February 2015 Moms

21 weeks and no leakage?

Hello iv heard and read by this state we are meant to be leaking abit from our nipples. Mine definately aren't- anyone else?

Re: 21 weeks and no leakage?

• AnotherSunAnotherSun member
    edited September 2014
    I think leakage is a possibility, not a definite. I have never leaked prior to giving birth. And in case you're worrying about supply, both my kids were exclusively breastfed with no supply problems.
  • Loading the player...
  • No leaking here either. My Mayo clinic book says that it is common to experience leaking  by the end of the 2nd trimester. Nothing to worry about yet.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • animalcrckranimalcrckr member
    edited September 2014
    I have never leaked colostrum during pregnancy or breast milk at any point.  I actually have an unopened box of nursing pads from 2008!  Now that I think about it, I have been nursing either a baby or toddler since 2008 with the exception of a 7 month break in 2010 and still currently bfing DD. 

In the past 6 years, I've never leaked anything.  Nothing during let down from the other side or even at night while sleeping.  The absence of leaking has not been indicative of low milk supply for me.  I've actually battled oversupply issues in the beginning with each baby.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It's not a definite sweetie... And why wish leaky boobs is beyond me. I didn't leak with DD and pray that I don't this time either. I'd rather skip that inconvenience.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No and I don't really want them. lol. I am 21 weeks and haven't felt my babies move either. Pregnancy is different for everyone!
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I thought this was about pee. I definitely have pee leaking issues - thanks, DD. Boobs are fine.
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I haven't yet during this pregnancy, but I started experiencing it around 20 weeks while pregnant with DD1.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Echoing PPs, is normal and can happen doesn't mean it will. No leakage with DS and my leakage thus far hasn't been noticeable to anyone but me.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I never leaked even one drop with DS the entire pregnancy. Hoping that happens again - who really WANTS to leak? There will be enough of that happening once milk comes in.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have never leaked colostrum during pregnancy or breast milk at any point.  I actually have an unopened box of nursing pads from 2008!  Now that I think about it, I have been nursing either a baby or toddler since 2008 with the exception of a 7 month break in 2010 and still currently bfing DD. 

In the past 6 years, I've never leaked anything.  Nothing during let down from the other side or even at night while sleeping.  The absence of leaking has not been indicative of low milk supply for me.  I've actually battled oversupply issues in the beginning with each baby.   

This 100%. Don't borrow trouble, OP.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • I never leaked in pregnancy with DS, milk came in 2 days postpartum and I breast fed for 16 months with no supply issues.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• jmcgra06 said:
    I thought this was about pee. I definitely have pee leaking issues - thanks, DD. Boobs are fine.
    I thought it was going to be about the dreaded "D" word...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• ( @jaztastic‌ is that you?)
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Leaking is NOT fun. Be happy you are not leaking.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• yes, it basically really isn't cool.  Its not something I was expecting but have experienced it a couple of times. I don't like it, honestly.  I would prefer for my boobs to just be sexy (and dry!) for a few more months and not milk dispensers until my lo arrives but apparently I'm one of the "lucky ones", lol.

I'm confident almost nothing in pregnancy is garaunteed to happen to everyone. We are all totally different. This board has taught me that.

• No leaking here either and I am thankful.

cls78 - I have not felt my LO move yet either. I am getting impatient. I hope I start feeling something soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • With my first two pregnancies I started leaking slightly when pressure or squeezing was applied, around 26-30 weeks and had leaking problems during the short time I bf. Haven't had any leaking yet with this one.
    Me = 34  DH = 37  DD = 15  DS = 13  Married since 6/21/13 
     Third pregnancy for me, first child for DH. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't stress. The longer you can go without it happening- the better. It sucks! lol

Married to Lee since 9/2/2000

Momma to Hais November 2002 and Carter April 2010 (with use of fertility treatments)

Cancer Survivor

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe it's another Drive By Fruity!!
  • I have no parts in this... 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"