LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

Show us your 10 things. Ready, GO! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options

3. Only 8 more days until Beta. Prayin for dem babies!

5. I get to be Crazy Aunt to another little nugget! @MorenaJuliet has another on the way (and she's not telling people IRL yet, so this is the only place I get to brag for now). I haven't decided if having two little ones makes me twice as crazy of an aunt, or half as crazy because I have to split it both ways. I think I'd vote for twice as crazy, and her husband would pray for half as crazy. LOL Luv ya lady!

7. @MorenaJuliet 's clan also camps. Ohhh the wine by the campfire with my dear friend and the baby snuggles. It's enough to make my heart go pitter patter! Can't wait!!

9. I need a vacation. Yes, yes you do!

January Siggy Challenge

Praying for our May15 baby!          January 2014- Welcome Sweet Kimber!
    image     image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. We ran a 5K on Sunday and I am really proud of myself for 1) running the whole thing, and 2) completing it in under 30 minutes. A far cry from my personal record, but I enjoyed it so much. Even though the thought of weaning is bittersweet to me, I am looking forward to getting down to just morning and bedtime nursing so that I can have this much needed time to run. A couple of PIPs from the run:
    imageimage

2. I went to the doctor's yesterday to review the extensive lab work up she had done. I'm happy to say that I'm in excellent health! All my numbers are really great, so great that at I'm at negative risk for diabetes and heart disease - two preventable diseases that run rampant in my family. My vitamin levels were all in excellent ranges too, which I was really happy to hear since I haven't taken any prenatals since 3 or 4 months postpartum. My vegan diet is doing the trick! I feel like I just made an A on a test!

3. So, when I picked Ash up from DC last Thursday his teacher told me that he wouldn't keep his pants on when they put him in his crib to nap! Ha! He's never taken his pants off at home and they image if him taking them off seriously makes me giggle. Such a little dude!

4. Thankfully Ash only woke up once last night, but it was ridiculously hard to get him to sleep last night. He is usually very easy to put down, but he kept wanting to climb around even though I could tell he was seriously tired.

5. I'm really upset at our DC situation right now. His teacher, who we LOVE, has to quit. She's having some health problems and has to quit her job in order to receive insurance benefits. I dont know the details, but it sounds like she doesn't make enough money at the DC for it to make sense to purchase insurance through the DC, but she makes too much to purchase it outside of her employment. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's something like that and it makes me really sad. :(

6. On top of that, the director of the campus is leaving. We really like this director too. In the 7 months that we have been at this DC, he has had two main teachers and two directors. We're going on the third for both this month. I HATE the lack of continuity and am struggling with what to do. Thoughts?

7. I'm wearing jeans today! We have an annual fundraising campaign at work and one thing our department does is allow you to wear jeans for a dollar a day or $20 for all month. I was really pregnant this time last year and wore jeans every day - and continued to after the campaign ended because I didn't have any other pants that fit!

8. I hit up the Moms of Multiples (MOM) consignment sale on Saturday. It was ok. It was very clean and extremely organized. I bought one book (they didn't have many), a set of Mega Blocks, a pair of jeans and about 8 tops/sweaters/jackets for $36. I definitely had the most success in the clothes dept. I wasn't overly impressed, but I would go again.

9. Speaking of clothes, I think I have a problem. I want to buy Ash all the clothes. And I have a new found love for all the toddler boy clothes from Old Navy. So cool and cute.

10. I miss living so far away from my family. Thank goodness for FaceTime.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ATXmommas said:
    9. Speaking of clothes, I think I have a problem. I want to buy Ash all the clothes. And I have a new found love for all the toddler boy clothes from Old Navy. So cool and cute. 
    Tell me about it! We spent $100 at baby gap this weekend getting clothes for photos we are getting done in a couple of weeks. Way too many cute clothes. At the checkout J was shocked (because everything was 40% off) and was suddenly terrified of the clothing expenses when he is a teenager.

• Options

ATXmommas said:

Tell me about it! We spent $100 at baby gap this weekend getting clothes for photos we are getting done in a couple of weeks. Way too many cute clothes. At the checkout J was shocked (because everything was 40% off) and was suddenly terrified of the clothing expenses when he is a teenager.

------

I love Gap, but it is a little pricey. Worth the splurge for photos, though! I spent $150 at Old Navy and still want more... But, we got a lot. I don't think we spent more than $10 for any item. Such cute stuff.
  • Options
    1. Kaden thought maybe just maybe Owen was up for some light wrestling. Ummm - nope kiddo not yet. I rolled Kaden around a bit and picked him up and he giggled like crazy.

2. I really hope we get a sprinkling of BFPs in the coming weeks on this board. 

3. So we're in our new house - yippeeee. The move did not go as planned. I found movers on Craigslist and verified their reputation on yelp - they'd gotten good reviews.  Well they arrived Sunday morning with an extra mover and asked me to pay the price for 3 guys instead of 2. Then they said the move would cost double to three times the amount. We didn't even have a lot of stuff, and we had the garage organized for the load. It was obviously a scam and even a phone call with the manager didn't resolve anything. I think our originally moving company out-sourced but still. Anyway around 10am they just left with the truck. Leaving EV and I to find a Uhaul and set up the move. Luckily the Uhaul place with the biggest truck was 20 minutes from our end destination, and the woman at the counter said she rented her husband out ;-). They were super nice folks and he came with his cousin. I told him the job price plus gas that I wanted to pay and we ended up having a great and very fast move.  We weren't done until Sunday evening but it was still earlier and at least half of what the originally company would have charged.  I had to drive the truck - which always gives me a renewed respect for truck drivers. Everything didn't fit so we packed our minivan and car full yesterday and finished cleaning the house. There's one van load left that I hope to get later this week when I meet our landlord for the walk-through.

4. I have a friend and former co-worker coming over in a  little bit to help with the kids while I unpack.

5. My throat has been hurting since yesterday and I am hoping and praying I'm not getting sick.

6. It is going to take forever to unpack this house.   UGH.

7. I hear Kaden in the other room but I have no idea what he's up too. Oh wait - I think he's playing with his train in his room - phew!  Before I became a mom I didn't know I'd inherit super powers, like the ability to hear kid sounds and identify them at long distances, or the ability to decipher 25 types of crying.

8. My wife is amazing.

9. In the last couple of weeks I've felt less certain about whether we should try for 3 kids. EV and I decided there are positives and negatives to both sides, and we're tabling the discussion until Owen turns a year.  Part of me wishes I had years to think about this decision.

10. Ok the kiddos are getting fussy, Owen is in the stroller, and Kaden is rolling it around. He just "shushed" me so he could get Owen to sleep. Have a great Tuesday everyone.
  • Options
    ATXmommas said:
    ATXmommas said:
    ------ I love Gap, but it is a little pricey. Worth the splurge for photos, though! I spent $150 at Old Navy and still want more... But, we got a lot. I don't think we spent more than $10 for any item. Such cute stuff.
    Oh definitely. My mom just bought nearly his whole 6-9 month wardrobe, yay for grandma's. We love kid 2 kid, everything is so cheap and it great condition usually. We will have to check out Old Navy, last time we were there they didn't have any infant stuff hardly at all :(

• Options
    1. we are finding out the sex today (our Dr gave us the card yesterday for the reveal tonight)
    2. I can't focus on work because WE ARE FINDING OUT THE SEX TODAY

3-10. i dont want to drag this on... all i can think about today is that we are finding out the sex!! lol
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

ATXmommas said:

ATXmommas said:

------

I love Gap, but it is a little pricey. Worth the splurge for photos, though! I spent $150 at Old Navy and still want more... But, we got a lot. I don't think we spent more than $10 for any item. Such cute stuff.

Oh definitely. My mom just bought nearly his whole 6-9 month wardrobe, yay for grandma's. We love kid 2 kid, everything is so cheap and it great condition usually. We will have to check out Old Navy, last time we were there they didn't have any infant stuff hardly at all :(

-------

I don't have much luck in the store either. You can get free shipping if you spend $50 online. And, while we found a few cute items for Ash from ON when he was younger, I think the options are much better when you get to the 12 month range.
  • Options

1. We also love Old Navy and Baby Gap. My wife is currently totally obsessed with buying Will clothes. I thought maybe, just maybe it wouldn't be as bad with a boy. I was wrong. She also wants to buy all the clothes. ALL of them.

2. My work had a raffle yesterday, and I won an extra vacation day! I never win anything, and I was soooo excited to win this that you would think I just hit the Powerball!

3. I wish I did just hit the Powerball...

4. Sometimes I think about money compared to other people's situations and I start to panic... then I remind myself that we are doing just fine, and surviving on one income and will make it work long term, but just one step at a time. I know it will be fine. I hope I get a raise in December.

5. I am hoping for some BFPs around here soon too! Fingers crossed!

6. I have been really busy at work the last couple of days and have not had much time for Bumping. I feel like I always have lots I want to say, and I don't have time... then when I find 10 minutes to hop on and post, I can't remember anything that I have been wanting to say. This is not working for me. HAHA!

7. This coming Saturday is my wife's and my 10 year dating anniversary. 10 years feels like a big deal. We should do something. We don't currently have anything planned. I feel badly about that. We aren't really in a romantic phase of life right now. I worry that sounds bad - I hope you all know what I mean... although, I'm not sure I know what I mean.

8. Poor Will had a rough evening last night. I think it was 1000% teething related. He was very fussy and clingy and just couldn't settle down. At one point, he just wanted me to stand up with him... so we slow danced together in the living room for about 45 mins until he fell asleep. He still slept through the night last night, and I was worried he wouldn't. He was just miserable in the evening when he is usually playful and happy. I felt so badly for him. He has two little chompers that have poked all the way through the gum now. This kid thinks he is way older than he is, I am convinced!

9. I am obsessively thinking about moving and then TTC#2 next summer. I am also obsessively thinking about not being able to afford it. What was that about the Powerball?...

10. I am also still fat and having a hard time getting motivated to get un-fat. Yes, I am being mean to myself. It is what it is. Losing weight post-baby is way harder for me than losing weight pre-baby ever was. I am struggling.

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    redrockmamaredrockmama member
    edited September 2014
    Okay I'm going to start this and see if I can finish it while I pump :)

1. I just got an email to post two therapist jobs. We were already going to hire another, but a recent hire just put in her notice. blah. Our E.D. is leaving, this week is her last and our new E.D. started today. This makes me feel even more like I can't quit yet :( 

2. I'm curious to know the reason the other therapist is quitting. She's only been here since April and seemed happy here. 

3. Our nanny/friend that is watching M now texted and said she's never seen him as happy as today. Horray! That makes me feel like we are doing something right and that maybe all my dietary changes are paying off. 

4. I recently cut out raw tomatoes (worst time to do it because we have soooo many yummy tomatoes) most soy and am weaning back off of coffee. His reflux is still pretty bad, but as long as he is happier I will keep doing it and hopefully the reflux will stop.

5. I'm likely going to hang out with a friend and her baby tonight and J is working late again. My friend's husband is also working late. We were texting last night about how hard it is and how our partners don't really understand what it's like to take care of a baby all day long. It's nice to have an IRL friend I can talk to who gets it. 

6. I was putting stuff together for our new E.D. yesterday and it looks like I'm getting a raise. Or I could just be sleep deprived and forgot how to do math haha. I guess I should ask. Or just wait until my next paycheck.

7. I wish we could take a vacation. I need a serious break and I think J and I could use some time to reconnect. We are supposed to make a trip down to AZ this winter, but that seems so far away. 

8. Did I mention that I hate my dad's gf? I feel like he is changing so much for her. He and my stepmom used to make wine with the grapes they grew. She has convinced him to stop drinking and they made grape juice. It's so weird. I hate going to their house, I feel like I'm "cheating" on my stepmom. :(

9. I felt like I wasn't eating enough to sustain my milk supply so I started eating constantly, like seriously all day long. I seem to be getting a little more milk but now I just feel chubby. I shouldn't complain, I'm only 5 lbs over my pre pregnancy weight, I'm just tired of not having clothes that fit and I don't want to buy new ones. 

10. I'm looking forward to going on a hike with J and M this weekend. I need some nature time before it gets too cold. The leaves are going to beautiful for sure. J's mom and grandma are possibly coming to visit too, which will be fun. 

• Options
    @StacyLH24 - I will be totally stalking the board tomorrow all day waiting to see your update. I have everything humanly possible crossed for you and C. Come onnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    1. @trisholio I hear you on the hospital bills. I am lucky to have amazing health insurance, so I didn't actually have to pay any of this, but the Explanation of Benefits form from my insurance listed the price of my hospital stay as over $40k. I can't imagine how people pay for this stuff without good insurance.

2. @ATXMommas, I love baby/toddler boy clothes from Old Navy too! I was pleasantly surprised since I'm not a huge fan of their adult clothes. A lot of baby clothes are just a little too precious for my taste, and then a lot of the boy stuff is really sports-oriented which is also not my bag. ON is just sort of spunky and bright. And the prices are great...I don't care if they fall apart because at this point he only wears things a few times before they are too small anyway. My favorite baby/kid's clothes are probably miniBoden but I don't have that kind of budget!

3. @ATXMommas, @redrockmama and @KH826, so many people have told me "it's easier not to buy too many clothes when you have a boy" -- I can't imagine since I also want to buy B all the clothes! I did however start shopping at a kid's consignment store nearby in a wealthier neighborhood and if I hit it right I can indulge my love of high-end baby clothes without breaking the bank. Had to talk myself down from buying a Dwell Studio porcupine-print onesie the other day that he totally did not need...

4. Speaking of baby clothes, a friend just gave me a 3-piece tweed outfit (buttondown onesie, vest and pants, plus bowtie) from Janie & Jack for B. It is insane. She bought it because it reminded her of a Classics professor we had in college who always wore a bowtie. I hope it was on clearance because their stuff isn't cheap and I can't imagine where he is going to wear it -- but I will come up with something because he's going to look damn cute in it!

5. @mrs&mrsk, hope you update us on your news!

6. @TwoMomsinTX - wow, shomit...you may be right, I'm not sure a baby can dish out anything worse.

7. @StacyLH24 -- ugh, please be a BFP!!!

8. A funny thing happened yesterday. We got an email from CCB stating that there are a few sib vials available for our donor, who is otherwise sold out and retired. This also happened a little over a year ago and I really wanted to buy one, just one, just in case, but S was against it. I talked her into it but by the time I did, they were gone and I was really upset about it. I've been hoping more would turn up. We do have the 2 frosties but if we decide to TTC #2 and those frosties aren't viable, I'd want an extra vial of sperm just in case we wanted to do another IVF cycle (even though I've said over and over that I don't want to do ER again). Well, along came the opportunity, and...I was just like, no, I'm good. We're not buying. I wouldn't rule out trying to use those frosties at some point, but apparently I don't want another child enough to plunk down $700 for a just-in-case scenario. It surprised me. I think it says a lot about how happy I am with the kid I've already got.

9. OK, I'm just going to stop here.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    TwoMomsInTX It is not easy having the three girls, but most of the time I juggle so one of them is napping during the day, it makes my life so much easier that way!  The good part of that is I usually have two at a time, but bad part is someone is almost always sleeping so its hard to get out of the house much.
    As for the family issues, my mom is super defensive and sensitive and hard to talk to.  My sister seems to think that my mom is afraid to talk to me about her feelings because she will 'lose it'.  My mom doesn't talk things out very well, she ends up getting all pissed off and storms out.  I hate being the mature one most of the time.
    ball.and.chain I have no idea how people can afford to have babies either!  There is one claim right now processing for Adalyn that is almost 32k.  They told us the first day in the NICU that it costs 10k a day to have a baby in the NICU there.  At that point we knew we would have an outrageous bill, but they also offered programs that could help pay for her stay.  We are waiting on all the EOB first and then will submit them to be paid thru a special program.  Fingers crossed it is all/mostly covered.
    StacyLH24 I will have everything crossed for you tomorrow!!!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    1. Holy cow today was long! I started off with a meeting in Boston that took me over 2 hours to get to (I live in the suburbs about 10 miles away). 

2. A is already freaked out with how terrible the last day light savings was for M, so we are trying to start adjusting his schedule now. He is still up...yay! 

3. We are going to Long Island for the weekend, so all of the schedule adjusting is going to go to crap. But at least we are trying. 

4. I have to write two big papers and I am procrastinating big time! I am so close to being finished. I just want to phone in this last semester. 

5. I think my wife wants to be a prepper. She is making plans for a mega garden next year, and is trying to learn how to can. It is pretty adorable. I love her for it. 

6. I love Old Navy/Gap clothes. We got super lucky with TONS of hand-me downs and shower gifts, so when we actually buy stuff for M we usually splurge for Gap. There jammies are by far the best fitting for us. 

7. All of the parenting board talk about cars made me realize that we really need to get our act together and find a new-to-us car. We are both driving the first cars we bought ourselves, so they are both turning 10 this year. Thanks to my crazy Providence job last year, I will probably easily clear 200k miles on the Civic, and neither car can handle two car seats. We were thinking Subaru...but I will have to look into Kia now. 

8. M is an amazing kid. I am so proud of him every day. I really want him to have a sibling, but I was thinking today that it wouldn't be that terrible to not have to start from scratch. I don't know if I am just trying to rationalize to take the pressure off. 

9. I started rowing again. I took a break while I was TTC last month. I am setting a 30,000M goal for October. It should be pretty do-able, but having a goal will help motivate me. 

10. M just brought me his jammies...I guess it is time to wrap this up. 
    Same-sex couple- In love with my awesome wife, A, since 2007
    Our son M was born 6.2013 

M was conceived via IVF using donor sperm and my wife's eggs. My wife carried. 

Now I am starting my second FET with embryos from A's IVF cycle...this is our last shot.

ET 9/15- BFN

• Options
    Himee33Himee33 member
    edited October 2014
    @StacyLH24 Fingers still crossed!

1. I started work today at 5am. It is now 8:00pm and I am still at work. Probably won't leave till close to 10pm. Must stay awake!

2. Last weekend we went to the wedding of L's college roommate and it was boooooring! They didn't have a ceremony. Just a reception. L had to sit at the head table and I sat at a table by myself and ate dinner. L and I were both ready for bed at 9pm, but stayed till midnight. 

3. Speaking of weddings. This Sunday L and I are driving to Berrien Springs, Michigan to look at a wedding venue. We want an outside ceremony and the reception in a barn, but we just weren't finding anything we liked in Illinois. Since we got married in a courthouse for insurance purposes on September 24th, 2013, we decided to save money and have an actual wedding on the next time the 24th will be on a Saturday. So we plan on having it on September 24th, 2016. Gives us plenty of time to save and plan! Hidden Vineyard hasn't opened up their calendar for 2016, but most of their dates for 2015 are already booked, so we need to make sure we book it when they do. We plan on asking if we can do the deposit Sunday to hold it. 

4. As I was driving Lexi (6) and Devlin (4) to school today they asked why I had L's car. I told them it was because we are married and we share cars. Lexi said "You are married to a girl?That means you both can have babies!" It was cute. 

5. I love that I have freedom to do whatever I want with the kids I nanny for. I have a work car and a work credit card, so tonight we went to a sushi restaurant for dinner and had cupcakes for dessert!

6. L works Tuesday-Saturday 6am-2:30pm, but is working a temporary schedule for the month of October. She will work 2pm-11:30pm, but she has every Saturday, Sunday and Monday off. My new schedule is a bit funky and I'm already starting to not like it. I work Monday 1pm-10pm, Tuesday 7am-8pm, Wednesday 7am-8pm, Thursday 1pm-10pm and Friday 1pm-7pm, although most nights I won't stay till 10pm. I'm still guaranteed 50 hours. I wish it was a regular 8-5 job. I told L that Saturdays will now be our date nights, since Sundays are still our lazy football days.  

7. Just writing out that schedule makes me exhausted. I just don't know how much I will see L during the week. Takes me back to when she was working overnights and I was working days and we only saw each other on the weekends.

8. L's best friend Ashley is coming to our house for Halloween and we are supposed to go to the parade in boystown and the out to a bar. Ashley wants to dress up and I have NO desire to dress up. Plus I suck at thinking of costumes.    

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    Himee33Himee33 member
    edited October 2014
    9. My work computer just froze. Finishing this on my phone. 

10. Is it time to go home?! I have to be back at 7am tomorrow. Wahhhhhh

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    1. Ok, all 10 of my TTT could very well be variations of "please let @StacyLH24 get a BFP tomorrow!" Fingers soooo crossed for you, but if not, I'm so glad you have a plan and that C was enthusiastic about seeing Dr. KK!

2. I went to my favorite kids consignment shop on Sunday and got some great loot. I must say I've not ventured into a Gap or Old Navy (and perhaps that's for the best?). Sadly I'm addicted to a few pricey brands which luckily are re-sold at the shop I went to. I got 4 KickeePants outfits for around $10 each (vs. $40!).

3. S has way too many clothes. 95% of her wardrobe is hand-me-downs - while I'm super grateful for all of it, a lot of it just isn't my style or I don't really like. Or is *way* too complicated to get her in and out of... I have already purged once, and plan a second purge soon to just make things easier. My next-door-neighbor is due Oct 11th with a girl and I keep passing things on already and S isn't even 6 weeks yet! Quality over quantity going forward.

4. This is crazy but...I asked my egg donor via my clinic if she'd be willing to meet me and J...and she said YES. Now I'm nervous and excited. I don't have a specific agenda other than to just talk to her and she what she's like. It's so generous of her to be willing. She didn't want to meet or even see a picture of S, which I understand but (somehow) didn't expect. It'll be facilitated at the clinic and I will definitely report back!

5. @stacyLH24 - I totally get how you feel and I don't see it as negative, rather realistic. I felt exactly as you did and always maintained my cautious optimism even when those around me were...not being very cautious. I kinda wanted them to shut up because it got my hopes up a little too much for my comfort.

6. We got our invite for our PEPs group. We are the only lesbos, but it's 8 couples so I'm not surprised. I read a few of the brief intros we are supposed to write out loud to J and she is already worried these will not be "our people" - one was a minister (not that it necessarily means he's anti-gay, but it's worrisome) and another answered some things in a way that implies she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. I told her that we should just wait and see...most of my friends who've done it, loved it.

7. We booked our annual Maui trip for April. It'll be nice to have something to look forward to when I go back to work!

8. I'm still contemplating the Boston meet up in Nov., and then going to PA to see my dad whose health isn't great. J would prefer to bow out of the PA part - but I feel nervous about being with Simone alone for 4 or 5 days, and many planes and car rides alone. I asked my sister if she might be up for joining me for that part and she's thinking about it. That would help a lot!

9. My new dedication to a nightly pick-up of the house, doing all the laundry daily and running the dishwasher daily has really be great in helping me and J both feel a little more grounded and settled. It seems when the house feels chaotic, we start to get edgy, at which point no one is winning.

10. An old friend was in town today and brought lunch, her husband and their 6-month old. We took pics of the two girls together and she posted one to FB where her kid looks adorable and S looks like a sour puss. :(
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    herbunmyoven  where on long island? we live here.  so  many fun things to do! 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ps - it's a boy!!! 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @CrazyAunt84‌ - fingers crossed for your beta!

@Jazibel‌ - thanks for sharing your moving update! Makes me feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel for us...

@KH826‌ - congrats on 10 years!!! C and I are coming up on 5 and it feels like such a big deal!!!!

@TwoMomsInTX‌ - not super proud of this but our dogs are guilty of this as well...SO GROSS!!!

@StacyLH24‌ - thinking of you today

@2MamazInSeattle‌ - what is PEP?

Sorry for a TTT on Wednesday...it's insane over here!

1. We are anxiously awaiting our closing appointment for the house...I'm losing my patience.

2. Our friends threw us a tye-dye party for Hayden on Sunday...it was awesome...we feel so lucky!

3. Our niece brings us such joy...we love her so much!!!

4. We have an obligation every weekend for the next month...we have to keep powering through...I mostly just want to watch Netflix.

5. Last night we had an appointment with our doula and it was rescheduled...so I took C on a surprise movie date...we both really needed it!

6. I gave up dairy to start pumping and some days it's really hard!!!

7. Pumping is going awesome!!! I feeling really good about it...most days.

8. Sometimes my phone turns pumping into pimping...two very different things.

9. I LOVE fall so much!!!

10. Since we are moving we have like no good in our house and I feel like we are eating garbage all day every day...can't wait to be settled!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"