March 2015 Moms

body surfing in second trimester

Okay I've officially freaked myself out. Just came back from our honeymoon and I'm 15 weeks. I didn't think about it until afterwards that maybe I shouldn't have been swimming in the ocean with the big waves and body surfing and stuff. Of course I can't find anything online about it. Then I had a ridiculous dream about salt water dissolving mucous plugs. I don't have another check up until next week but needless to say I'm freaking out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: body surfing in second trimester

• No worries, you're fine.  I did all that much earlier on (6 weeks, maybe?).  No big deal.  As a general rule don't do anything to overexert yourself or something inherently crazy-dangerous (bungee jumping, hang-gliding, whatever), but general physical activity like swimming in the ocean is not a problem.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Every time I think I overdid it, I remember the stories (although controversial) of the women continuing to body build / left weights, running in long-ass races, and teaching Zumba into the 9th month.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, that helps. I think it was when I started thinking how weird it must feel for the baby when I was in the waves that it hit me that I should've checked with the doc first. You know how it is when a wave sneaks up on you and hits before you know it and I thought to myself that it was possible if a wave hit me that it may hurt the baby.
    On top of that my morning sickness has passed but it's too early to feel the baby move so the lack of "feeling pregnant" freaked me out more

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks ladies, that helps. I think it was when I started thinking how weird it must feel for the baby when I was in the waves that it hit me that I should've checked with the doc first. You know how it is when a wave sneaks up on you and hits before you know it and I thought to myself that it was possible if a wave hit me that it may hurt the baby.
    On top of that my morning sickness has passed but it's too early to feel the baby move so the lack of "feeling pregnant" freaked me out more

I had a freak out when the morning sickness stopped. I, too, didn't feel pregnant anymore. The feeling was shortlived when the vomiting came back to visit. I was like, "Oh. Yup. There's still a baby wreaking havoc in there!"
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"