Baby Names

Two middle names

I don't have a first name but I also don't know if I'm having a girl or boy yet. But I was wondering what some of you thought about giving a little girl two middle names. My grandmothers name was Barbara Ann and I was thinking of maybe using both of them to honor her as she died almost 2 years ago. As a first name my first choice is Abigail. How do you think it sounds? Ann is not just her middle name it is also my other grandmas middle name and also my moms middle name.

Re: Two middle names

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2014

The flow isn't great, but if it has meaning to you, I think it's fine. 

I also like the suggestion of Abigail Ann.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe you could combine Barbara Ann into something like Breann?? Abigail Breann sounds okay to me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Yeah, that's a mouthful. Also not a fan of two middle names. It seems like Ann is the most encompassing name, it also flows the best with Abigail.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • I don't really understand two MNs, especially since choosing Barbara or Ann would be a lovely honor to your grandmother as is. I think it gets messy and ends up being more a hassle than anything. I think Abigail Ann is great. 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok thank you I knew it was a mouthful I was just curious. May go with Ann
  • I am in the minority but I love using two middle names.  It really is the norm outside of the US.  I've never had issues on paperwork or in any other similar setting.  It's perfectly simple to understand too, 1 middle name comes from my side of the family, the other comes from my husband's. We've also used middle names that had strong sentimental meaning to us but are not family names.

I think Abigail Barbara Ann sounds nice and is a lovely sentiment to your grandmother.  Go for it! :)

• I'm not a fan of two MNs. I'd say choos eone.

• LolaDair said:
    I don't at all understand how two MNs is complicated? Most of my children have two and its *never* been an issue at all, in 13 years and counting. If they can fill in two we use two, if not we use one and if its an initial we do the first name initial. So far, so good. 

Thank you!!  Can't believe a naming board is so rigid in this opinion.  It's unusual in the US I guess but how in the world is it so complicated or hard to understand?? 
  • I have no problem with two mns so long as they flow. The only time middle names get used (really) is when your kid is in trouble, so trying saying in your best stern Mommy-voice "FirstName Middle Middle get back here this instant!" or "Firstname Middle Middle we do NOT hit!" If it works, then you're set! 
  • I don't mind two middle names if it flows well. However, I can't hear Barbara Ann and not start singing the Beach Boys....
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• Too much. Not a fan of two middle names in general.
  • Just use one MN. Just Barbara
  • I gave myself two middle names when I got married (kept my maiden as a middle) and I don't mind it at all, but DH was given two middle names as a baby, and he has always hated it. So much that he refused to give our son two middles. So there's that.
    imageimage
  • I'm debating the two middle name thing if this baby turns out to be a girl. I've never thought it would be an issue.  The middle names would be Ruth and Rose for our two maternal grandmothers (we're Jewish and using family names as much as possible). I don't love either name enough to use it as a first name, but would like to get both in there if it works. That said, we still don't have a first name if it is a girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"