Tuesday Spam

Re: Tuesday Spam

• krendel said:

kefttsc said:

Oem617 said:

Paleomama said:

CatLadyTX said:

kkleigh10 said:

Quick question about car seats: for those with a singleton pregnancy, are you registering for one car seat or two? My husband thinks it will be a pain in the ass to haul one car seat from car to car. Is it ridiculous to register for two just because we're lazy, or is that normal?

1 seat, 2 bases. Not only is it easier to deal with, but it also lessens the chance of forgetting that you have the baby in the car because whoever has the baby has the seat.

Do they sale the bases separate? I have never thought of doing that.

@paleomama Yes, they do! And most BRU/BBB stores will let you try car seats in your car before you buy.

Roughly $30 for a base.

Damn that's not bad. The base for the Britax B Safe infant seat we have is $70.

The base for the Chicco Keyfit 30 is $85!  And we have to have TWO extras.  EEEEEKKK!!!!!

Ugh same here. We already have the car seat and one base, but we need a stroller and and extra base so its cheaper to just buy the travel system!

You can always install the seat with a seat belt too. Bases aren't required. Just make sure whoever puts it in knows how to do it properly.

I think I am going to buy an extra base this time. Last time we just bought a car seat for each car. I never thought about just buying the base. Thanks for the tip guys!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • GUYSSSSSSS, baby looked perfect, measuring two days ahead! All measurements were quick and easy! And we are TEAM PINK!!!!! Zomg zomg so surreal. Wow........woo!
    YAY, congrats for a wonderful A/S

and welcome to Team Pink!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • krendel said:
    Does anyone else not understand the point of getting a baby bedding set? I figure I'm not going to use the comforter often, I don't plan to use bumpers, and the sheets will probably get changed/pooped on so much that it wont even matter. The only thing I think I'd really use is the skirt. I'm just confused.
    clearly not the only one!

I haven't looked at sets at all because I find them to be a waste.  I had no comment for the opinion on the sets earlier because the sheets both looked basically the same so in my mind it wasn't any different lol.  

on a similar note for those that have sewn a skirt did you find a pattern somewhere?  I haven't looked at all and I know it would be incredibly easy I am just thinking for sizing and yardage because I am not good at that stuff on my own yet.  
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • @lizjennings81 I am having a girl.  DC girls unite! 
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I've got a town hall with the consul here on island and there will be a question and answer session.  I have printed out all but the passport application for the consular report of birth abroad packet so that I can potentially get questions answered about this thing.  

After that, it's Oktoberfest round 2!
    Feb. 2015: Holiday Decoration Fails
  • aggiebug said:
    krendel said:
    Does anyone else not understand the point of getting a baby bedding set? I figure I'm not going to use the comforter often, I don't plan to use bumpers, and the sheets will probably get changed/pooped on so much that it wont even matter. The only thing I think I'd really use is the skirt. I'm just confused.

I haven't looked at sets at all because I find them to be a waste.  I had no comment for the opinion on the sets earlier because the sheets both looked basically the same so in my mind it wasn't any different lol.  

on a similar note for those that have sewn a skirt did you find a pattern somewhere?  I haven't looked at all and I know it would be incredibly easy I am just thinking for sizing and yardage because I am not good at that stuff on my own yet.  

Depends on the crib you get. Ours is odd, and really only needed something for one side. It wouldn't even fit a pre-made skirt. The friend who made it, just took one panel of fabric and sewed the the bottom and top. We then used velcro to attach it on inside you can't see it.

Warning... once you move the matress down, the skirt is then too long. She sewed it again to make it shorter. Will have to have her make another one when we decide what we are doing with the new baby's room.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• aggiebug said:
    krendel said:

@aggiebug - I used a pattern I purchased of Amazon. I'll see if I can find it. It was super easy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BabyFruit Ticker
  • krendel said:

Yes. This is why I just bought crib sheets and a changing pad cover and a bed skirt all separate at pbk. ;)
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • I was given a brand new bedding set by a lady who got a bunch at her shower and never used any. I figure if its free- ill take it but I wont buy my own
  • aggiebug said:

@lizjennings81 I am having a girl.  DC girls unite! 

How funny! 2 girls here and in DC area too!

• Alygohome said:
    I was given a brand new bedding set by a lady who got a bunch at her shower and never used any. I figure if its free- ill take it but I wont buy my own

I will take anything I might use for free. That's very nice of her.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• @paleomama just now seeing your question... At Swap.com and thredup.com

They're both online consignment shops, you can sell or buy gently used kids and women's clothing. Love them!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

• I also made changing pad covers using this tutorial if anyone is interested in that:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy to read all the good news from A/S appts today. Uggghhh mine is still a week away!

Heard back from the job I applied for and I have an interview on Thursday. It's a video interview, so no need to deal with the bump yet. 

Thank you to whomever brought up Lucie's List - I know that site has been mentioned a lot but today was the first time I took time to look at it, and it's sooo helpful.
  • @thegoodpotato - Hope you get good results back. Those techs are GREAT at raising stress levels sometimes. And I know they don't mean to.

Question. Has anyone started on their nursery yet? I saw on a different BMB someone started a thread so people can post their nursery's and it was really entertaining to look at . People were posting pictures of what they're nursery looked like at that very minute. And a lot were just super messy clutter rooms. LOL I'm hoping we can start something like this when everyone starts getting their nursery's together.

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think everything went well at the A/S today.  The only thing that worried me was that (and it was probably said casually) the tech, while in the midst of taking measurements, said, "everything was normal on your NT Scan and bloodwork, right?"

I don't have my bloodwork results yet, but the NT Scan looked fine.  Hopefully it was just something said in passing....
    FWIW mine asked the same question and all the measurements she could measure came up normal today.  
    Fred Rogers
  • I'm sorry for your loss, @HailsMom I hope something bright happens today.
  • lizjennings81lizjennings81 member
    edited September 2014

Question. Has anyone started on their nursery yet?

Not yet. We decided on furniture and are ordering this weekend, but that's about it. I am relieved by the talk here today about not needing a tricked out nursery bed set, though.

But I think it'd be fun to post progress pics of our nurseries once everyone gets started.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Congrats to all the mama's who had their a/s today!!! Looks like we're getting a lot of overall good news today...T-8 days and counting til mine and I can't wait!

@chickenhawke‌ love tit for singing despite a terrible singing voice. I sing even louder for that very reason. I feel like I get points for enthusiasm and flair if nothing else:)

• @MommyOfAMiracle I think we are going to order our furniture for my birthday. Which is in the end of October. I'm trying very hard to not start nesting too soon or else I will probably go crazy.
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • @AshleySparkle720 - The nesting began for me on Sunday when we got her dresser set up in her room. Then that led to putting her clothes away, organizing the drawers, and her shoes. LOL I had to make myself stop! But it has started. Eeep! :D

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• @paleomama just now seeing your question... At Swap.com and thredup.com

They're both online consignment shops, you can sell or buy gently used kids and women's clothing. Love them!

Thank you
  • Case of Ebola has been confirmed in Dallas. 

Scary stuff.

BabyFruit Ticker

• So, thinking back to my a/s yesterday and reading about everyones here, I think I got shafted. It lasted maybe 15 minutes. She took a measurement of his skull, looked at his heart and found the goods and that was about it...I see my Dr. in 2 weeks so I guess I'll ask then...I just found it weird since most people had said their's lasted like 45 mins.  :-??
    Baby Nolan  is on his way! EDD 2/22/15 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • triplej9 said:

Case of Ebola has been confirmed in Dallas. 

Scary stuff.
    I was just coming here to post that.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • baileylove22baileylove22 member
    edited September 2014

aggiebug said:

@lizjennings81 I am having a girl.  DC girls unite! 

How funny! 2 girls here and in DC area too!

How did I not know you were in DC?

So that's six girls in DC that I count so far. Willa claims goaltender!

:) I am in Alexandria, VA. I work in Old Town.

ETA: I love the name Willa!
  • foxslaw said:
    Yay for all the A/S mama's today! I'm still catching up. My 6:15 am -10:30am shift turned into 4:30-2:30! I made myself a snoogle chair & I am not moving & I am going to watch house & I am going to have my bf bring me pizza & skittles all night long! :)
    Sounds like a perfect afternoon/night!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • kefttsc said:
    Oem617 said:
    Paleomama said:
    Quick question about car seats: for those with a singleton pregnancy, are you registering for one car seat or two? My husband thinks it will be a pain in the ass to haul one car seat from car to car. Is it ridiculous to register for two just because we're lazy, or is that normal?
    1 seat, 2 bases. Not only is it easier to deal with, but it also lessens the chance of forgetting that you have the baby in the car because whoever has the baby has the seat.
    Do they sale the bases separate? I have never thought of doing that.
    @paleomama Yes, they do! And most BRU/BBB stores will let you try car seats in your car before you buy.
    Roughly $30 for a base.
    Damn that's not bad. The base for the Britax B Safe infant seat we have is $70.
    The base for the Chicco Keyfit 30 is $85!  And we have to have TWO extras.  EEEEEKKK!!!!!
    Yep, we have the same problem.  Although, we're thinking we may only get one for my SIL because she will be keeping Maddie.  We rarely drive DH's car as it is, so if we plan to drive his car, we'll just move the base.  Hopefully it won't be too cumbersome to do once in a while.

@HailsMom I love the paisley!

@Michelle142 that link you posted was hilarious, thank you!

@MrsClark731 I know you said you pretty much decided, but I also like set A.

@MommyofaMiracle we have started our nursery!!  My nesting started a few weeks ago, unfortunately.  We've cleaned out the old guest room, pulled up carpet, padding, and baseboard, painted the ceiling and painted the walls.  For some reason, they used off white paint on the ceilings when they built our house and we want to do crown molding, which means painting the ceiling white.  DH got anxious this weekend and decided we should put some furniture together, so everything but the crib is assembled and sitting in my dining room (not good for the nesting...it's making me crazy).  Once the hardwoods are down, the furniture will get moved in and her clothes will be put up.  Next step...wall decals!  
    :D

@magsame Maybe your LO wasn't super active and that's why?  At our elective scan, Maddie was very lazy.  But at the A/S at the OB's office, she was all over the place so mine was about 45 mins.

Also, congrats to all the ladies that had your a/s today!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • triplej9 said:

Scary stuff.
    I have been so scared of this happening!
  • Nooooo get away from me ebola

• triplej9 said:

Scary stuff.
    I have been so scared of this happening!

Yikes! Was the person also working overseas aiding people with Ebola like the previous infected Americans? How scary.

I read that the person was traveling in Africa and contracted it.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140929-dallas-ebola-case-confirmed-by-cdc-first-diagnosis-in-u.s..ece
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • jennjilljojennjilljo member
    edited September 2014
    At what point do I stop being the buffer between DH and my sister and just let them argue it out?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"