January 2015 Moms

Vibrating sensation in uterus

So I am just wondering if anyone else is feeling a vibrating feeling on your uterus. I started feeling really fast twitches or vibration on my left side on and off for the past few days. It almost feels like a phone vibrating on my inside. It only lasts a minute or so and it never has moved into the middle or onto my right side. I can't find anything online for the reason it happens.

Re: Vibrating sensation in uterus

• It feels different than baby moving or like hiccups because it isn't rhythmic. It feels lik it goes along the edge of my uterus. It is weird lol, hard to explain.
  • Yes. I have it. It may become more frequent as you get closer to your due date. It's normal. It's Def. Baby moving.
    I've had it every single pregnancy, this is my 4th.

• Loading the player...
  • It's normal, and has to do with the baby's immature nervous system. I remember someone in a previous BMB worrying about her baby having seizures en utero ( I realized that I was feeling the same feeling!), and we both asked our doctors. Verdict: normal, and simply the same as the startle reflex that babies have after birth (it gets less and less) until and after birth.
  • Wow! I have the same thing and thought I was crazy. I kept thinking my phone was ringing and it wasn't. I finally had to fess up and tell DH that I felt like I swallowed a cell phone. It's a very very strange feeling! I don't feel it all the time- maybe every few days. It makes me laugh.
  • Before he started actually kicking, this was definately how it felt like when he was moving. Totally normal, don't worry! :D
  • I have experienced it, too. Usually on my right side and down low. I imagined it was a baby shiver, not that she would actually be cold...but feels like she has a quick all over body shiver. I tend to get them from time to time when someone passes behind me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Jan 15 December Siggy: Christmas Fail!
  • Thanks so much for all the answers. It is nice to know I am not crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"