May 2015 Moms

Worst Pain of My Life!!!

Hi All,

I'm a little over 6 weeks pregnant and today I had the worst cramping I've ever experienced! I had a constant cramp on the left side of my abdomen that caused me to double over in pain I tried to leave work and drive home and I couldn't even drive my car, it was seriously the worst pain I've ever felt! Needless to say I thought for sure I was miscarrying or having an ectopic pregnancy my first prenatal appt is scheduled for tmrw. I was taken to the ER and had 2 ultrasounds done and found out my little baby was just fine it was in my uterus and not in my tube and it had a strong heartbeat of 117 bpm...phew! #:-S the doctor couldn't really tell me what was causing such intense pain but he said it could've been a gas bubble caught in my abdomen. Has anyone ever had such strong pain from gas?? I'm so thankful my baby is okay but I hope I don't feel the pain I felt today until it's time for delivery lol. Do you all think this is something that could be reoccurring? Any advice on keeping the gas away?

Thanks Ladies :x

Re: Worst Pain of My Life!!!

• dang. I have no idea, but thank goodness you and little one are ok. I usually lay down flat when I have gas cramps and adjust side to side to let the bubbles hopefully get out of me faster. they also end up being less painful that way, at least for me. good luck :)

Our rescued fur babies, Harley and Maya

Pregnancy%20ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 1/23/14, EDD 10/1/14, M/C 2/13/14 - Forever loved <3
  • Thanks ladies that's great advice and thank you both for the well wishes! I'll definitely try those things...anything to keep the gas away lol @kaspencer‌ @Smilz4782‌
  • Loading the player...
  • So scary! I'm glad you and the little one are OK. I would ask your OB if a corpus luteum cyst (totally normal) could cause such pain (see here under presentation: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_luteum_cyst ). I have had some mild but sharp pains on my left side (which I know to be the side from which I ovulated) and the corpus luteum is my best guess; however yours sounds like it was quite severe, hence my suggestion to ask an OB.
  • Thanks @marijaa333‌ it was definitely scary! The doctor told me they did find a small cyst on my right side but nothing on my left which is where all the pain was...weird. I'll certainly stay on top of it though and make sure nothing else is lingering in there.
  • Thank you @katnhiding‌ I'm definitely glad were both okay! :)
  • Glad you and the little one are okay! It does sound like gas or digestion pain. Your whole digestive system is going through a lot of changes so it would make sense you may be experiencing some pain from that as it adjusts to a new way of "processing." I've had some gut pain almost exactly like what you described and if you've never experienced it before it's shockingly painful.

@kaspencer‌ said it right, lie flat and move gently to ease the bubbles (don't fold over) also carbonated beverages with meals may help get bubbles out the other way if you know what I mean, lol.
    GBCB - Gone to the Dark Side
  • Glad everything is ok!!
  • Ask to have your gallbladder looked at. Mine started giving me issues in my first pregnancy & at 10 weeks postpartum, I had to have it out.
    Mr + Mrs: 09/06/2009 
    Daddy + Mommy: #1: 07/02/2011 EDD#2: 05/22/2015
    baby development
  • Glad everything is ok.

I have had some really bad gas before that caused horrible pain, so it can happen. When your pregnant the progesterone slows your bowels down so that gas can get trapped because things aren't moving as quickly. As PP have said walk, drink lots of fluids and high fiber.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Dude, gas bubbles are no joke. Sometimes when I get them, I have to be horizontal because it's the only comfortable position.

Glad everything is ok!

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• Hi, great to hear you're baby is okay!
    Hope this isn't tmi but before pregnancy I have DEFINITELY had gas problems where, yes, you double over it hurts so bad.
    In fact, it's pretty embarrassing because you can be out in public and then all of a sudden cant move an inch because its like a severe shooting pain through your abdomen /rectum.
    Sorry for your pain and I hope it's only gas! Try Gas-x!
  • Glad you guys are okay!
    I've had bad gas pain too. The other day it felt it had worked its way near my back I sort of tried to work it down until I could get it out. Laying flat also really helps me as PP have said.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"