January 2015 Moms
Options

Tuesday RAWV

Was going to start a thread just to whine, but thought this would be more fun.....

So, random, AWs, vents, anyone??

Re: Tuesday RAWV

• Options
    We're having friends over for a cookout tonight, and I just want to finish all my work so I can go home and actually get there before the guests!

Also a little whine - something is wrong with our washing machine, and it takes like twice as long to wash clothes as it should. Idk if it's worth getting someone to check it out or just deal with it.
  • Options
    Random: I just ate a piece of toast with pumpkin butter, and it was delicious!

AW: I finally have a vision of what I want Baby Girl's bedroom to look like, so we bought paint last night, and I'm excited to get started!

Vent: I've been feeling so crappy the past few days, and I hate it. My hips have been achy, my ribs hurt from everything being squished inside, and I haven't been sleeping well. Waaaaaah, I just can't get comfortable! I thought all of the third tri yuckiness would start slowly, but I swear it all just started full blast three days ago. Blah.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Random: I bought a presnack kit that had granny smith apples, carmel and almonds in it. Best snack ever.

AW: We got so much done this weekend. Closed our pool. stained the deck, finished painting my son's room, cleaned the house, cleaned outside, and I got to experiment in the kitchen and make a Pinterest meal. I felt so accomplished!

Vent: I am really confused with my doctor right now. I know it is because I didn't ask enough questions, which makes me a bit mad at myself too. My ultrasound I had at 21 weeks measured really big, and I am continuing to measure big (like in the 80th percentile?) and so now I have to have a follow-up ultrasound to check growth (doctor's words). I really trust my doctor (this is my 2nd pregnancy with him and he's never ordered me anything special and is really forward but nice), but since I just said OK to the ultrasound and thought of all my questions once I left, I'd really like to know why it matters that I am measuring big. Oh well, it is next week so I'll find out then I suppose.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Random:  I was able to shoot pool last night despite the bump and was even decent at it.  I managed to win a few games and a game of darts =)

AW: My mom is the most generous person.  She's already bought 99% of the baby stuff we have (and we have pretty much every big ticket item and even a ton of the small items as well.)  But yesterday I sent her a picture of some adorable Broncos onsies and she went ahead and bought those for me, THEN she took my husband and I out to dinner (and picked up the tab for both of us AND my husband's friend who joined us) and gave me $1,000 for additional maternity and baby items.  Then she told my husband that she wants him and me to go on more dates and have more 'us' time before the baby comes, so she wants to give us $100 every month for date nights.  Now, I work very hard at two jobs, despite major injuries and being pregnant, to make sure every bill we have gets paid on time and there's always food on the table, so she knows that we don't need any of the money.  She's just so giving and expects nothing in return.  I love her to death.  

Vent: I work in an admin position at a real estate office and let me tell you this... real estate agents are the laziest, dumbest, most annoying people on the planet.  They seriously leave their dirty dishes piled up in the sink which is 12 inches away from the freaking dishwasher.  They try to push all their work off on me when they're perfectly capable of doing it themselves.  And seriously, if you don't know how to attach a file to an e-mail, you have no business working in such a tech heavy field.  I cannot wait to leave this place.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Random: I accepted an order for some bride/groom cookies that are due on Friday. I have been procrastinating, but finally last night I got started on them. It's such an easy design I almost feel guilty charging this girl for them. But I will enjoy the little bit of extra $.

AW: I had an appointment for an echocardiogram last Friday. The tech was a new dad, and he offered to "take a peek" at the baby after we got all the heart images that he needed. So, I got a bonus peek at our little girl. It was fun. She was rubbing her face with her fists. Very cute. Also, we finally have (nearly) finished DS's new bedroom! And while I'm horrible at interior design, it actually looks pretty awesome for a 3yo boy, IMHO.

Vent: We have sort of narrowed our list down to three potential names. Unfortunately, they each have problems (or maybe they're only Bump problems):

1.) A "nickname" as a given name. (Evey Claire)
    2.) A boy's name for a girl. (Elliot Torrey)
    3.) A name (NOT a made up name, an actual name) that is very common in other countries, but is very likely to be mispelled/mispronounced in the states. (Cerys MNundecided, we did like Cerys Aurelia, until my BFF mentioned that it sounded like a "mermaid's name." Sigh.)

I can't figure out which is the least of these evils. It seems like the name opinions on TB are swaying me a little, and I feel guilty about that.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Options
    Vent: day 2 home on unpaid leave with stomach bug. Feel a little less like death today, so may be able to drag my ass in to work this afternoon.

AW: I spoke with a newborn photog today and am really excited about our session in January. Also I call DD (16 months) my monkey girl, here's an example of why
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A van covered in dents and scrapes just passed me, driving like a maniac. Gotta report that shit.
  • Options
    Random:  I have a craving for Chinese food.

AW:  2 more days and I'll be at V-Day!

Vent:  There's a box in my car that I need to return to overstock but it's been rainy yucky out and I don't want to go out to UPS :(
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @peggels24 - OK, I clearly missed an important post somewhere along the line because this is the second mention of "V-day" and I have no idea what this means. Can you enlighten me?
  • Options
    @peggels24 - OK, I clearly missed an important post somewhere along the line because this is the second mention of "V-day" and I have no idea what this means. Can you enlighten me?
    @aerotigergirl V-Day is "Viability Day" - it's still early but it's the day that medical professionals feel the baby is able to survive outside of the womb (in extreme circumstances)
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Vent: We have sort of narrowed our list down to three potential names. Unfortunately, they each have problems (or maybe they're only Bump problems):

1.) A "nickname" as a given name. (Evey Claire)
    2.) A boy's name for a girl. (Elliot Torrey)
    3.) A name (NOT a made up name, an actual name) that is very common in other countries, but is very likely to be mispelled/mispronounced in the states. (Cerys MNundecided, we did like Cerys Aurelia, until my BFF mentioned that it sounded like a "mermaid's name." Sigh.)

I can't figure out which is the least of these evils. It seems like the name opinions on TB are swaying me a little, and I feel guilty about that.
    We're using a "boy" name for a girl...so no judgement here! I say if you love it, do it. Elliot for a little girl is cute, IMO. You can always shorten it to Elli or something more "feminine" for a nickname.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    peggels24 said:
    @aerotigergirl V-Day is "Viability Day" - it's still early but it's the day that medical professionals feel the baby is able to survive outside of the womb (in extreme circumstances)
    Ahhhh! Thank you for this explanation. 
  • Options
    AHemm1986AHemm1986 member
    edited September 2014
    Random : Preggo brain is in major effect today. I forgot my log-in to my work computer and it took me about 5 minutes to figure out that it's my name, not one of the 500 passwords I was trying (I log in every morning, btw). Then, I'm helping my bro and future sis in law plan their wedding. They're getting married in Milwaukee, WI, but I spent all morning researching weddings in Minneapolis, MN. At least I was in the right part of the country?? Oy. 

AW : I've got nothing this week. 

Vent : When we tell people we're not sharing the name until she's born and then they proceed to try to guess. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but it's not like if you guess correct I'll tell you. Also people who tell me I don't look pregnant. Umm...I sure feel it! Everyone carries different. 

EDIT: grammar
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    honeybeee3honeybeee3 member
    edited September 2014
    Random: The Pumpkin Bread Mix from Trader Joe's is the shizzit.

AW: I just got a really nice glider chair from a friend of my mom and it is so much better/prettier/comfier than the one we already have. I'm so happy!! \:D/

Vent: DS is teething and these last few days have been terrible. He's so grumpy and clingy and won't sleep for very long. I feel so bad for him. I can't wait for it to be over. ***if anyone has any tips on teething, I'd love to hear 'em!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Random: The Pumpkin Bread Mix from Trader Joe's is the shizzit. AW: I just got a really nice glider chair from a friend of my mom and it is so much better/prettier/comfier than the one we already have. I'm so happy!! \:D/ Vent: DS is teething and these last few days have been terrible. He's so grumpy and clingy and won't sleep for very long. I feel so bad for him. I can't wait for it to be over. ***if anyone has any tips on teething, I'd love to hear 'em!
    Lucky! We bought a glider before DS was born, and it hasn't held up well at all. H already had a glider that he and his roommate bought off craigslist when he was in college, but I hated it, so we never used it in our nursery and just kept it in our guest room. Now my mom has sent my (recently deceased) grandma's glider to our house. I don't like it either, partly because it's ugly and partly because it doesn't rock very smoothly, but I feel like I have to keep it because it was my grandma's and I don't want to hurt my mom's feelings. But I'd love to buy a new glider. One of those club chair looking ones that look like they would actually be comfortable. FWP, I know.
  • Options
    I am really wanting something sweet - hopefully hot chocolate will work!
  • Options
    @honeybeee3‌, for teething, we did those mesh feeder things with frozen fruit when DS was small or those frozen plastic baby keys. If it got really bad at night, we did Tylenol. Now I let him chew on those plastic ice cube things you can buy at Bed Bath & Beyond or a toothbrush (DS is 22 months). My SIL said those teething tablets work for my niece, but I've never tried that.
  • Options
    Maebb said:

@honeybeee3‌, for teething, we did those mesh feeder things with frozen fruit when DS was small or those frozen plastic baby keys. If it got really bad at night, we did Tylenol. Now I let him chew on those plastic ice cube things you can buy at Bed Bath & Beyond or a toothbrush (DS is 22 months). My SIL said those teething tablets work for my niece, but I've never tried that.

---------------------------
    We just bought some of the mesh feeder things, he likes them and they seem to be helping a bit. I don't have any freezer teething toys so I will get some and see if that helps. I've been giving him Sophie to chew on but he loses interest in her pretty quickly, so hopefully he will like the frozen toys better.

We also use tylenol but only when it gets really bad since I really don't like giving it to him. Maybe we will give those teething tablets a try??

Thank you for the advice! :)

• Options
    Random--  Food Lion closest to my house has bottled raspberry tea...  I foresee going over the grocery budget a little bit this coming month...

AW--  I had enough energy to take DD to Picnic in the Park today (hosted by a local radio station and in conjunction with the farmer's market in town-- they have crafts and face painting and live music and a bounce house thing all for free-- minus if you want to buy lunch or produce) and not have to cut her time there short because I was too hot or getting sunburned or too exhausted.

Vent-- My OB's office for some reason doesn't do the Rhogam shot in office.  They use the lab of the hospital they deliver at.  Well, DH didn't like my OB the first time around and I told him as long as he was driving to all of my appts, I didn't really care where we went.  Well, the OB we ended up at is (for where we live now) about 2 hours away...  None of the other labs closer that I've called offer the shot, so it's looking like I'm either going to have to bully him into taking another day off just so I can go get a shot or I'm going to have to sit through a blood panel, shot, and the waiting period after to make sure I don't react with my 2.5 year old after a 2 hr drive and before another 2 hr drive.  Wheeeeeee.........
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @aerotigergirl-- When I see "Cerys,"  I think it's pronounced with a hard "c" sound?  Maybe?  I haven't seen it before.  Where is it from?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Lanatir - That's exactly right. It's Welsh (it's a top 100 name there) and it's traditionally spelled Carys or Cerys. It's pronounced like CARE-iss. But SOOOO many people have tried to pronounce it sort of like... series? I prefer the Cerys spelling, mainly because I knew a guy in high school with the name Cary, so Carys looks like it's incorrectly talking about a possession of Cary (Cary's drum, missing the apostrophe, for example). 

@saiven - Isn't that the cutest thing you've seen today? I had an actual out-loud "awwwww" moment when I came across that one. :)
  • Options
    honeybeee3honeybeee3 member
    edited September 2014

AW: I just got a really nice glider chair from a friend of my mom and it is so much better/prettier/comfier than the one we already have. I'm so happy!! \:D/

Vent: DS is teething and these last few days have been terrible. He's so grumpy and clingy and won't sleep for very long. I feel so bad for him. I can't wait for it to be over. ***if anyone has any tips on teething, I'd love to hear 'em!

Lucky! We bought a glider before DS was born, and it hasn't held up well at all. H already had a glider that he and his roommate bought off craigslist when he was in college, but I hated it, so we never used it in our nursery and just kept it in our guest room. Now my mom has sent my (recently deceased) grandma's glider to our house. I don't like it either, partly because it's ugly and partly because it doesn't rock very smoothly, but I feel like I have to keep it because it was my grandma's and I don't want to hurt my mom's feelings. But I'd love to buy a new glider. One of those club chair looking ones that look like they would actually be comfortable. FWP, I know.
    --------quote fail--------
    Yes we got lucky! Both glider have worked fine and our old glider actually wasn't too bad, I just like the new one more.

I know the feeling of not wanting to get rid of something because it belonged to a family member. We were given an OLD, rickety wooden rocking chair that belonged to my stepmom's mother, who recently passed away. It's so ugly and uncomfortable but I feel like I can't get rid of it. I seriously don't know what to do with it now that we have two gliders? I think I might just shove it in a closet! :)

• Options

Have you tried the banana toothbrush?
    Not yet, but I just ordered one on Amazon a few days ago. I've heard good things about it and so I'm really hoping it helps!

• Options

@honeybeee3‌ the only tip for teething I have is Motrin. Lots of Motrin. Teething sucks.

Yes, it really does suck. Do you know if Motrin works better than Tylenol for teething pain?

• Options
    nah82nah82 member
    edited October 2014
    Random: My MIL revealed to us over dinner last night that she is planning on retiring next year, woohoo!

AW: There was a beautiful light purple baby blanket at TJMaxx when I went 2 weeks ago.  I don't know why I didn't buy it (I guess because I figured we already have 1000 baby blankets, but baby girl should have at least one pretty girly one in the midst of all the blue hand-me-down ones), it was only $8.  Couldn't stop thinking about it since, so when we were back in the town the store is in last night, I ran in to buy it.  And it had been marked down to $6 clearance, score!!

Vents: My mom made a big deal about having a campsite reserved at a campground about an hour away that is having a kids Halloween party this weekend and to bring the boys for the party.  My sister was planning on coming home with her little guy to go too.  I've been stressing about costumes for them to wear and ordered an orange maternity shirt to make a pumpkin face on for me to wear.  Today she decided to cancel their reservations because it's supposed to be in the 50s instead of in the 70s like it has been.  (It normally snows here on trick or treat night and kids end up wearing winter coats over costumes, so 50 degrees = NBD and a great temp to sit around a campfire.)  Weekend plans, shot.  Stressing about costumes way before it was necessary, useless.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"