Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How often for alcoholic drink

I know it's ok to have a glass of wine while nursing as long as you have it 2 hrs before they need to eat again. But just out of curiosity how many times a week will you have one drink?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How often for alcoholic drink

• Maybe once a week if that. Idk but for some reason, alcohol isn't appealing to me at the moment. Something must be wrong with me. But when I do drink, a glass of wine or a beer is what I have and same timeframe as you for BFing.
  • I've been having a small glass of wine 4-5 nights per week. I don't worry about nursing after; I can barely feel it and the amount that gets into the milk is really small anyway. I think the rule is if you feel good enough to drive then you're good to nurse.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Loading the player...
  • Most evenings I'll have a glass of wine or a beer.  Think of it this way: the alcohol content on most wines is somewhere between 8 and 12%.  A single drink will raise your blood alchol to maybe 0.05%, which is how much alcohol is in your breastmilk.  Fruit juice has 0.1%.  So as long as you're only having one drink, your breastmilk still has less alcohol than naturally occurs in juice, even if you nurse LO immediately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"