January 2015 Moms
Options

Natural birth/hynobirthing help

I posted this on the Natural birth board too, but it's been kind of dead over there lately.

I'm planning a natural birth this time around (DD1 was with an epi) and I'm the type of person who likes to get as much info as possible, so I know I have an arsenal of options at my disposal. I really wanted to take Hypnobirthing classes (LOVED the book), but I can't find one in my area that's less than $200 and we're really pinching pennies here. With that in mind, what are some book/video/CD/whatever-you-think-would-help suggestions? It doesn't have to be hypnobirthing. Preferably methods that don't require a lot of interaction from DH (he's supportive and wants to do what he can, but he's also a medical student and has very limited free time). Thank you!

Re: Natural birth/hynobirthing help

• Options
    I am taking Bradley classes, which are really big on natural childbirth. They tend to be really pricey classes, too, though, so what I would recommend is getting a copy of Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way. It describes the process of labor really well and gives you all sorts of methods of dealing with pain in labor and preparing your body to give birth. It's big on involving the partner in labor itself (instead of them being asleep in the chair in your room or something!), and this is one of the reasons that we opted to take the class. The book itself is a great resource, though! Be aware that there are lots of pictures of women giving birth, which totally shocked me back in February when I was just thinking about when we were going to start trying for a kid. 

• Options
    You can find the hypnobirthing meditations and rainbow relaxation on YouTube. I loved them and they helped me immensely.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"