3rd Trimester

Would you call the doc?

So long story short I am currently 32 weeks pregnant(FTM) and at 30 weeks I was experiencing some crampy contractions (only at night and for a couple of weeks before I finally mentioned it to my OB), went to L&D the night it was particularly bad, and found out I was 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I was given the fetal fibronectin test, which was positive, received steroid shots to aid in lung maturity, and placed on 5 days of bed rest. After the 5 days I was rechecked by my OB and there was no change. I was allowed to return to work.

Everything has been back to normal. I've had braxton hicks but no cramping or anything until Friday night. The last two nights I have woken up due to low menstrual-like cramps and lower back cramps. I am a little concerned as this is what landed me in L&D before, but also unsure if I should call the on-call doctor unless it progresses to something more. I don't want to look like I'm over reacting!

Would you call or go to L&D and get checked anyway? Or wait to see if the contractions/cramping progress in some way?

Pregnancy TickerDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Would you call the doc?

• Thanks all. I just had one of the on call docs make me feel stupid last time all this was going on so I'm a bit apprehensive.

• Loading the player...
  • Go to L&D that is what they are there for and if something is wrong (God forbid) at least they can catch it early.
  • That on-call doctor was an idiot for trying to make you feel bad for calling. You're paying them to keep you and your LO healthy and safe, they can't do that if you don't call when something weird happens and preterm labor is nothing to play around with. Call and they will probably want you to go in to get checked since you're already at risk. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • emmyg65 said:
    If you're concerned, call the doc and see what they say. That's what they're there for!
    This.  You should always, ALWAYS call if you feel any concern.  I guarantee you they will not be annoyed.  Better safe than sorry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I did end up going in. I am still 1cm but now 90% effaced at 33 weeks...continuing to have random bouts of cramping/contractions but no modifications outside of pelvic rest :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"