TTC After a Loss

Introduction

Hi Group,

I'm a newbie who has been periodically lurking since my first miscarriage right before labor day. I was 6.5 weeks along and started bleeding. I was given the "blighted ovum" explanation and given cytotec to move things along. I'm 31 and DH is 33.  It was a tough hit to take and I've been struggling with some depression since the loss but it has brought me and DH closer together in a type of intimacy that is profoundly different than we had before so I guess there's the silver lining. I've been avoiding bump message boards for a bit (not completely because I am an addict) to try to regain some aspects of my life that do not revolve solely around pregnancy or ttc.  I feel like the depression comes and goes in waves but is gradually getting better so I'm praying my initial super low-lows were grief compounded by hormone fluctuations. In any case, I am scared to get pregnant again. I have an undiagnosed autoimmune disorder (lupus-like but the doctor's can't perfectly get me in a box) and my blood tests recently confirmed I am neutrapenic. I struggle with knowing what to do since doctor's don't seem to have a lot of answers in this area and how autoimmune impacts pregnancy and early loss. This time around (god-willing) I'm going to a western ob/gyn (we'd previously selected a midwife birthing center) who will monitor the pregnancy more closely but other than that I feel pretty powerless over this whole situation and I fear that my future holds another loss. I don't want to manifest my own destiny here but it is difficult to be positive but manage your expectations at the same time.  I should probably stay off the internet and stop reading nih articles but how do you balance being informed with obsessing?

In any case, it's nice to have a group of women who understand how painful and consuming this is. Thank you ladies for being here.   

Re: Introduction

• cpedward said:

I should probably stay off the internet and stop reading nih articles but how do you balance being informed with obsessing?

I think this is a balance we all struggle with. I'm sorry for your loss, but I hope you'll find this to be a supportive place.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Welcome.  So sorry for your loss and the tidal wave of emotions.  That is totally normal (and the hormones definitely don't help).
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find the board helpful going forward! ((hugs))
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and I can so relate to so much of what you are feeling. ((Hugs))
    Married: 4/28/12
    BFP: 7/2/14 ;  1st US 7/21/14 Baby measuring 7w5d, HB of 138;  Discovered MMC 8/18/14 at 11w2d, baby measuring 8w5d, no hb ; 8/19/14 D&C

TTCAL December siggy challenge - Autocorrect Fails

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</My Chart

• So sorry for your loss. It's definitely a struggle of informing yourself/"googling" too much. Hope you find lots of comfort and support here.

***Siggy Warning - loss mentioned***

Pregnancy Ticker

*S15 Siggy January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance*

ME: 32   DH: 38

BFP#1 - 7/18/14; EDD 3/23/14; MMC 8/11/14 (passed naturally on 8/17/14)

BFP#2 - 12/29/14; EDD 9/10/15 *PLEASE BE OUR RAINBOW!*

• Sorry for your loss.  It's hard to not get obsessed - I know I've been prone to looking stuff up and it usually just causes more fear.  It is good to be informed so you can be in charge of your health and so you know what's going on with your body.  I don't know how to balance, because I've yet to be able to do it myself.  

Hope you figure out how to do it.  
    In the meantime, be sweet to yourself and take all the time you need before you start TTC again.  

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Welcome, and I'm so sorry for your loss. This is an amazing community of women (((hugs)))
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

• I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. ((hugs))
  • Welcome to the board. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Welcome and so sorry for you loss!
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes Google is not always a friend. I google things more than I should. After my loss, I googled a bunch of stuff and then had to stop. I don't let myself obsess anymore - I'm informed and reading the 50th article isn't going to help me. I hope your dr can help answer your questions. He/she will be most familiar with your situation. Welcome.
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Thanks ladies. It's great that you are all here and to have found a place to be open about this. I think people around me have expected me to move on faster than I have (although I try to act as if I've moved on) so it's nice to be able to be somewhere I can be honest. Something to be grateful for.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"