Third-Party Reproduction

Super quick intro...

Greetings,
I'm 38 years old and DH is 40 and we just learned he has azoospermia.  We are going to do IVF w/ donor sperm.  I'm super overwhelmed at the prospect of trying to pick out donor sperm.  Would love to hear from anyone that's been through the process and has any words of wisdom.  I need to do this quickly because we're going to try for this cycle.  I'm going to start on Lupron on 10/10. 
I'm so glad to be here. 
Sending baby dust to everyone!
Stephanie

Re: Super quick intro...

• Welcome! I am a SMBC (single mother by choice) but I am using donor sperm. My biggest piece of advice is not to rush the decision (not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure). Talk to your husband about what qualities you both want. Some banks offer a program where they can match characteristics to your husband. Don't feel obligated to stay with one bank. I started at California Cryo but ended up with Cryo international out of New York. After you find your donor my advice is to purchase several vials. It is a "crazy experience" but worth the journey.
    Welcome to the group and we are all in your corner!
    Baby Dust!
    - Carrie
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck to you :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• HI, welcome & best of luck!

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welcome!
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"