and such

• Whatever you do do NOT get the squeeze tube, it sucks big time.  It's really difficult to get the lotion out of it.
    The tub and the stick are both good.
  • freezorburnfreezorburn member
    edited September 2014
    Tub.

If you want something in stick form, I recommend Grovia Magic
    Stick. It has beeswax in it, which makes for a slightly better moisture barrier than CJ's.

For really stubborn redness I like Grandma El's. Keep it thin, though. A little bit goes a Long way.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love CJs. I use it as a preventative and to treat anything that comes up and it works really well. I have the blueberry crumble scent right now and it is delightful! I have one of the squeeze tubes and so far it has come out easily enough, but I can see it being a problem when there isn't a lot left. You also only use a small amount, so I've had the same tube for about 6 months and I've used less than a quarter of it. 

But Grandma Els, Waxelene, and the Grovia stick are also used and loved by members of this board. 

• I just use plain old coconut oil. Though I recently mixed some candulla cream and a little tea tre oil in with it. I have to change things up every once in a while.
  • We use CJs. I suggest starting with the sample pack so you can try different scents then order a tub when you know what you like. If you decide to try CJs.

I've also used waxelene.

• Thanks for the suggestions!!  
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"