January 2015 Moms

::sniffle::

My niece is here to stay with us for the next 4-6 weeks while my sister trains for a new job. So we got her all set for school, and I took her in this morning for her first day. She did great up until then, she didn't even cry for her Mom when she left yesterday. But when it was time for me to leave her in her classroom she gave me a panicked look and welled up in tears and told me she missed her Mommy. Thanks to hormones I broke down crying too. A nice teacher helped us to get going, which made me cry even more because she got her to try to smile bravely even though she was still in tears. I know she'll be fine, everyone was super nice, and a couple of kids were already coming forward to say hi and make friends. But now I haven't been able to stop crying. I am definitely not looking forward to this when it's my baby's turn. I don't know how you Mom's of 2+ kids do it over and over!

Re: ::sniffle::

• NatureLoversNatureLovers member
    edited September 2014

That first day is the worst! Hang in there, the day will be over before you know it and you'll have her back home with you. What grade is she in?

She's in 1st grade. It doesn't help that she's teeny tiny for her age, it just made her look even younger compared to the other kids. My SIL sent us some clothes that her 4 yr old outgrew. My niece is nearly 7 and they fit her. She's tiny!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everybody. I dried my tears, for now. :) I'm sure she's calmed down too.
  • aw, what a great auntie!  you'll be a great mom too.  first days are way more rough on the parents than the kids i think.  i started DS in preschool last january, a couple months before his 4th birthday, because he needs a little extra help with some motor delays.  oh, the tears.  he was excited and happy to be there, but he didn't want me to leave.  i felt guilty all morning before going to pick him up again, and then the teacher said that as soon as i was gone he calmed right down and jumped into the activities like nothing had ever happened.  i think it's always worse on the moms.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Aww she is so adorable! My daughter is in grade 1 this year too. Grade 1 is pretty universally great, of all the grades, so hopefully she ends up loving it as much as mine does. Much easier once you make a friend, which usually happens pretty quick at that age.
  • we'll definitely have to arrange play dates. I just picked her up. She was all smiles, and said she made new friends and had fun. Whew! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • I would probably cry too. I'm afraid of the day when I will have to take my LO's to school for the first time. Although, I'm sure it will be harder for me than it will be for them!

Anyways, she is a lucky girl to have an auntie like you and I hope she has a great first day :)

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• She is freaking adorable. I'm glad she had a good first day. I have a very close relationship with my first niece, who is now 8 years old. She is EVERYTHING to me. When we moved away, I wrote her a very special letter telling her all the things I love about her and how much I'll miss her. My sister told me she hung it on the wall next to her bed. I'm crying just thinking about it. I miss her like crazy.

Auntie/niece relationships are very special. Hug her extra tight and give her lots of love and affection until her momma gets back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"