Working Moms
Options

Birthday Party Ideas - opinions?

So DD1 has changed her mind and has decided that she wants a birthday party.  So I'm scrambling a bit to plan something.  Here are my ideas - what's the best option, assuming availability, for ~15 or so 4-5 year olds?  All costs are comparable.

1.  Michaels Craft Store - private room with instructors where the kids can do 2 crafts, have pizza, and cake.
2. Local Bakery that looks like a real like Candyland.  Kids decorate huge cookies with frosting and candy, have pizza, help decorate the cake.  Take the cookies home and have some cake there.  We did her party there last year and it was a hit. But it's a TON of sugar.
3.  Local
science center – they bring out different animals - from lizards and snakes to bunnies and hamsters, kids touch and learn.  Pizza and cake.
4.  Local
Sportsplex.  Kids play some organized games - soccer, basketball based - with an instructor for an hour.  Pizza and cake.
Our house.  I found a cool magician, or ask our fabulous nanny to help with crafts.  Then cake. Shying away from this as my cleaning lady is going out on a medical leave for about 6-8 weeks, and I'll be super stressed about the condition of the house for the parents.

What do you think?  I'm having a terrible time deciding... and DD want ALL OF IT, so no help there.

Thanks!

Re: Birthday Party Ideas - opinions?

• Options
    My vote is 1 or 3 because those seem like the easiest and less chaotic options.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    Thank you all! I'm very excited. My first choice was a gymnastics facility, and the called me with a cancellation! So the kids get to play on all of the stuff with instructors, I bring in snacks/cake, and it's 1/2 the price of any other option!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think 1 is awesome for this age and same 3 and 4 for a little later.

Er. never mind - see the update. Good! :)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did parties at home for all 3 of my kids this summer and don't think I will ever do it again.  It's a lot of prep and cleanup for 2 hours.  Next year, I will be looking at doing parties at a location.  My DD4 just got invited to a gymnastics party and is super excited about it.  Have fun!
  • Options
    I would say 3. I would be worried kids might get bored with 1.  If I was a parents I would be annoyed with 2 (plus, having to worry about multiple children's food issues), and 4 would make me nervous for the potential of injury.  I think 5 would be just to darn stressfull (especially if you cleaning lady is off).  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In general, I book whatever is closest and within the range of interest for the birthday child.  I don't enjoy driving to parties that are 30 minutes away in between sports, so I try not to make other people do it, either.  Convenience is the number one criterion for us after accounting for the child's preferences.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"