Trying to Get Pregnant

MIL- Genuine advice or just general bitchiness?

My MIL scolded me the other day for taking baths saying if I didn't take them it would help me get pregnant.
I always thought that was for the guys?
Is her point valid?
Me: 33
DH: 30
TTC #2 Since April 2017
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: MIL- Genuine advice or just general bitchiness?

• Bee1112Bee1112 member
    edited September 2014
    Uhhhh no.

I don't really know. But I'm thinking she is wrong.

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • DovahFel said:
    100% no.  And unless you asked her, even broaching the subject seems weird and uncalled for.

That's just her nature. And right after she said that she nagged DH about his gray hairs.
    Yay me.
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Budders12 said:
    No, you're good. I never take baths, but it's just because I know how gross my tub is.
    I take one about 3-4 times a week. no joke.
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• ElizabethcvElizabethcv member
    edited September 2014

My MIL scolded me the other day for taking baths saying if I didn't take them it would help me get pregnant.

I always thought that was for the guys?
    Is her point valid?

Exactly....tell her you have no balls and not to stress. :)
    nettje said:

Nope. Just affects the swimmers.

• I hate quote boxes....they are in the wrong order ....sorry !
  • DovahFel said:
    Ok guys. I am glad that it's not true because.....I already have the bath filled and ready to go. Baths are my escape. A good book and a bath? HEAVEN.
    YES!!!

I'm a bath-a-holic as well. Also, REALLY a bummer about a naggy MIL.  My husband got that in my mother.  I got an angel.  I remember one day I was having a rough time and I finally broke down and asked her for help.  She was "fertile myrtle" in the family.  When I asked her what I was doing wrong she said, exactly: "You are so smart, and I know you know way more than I do about this.  I know you and I know you are doing what is best, but I can certainly pray for you."

That was the golden response for me.  Lots of hugging after that.
    She sounds fantastic. Honestly it's hard because my fiancé previously (who passed in 2010) has a fantastic mother who I was really close to. I grew up without a mother since the age of 3 so I have never experienced naggy women in my life. So, this provided a bit of a shock value to me.
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• OP, I wanted to let you know that you've inspired me to take a bath tonight.

ME: 33  H: 32
    TTC Since 6/2013   Early Loss: 9/2013   MFI Diagnosis: 12/2014

imageimage

• Nobody comes between me and my bath time. Especially not my crazy MIL who hasn't been pregnant in 25 years and who was on BC, cigarettes and god knows what else at the time.
     Anniversary

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!image
  • OP, I wanted to let you know that you've inspired me to take a bath tonight.
    Yes! yes! Baths for all :) Bathing is always a good choice  :P
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Kind of/sort of on topic (sorry to thread-jack): DH and I are going to a hotel next month for a delayed anniversary get away and it looks like it will be during my fertile window possibly.  Does he have to stay out of the hot tub completely?  Or can he get in after sex?
    Chart Stalk Me! - TTC #1 since 9/2014
    Oh, and PSSST: BJ = Blackjack, get your mind out of the gutter! ;-)
  • Budders12 said:
    No, you're good. I never take baths, but it's just because I know how gross my tub is.
    I take one about 3-4 times a week. no joke.
    Lucky!!!  Our new tub is so deep that we run out of hot water before it is totally full. I've had one bath in it and the water didn't even come to my chest...sigh.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers 

• Bubble baths for life! I take one almost every night. A bath with a book and wine is heaven. I will only stop once I'm KTFU.
  • She sounds fantastic. Honestly it's hard because my fiancé previously (who passed in 2010) has a fantastic mother who I was really close to. I grew up without a mother since the age of 3 so I have never experienced naggy women in my life. So, this provided a bit of a shock value to me.
    I'm so sorry...for both of your losses there.

And your MIL sounds like mine. Words come out judgey instead of inquisitive. It's ok to ask "Why did you do that?" but not "WHY did you do THAT?" you know? My MIL has been nagging us to have kids for 7 years...I'm glad we don't talk much because I might start crying the next time she asks. I just try to breathe and realize it's on her not me.
    And FWIW not all women are like that, you just got one of them. You're certainly not alone!
    That's Kristine with a K...because I'm special.
     Married 7/7/2007
    Fur kid Sassafrass
    TTC 5/2014
    Cycle 1 - 80 days ended with progesterone, mini period, then full 13 days later
    7/2014 Blood work: No E of P, but high FSH (POF due to Celiac?)
    9/2014 - DH SA normal, Me: CD 21 blood work: no progesterone, FSH still elevated
    10/2014 RE Appointment for next steps
  • She sounds fantastic. Honestly it's hard because my fiancé previously (who passed in 2010) has a fantastic mother who I was really close to. I grew up without a mother since the age of 3 so I have never experienced naggy women in my life. So, this provided a bit of a shock value to me.
    I'm so sorry...for both of your losses there.

And your MIL sounds like mine. Words come out judgey instead of inquisitive. It's ok to ask "Why did you do that?" but not "WHY did you do THAT?" you know? My MIL has been nagging us to have kids for 7 years...I'm glad we don't talk much because I might start crying the next time she asks. I just try to breathe and realize it's on her not me.
    And FWIW not all women are like that, you just got one of them. You're certainly not alone!
    Thanks. I am actually still VERY close with my late fiance's mother. In fact, she loves my husband very much and we celebrate holidays together quite often. In fact, we are going over for dinner on friday to her place. 
    My husband sometimes says "I am sorry my mom is not as cool as ____'s mom." LOL And this is not in a mean way... 

my life is weird. 
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• I would take the bath and just nod politely. My MIL was told last week that we are TTC. She was sweetly unreactive. I think she is afraid of putting any pressure on us at all, so when DH brought it up she just gave a few cute anecdotes of DH as a baby and insisted we would have the cutest babies ever. 
    My friend who JUST started TTC is sending me links about cleaning products and thinks my lysol wipe addiction is why I'm not pregnant yet. That one I found a little weird. 
    really? lysol wipes? Where are people getting this?
    TTC #2 Since April 2017

• Let me just say: MILs kind of suck. Just today mine was asking me when I was going to get pregnant because she "already has two grandsons, she needs a granddaughter!"
    With that said, like some other users have  said they can cause yeast infections. I tend to avoid baths because of that, but I've never worried it was gonna keep me from getting pg. 
    Me: 24 
    DH:25
    TTC for over a year with PCOS. We'll see what happens. 
    November 3 2014-finally going to see an RE!

Favorite villain: Alex from A Clockwork Orange
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"