April 2014 Moms

Accidental Tummy Time Help

CalinAZCalinAZ member
edited September 2014 in April 2014 Moms
So, LO just figured out how to roll from his back to his stomach. The problem is, he keeps doing it when he's trying to fall asleep. If he was happy there, that would be one thing, but all he knows to do when he is on his tummy is push up on his arms into tummy time. So, that's what he does. Every. Time. And, since he's in the pack n play, there isn't really enough room for him to roll onto his back the way he does it.  So, he starts screaming within 20 seconds because he doesn't want to do tummy time, he wants to sleep. Anyone else deal with this? Did your LO eventually grow to like sleeping on their tummy or stop rolling?

He's rolled about 8 times since we've tried to put him down. Poor little boy!
TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

Re: Accidental Tummy Time Help

• It takes about a week. I rolled her if she got too upset, or patted her back to help her calm down. She sleeps on her tummy most of the time now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It took DD just a few nights to adjust to this at night and now she prefers sleeping on her tummy. If she was having a really hard time one night I would rock her until she was completely out and then put her down. Then she would not roll over for a while.

Unfortunately naps are a different story for us. She still wakes up as soon as she rolls over during a nap and then looks around smiling like it's party time. I have resorted to napping her in her RNP again which I swore I would not do but I was desperate. She will nap in there for 1.5 hours.

• For us, we pat her butt and sing the same song--twinklex2-- so she knows she needs to put her head down and sleep. This really works and she puts her head down. Otherwise, we let her push-up/tummy time until she gets really fussy.
  • My LO loves to roll over onto her stomach and does so almost immediately when I put her in the crib.  I usually roll her back to her back and put the pacifier in, talk soothingly, and she usually rolls to her side and falls asleep.  More often than not, I find her asleep on her stomach anyway, so eventually she will fall asleep that way. 
  • It took logan 3 days and he was ok with sleeping on his stomach or side after that.  It was a long/rough 3 days but you get through it :)  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the PP on this. comfort and sing or rub LO back until he puts his head down Eventually they get used to it and no longer pop up for a midnight tummy time sesh :)
  • Thanks for all the advice! LO is sleeping on his tummy, as we speak, so it took 3 nights for him to calm down with his tummy time :)

Of course, anxious mommy is constantly checking that he's still breathing on the monitor!
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"