November 2014 Moms
Options

Third Trimester Extremely Tired!!!!!

I am 32 weeks pregnant this week and I have never been so tired in my life! It's been going on for about a week now. At first I thought I was just doing too much so I lightened y schedule but now I can hardly pick my head up in the morning and by the time I get to work it's like I ran a marathon! I'm a hairdresser so I am on my feet all day but it's even like this when I have a day off and have nothing to do. Is it normal to be so super tired constantly and do I give into it???

Re: Third Trimester Extremely Tired!!!!!

• Options
    It is completely normal to be really tired during third Tri. I can barely make it through the day without a nap anymore. If I don't get a nap, I am in bed really early. I stay home with my 21 month old though, so I can lay down for a bit while she naps. I don't know if there is a way for you to take a break and lay down for a little while during the day or not. I also still exercise, which I do find helps with my energy level. It also helps me sleep better at night so I am better rested when I wake up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    3rd trimester exhaustion is as common as 1st trimester exhaustion. You should definitely get as much rest as you can! Your body is preparing for childbirth.

I wish I could sleep till the baby comes!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    I'm still exercising which yes totally helps but it's the little things that don't seen so little anymore like going up and down two flights of stairs to do laundry, cleaning and vaccuming the house and taking the dog for a walk. My hubby works like crazy so I feel like a pain when I'm not getting things done and I hate having people do things for me so I keep turning down help from others but maye it's time to give in and just say yes please help me!
  • Options
    ....And I just had my blood drawn, I'm not anemic which I figured I would be :/
  • Options
    Even though you're not anemic, bumping up your iron might help.  I mentioned the same thing to my OB and she gave me a list of iron rich foods. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    I feel your pain about the exhaustion, I am hoping the iron pills kick in soon to help give me a boost...

Monkey #3
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm 32.5 weeks and went through a really rough period energy-wise around 30-31 weeks. I was as exhausted as I was back in weeks 6-8, and was worried it would continue. Luckily I now have my energy back, or at least as much as I did in second trimester. So hold out--it might be a phase!

Do check your iron though. My docs recommend an additional supplement called Vitron-C for most women starting at 28 weeks.

That said, activity absolutely exhausts me, like all the trips to the basement to do laundry, an afternoon of errands, or a trip to the gym. I figure that's just how it's going to be given hormones and how much weight I've gained. On the plus side, wow those calories go fast at the gym when I weigh 35 pounds more than normal!
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Options
    T.g. for the coffee I had this morning, gave me some energy to get to work and also to blast out this ancient poop that has been with me for a week

One weird tired symptom I have is that my belly feels fatigued. It's not sharp or crampy RLP, but like my uterus has done some heavy lifting. Makes me feel totally exhausted and nothing on Google corroborates it.
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options
    No effing way!? TIRED!? In the third trimester?! Couldn't be!

I will echo what PPs said about having your iron checked. I'm extremely fatigued (and I don't have to be on my feet all day) and I have extremely low iron. Unfortunately, even after being on prescription iron supplements for about a month, I am not really noticing a difference. So either I'm not absorbing the iron properly, I'm dying, or this is just normal. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I've been exhausted the last two weeks. It's rare that I get a full night's sleep these days so that doesn't help. I just hope first trimester narcolepsy doesn't start up again.  I miss exercise too.  I am down to just walking, but it's getting harder as I tend to have Braxton-Hicks more frequently while walking.  I'm not too surprised with the lack of energy given that the LO is gaining a half a pound a week at this point.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Our first!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"