April 2015 Moms
Options

Postpartum belts yay or nay?

DuffgurlDuffgurl member
edited September 2014 in April 2015 Moms
Do you plan on purchasing a postpartum belt? Such as the belly bandit or something similar. If you got one with a previous pregnancy. Did it work for you?

Pros? Cons?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Postpartum belts yay or nay?

• Options
    2 c/s and I've never used one.
  • Options
    @QSB did you get a certain brand?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used the Belly Bandit for about 6 weeks after my first (no c-section). I will use it again, it felt like it was "keeping me all together". I will say, be careful when you measure to order, I was on the border of two sizes, went with the smaller one and I wasn't sure it was gonna work in the beginning. It's difficult because you measure with a belly for how it will fit when the belly is gone.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I didn't end up using it after my c-section. The bottom edge of the band hit right at my incision and hurt too much to use except for a few minutes. By the time the incision was healed enough to not be irritated, which took several weeks, I was getting back to normal size so didn't bother.
  • Options
    I didnt with my first, but I wish I had. I'll be getting one for afterwards this time.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    picklesx said:

I didnt with my first, but I wish I had. I'll be getting one for afterwards this time.

This.

• Options
    I had a belly bandit with my second, I rotated it with the binding the hospital gave me.  I had a RCS, so I feel like it really helped, except it got a little hot when sleeping.  I'd recommend one.
  • Options
    I used one for a couple weeks. I thought it helped!
  • Options
    I didn't use one with my first and now my belly looks funny even with all the working out I do...so I will give it a try this time to hopefully tame this monster.

IAmPregnant Ticker  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

October Siggy Challenge- Halloween Fail

• Options
    I plan ok getting a bellafit (think that's what it's called)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • Options
    I tried to use one (belly bandit) but it was way too wide for me.  I'm 5'1" and when I sat down the top would ride up and be just under my boobs and would really annoy the crap out of me while nursing.  I flung that thing off after about 2 days.  I might try to find a narrower brand - we'll see how motivated I get.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a Belly Bandit after DS2 and loved it. This time though I'm thinking of doing traditional Belly Binding!
  • Options
    I plan on getting one. I was reading a blog where a woman wore one with her last pregnancy and she looked great (she also exercised a lot and ate well). It' can't hurt

https://www.sewmuchmorethanrubies.com/2013/02/pregnancy-fitness-huge-payoff.html
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yes I used the belly bandit after my first (no csec).  I felt like it helped everything get back in order faster.I am actually going to order a smaller one for this time.  I order what size I would be for 8mo like it said to do but it quickly became to big on me.  I would have worn it longer then I did if I could.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Bought a Belly Bandit last time but couldn't use it after my c/s. Might try again this time if I have a VBAC
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes!!! I got this one for my last pregnancy:

https://www.winkshapewear.com/shop/Postnatal-Surgery-Compression/Boy-Shorts/Waist-Hip-Blaster-Nude/

My belly looked almost exactly like it used to after using it for several months. It was so worth the $$$. Breastfeeding and some exercise helped me lose the weight, but I really think the band helped everything go back to where it belonged. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, and absolutely doing it again!  I used a bamboo belly bandit for the first week, and when it got to be too big, I switched to a mesh medical one I found on Amazon.  It hurt a lot at first, but then it felt great to have my mushy guts held in place, and my baby pooch was completely gone within two weeks (though I still had twenty pounds to lose).  I don't know if that was genetic or the belly binder, but I'm not risking it this time. 

#binder4lyfe
    Belly Dweller: EDD 04/22/2014
    Big Boy: Born 05/2012
  • Options
    My OB gave me one after my CS and I freaking loved it. Like PPs have said, you don't realize how much you use your abs until they hurt so take all the support you can get. I also felt like it provided an extra barrier between my incision and little kicking feet. And I don't know if it actually helped with weight loss, it was more likely the breastfeeding, but I lost all my pregnancy weight by my 2 week appointment and somewhere in my mind made the connection that the band helped lol

• Options
    I was so hot I could hardly wear clothes. I couldn't have even imagined wearing an extra layer... Maybe having an April baby will be different?
    Maybe that was part of the beauty of how it worked - I sweated all the bloat off!  
    Belly Dweller: EDD 04/22/2014
    Big Boy: Born 05/2012
  • Options
    I didn't have one before, but because of the separation in my abdomen, I wish I had. I will be using one this time, especially when I resume my usual abdominal workouts postpartum.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"