September 2012 Moms
Options

Foundation recs?

Does anyone have a make-up foundation and/or concealer she can recommend to me?  I'm so sick of my makeup.  I want something that has great coverage of wrinkles, under-eye bags, imperfection, but feels light and doesn't smell bad. 

Earlier this week I was searing meat and some hot oil splash up and on my face, and now I have a little burn which I feel like will take forever to go away, esp since my skin will likely stay tanned in the area that was burned.  Blah, it has made me want to find something with better coverage. TIA!

Re: Foundation recs?

• Options

I use 2 different ones, depending on if my skin is being nice or not.  For nice skin days, I use Laura Geller Balance & Brighten.  I have gotten so, so many compliments on my skin when using this stuff.  You'd think since it's a powder that it would have crappy coverage, but you'd be wrong.  It's the best foundation I've ever used, and I think all that mineral stuff is a bunch of malarky.

https://www.beauty.com/laura-geller-beauty-balance-n-brighten-baked-color-correcting-foundation-fair/qxp201916?catid=12971&N=0

When I need more coverage, I still use my Laura Geller, but I use Rimmel Lasting Finish as a base, and then layer it with the Laura Geller.  Honestly, I can only do this if I'm having a serious breakout, or before pictures.  Otherwise, it's too much coverage for me.  I used this on it's own for around 2 years before I got a sample of the Laura Geller and fell in love. :-)

https://www.drugstore.com/rimmel-lasting-finish-25-hour-foundation-warm-ivory/qxp439676?catid=183551

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I don't think you can beat MAC if you're looking for full coverage.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just went back to physicians formula. They have a new one out that's like bare minerals bare skin serum. It has youth in the name and comes with the brush. It's supposed to improve your skin with use and it hasn't made me break out. I set it with the loose physicians formula powder and my skin looks like when I would use makeup forever hd just way cheaper. Now I'm interested in Kat Von d's makeup though........
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options
    misspunky said:
    I just went back to physicians formula. They have a new one out that's like bare minerals bare skin serum. It has youth in the name and comes with the brush. It's supposed to improve your skin with use and it hasn't made me break out. I set it with the loose physicians formula powder and my skin looks like when I would use makeup forever hd just way cheaper. Now I'm interested in Kat Von d's makeup though........

Have you tried the bare minerals bare skin? I got it at the beginning of the summer and was really excited about it, but I feel like it started developing an annoying make-up odor that actually made it wish it had more preservatives! 

• Options
    I'm in love with Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. They have powder and liquid versions. I use the powder because I like the finish, but hear the liquid is awesome too.
  • Options
    I use clinques' even better foundation:

its suppose to even and correct.  I have always used clinque's product as i have sensative skin and it's what my dermatologist recommended.  But i switched to this one specifically to even out some of my freckles and acne scars that were a lovely result of pregnancy (I have very fair skin).  It worked wonders.  its also very light and i don't think it has a odor at all.
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"