LGBT Parenting
Options

Amelia Marie

First off, I just wanted to thank each and every one of you for your continued support. It has really meant a lot to read everyone's posts. 

I just wanted to jump on here to give a quick update on how our precious little one was doing.

She is in a great hospital with level 3 NICU. She has some great doctors and nurses taking care of her. 

Her last week has been pretty uneventful, aside from her early entrance into this world. She should be getting her feeding tube put in today and they will start giving her very little colostrum at first to see how her tummy reacts to it. 

Today she will get a brain scan to see if there is a bleed. This scan happens at day 7 and one month of life. They have said that if there was a bad bleed, that she would have some other symptoms. So we are hopeful that all is ok. We should get her results in about 24 hours. 

The NICU does something called Touch Time where the parents can come in and have more hands on interaction. We get to change her diaper, feed her a tiny bit of colostrum on a qtip, weigh her, etc. We cherish those times as they only happen every 4 hours, although we are allowed to be with her 24/7. Today there was an exception at our Noon touch time, we weren't allowed to go because another baby in the NICU was having a procedure done and they don't want parents around. 

Around day 10 she will have her IV removed from her belly button and we can start doing skin to skin. I cannot wait for this day to be here already!

One thing that still shocks me....I am a mother...my daughter is one week old today. My wife and I couldn't be happier!

She may have come early but she is really strong. All the nurses and doctors say how feisty she is. 

We are taking it one day at a time, but are anxious to have her home. They say if she meets all her milestones that she could be home before Thanksgiving. My wife and I would be VERY THANKFUL mommas!

Re: Amelia Marie

• Options
    Thank you for taking the time to update us.  Your family has been in my thoughts frequently.  Stay feisty little Amelia!

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    Your family will remain in my thoughts! You, your wife and little Amelia are all so strong! Sending you tons and tons of support. Please let us know if you need anything at all. I know this community would love to be there for you and your family in any way that you need. Hugs to all!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's really good news! Glad to hear she's doing so well and it sounds like she's in some really good hands!
  • Options
    What a strong little girl she is already proving to be! She obviously gets it from her moms. :) Eagerly awaiting day 10 so that you can hold your precious little one. Thank you for the update. I'm so glad things are well. Keep us updated when you can.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great news!  Sending loads of positivity your way! 
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    Thanks for the update!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    It's so good to hear you guys are doing well. Best wishes that everything continues to remain uneventful.
  • Options
    I hope all went well with the scan, day 10 is just around the corner.  Keep us posted and take care!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"