April 2014 Moms
Options

Cold or allergies w/update

*sparky**sparky* member
edited September 2014 in April 2014 Moms

I thought our LOs were too young for allergies at this point but I am beginning to wonder about DD. She started going to a new sitter 3 weeks ago and she goes Mon/Wed/Thu. The sitter has a dog and a cat - we have no pets. Last TH evening her nose was stuffy and runny. The discharge was clear and no other symptoms. But she had a horrible time sleeping Thu and Fri nights. Had to have her in her RNP or on me and ran a humidifier. By Saturday she was completely fine. Yesterday she went back to the sitter and last night her nose was stuffy and she had a horrible time sleeping again. She woke coughing in the middle of the night a couple of times. So I am wondering if she is allergic to sitter's pets because it doesn't seem like a cold would come and go. But I didn't think they developed allergies this young. Would you take her to the Ped or just see if he pattern continues? I am really hoping it is not allergies because I don't want to have to find another sitter. This is our second one and I love her.

Updated in reply below

Re: Cold or allergies w/update

• Options
    Is she teething? My DD always gets a runny nose while teething.
  • Options
    Yes I think she is getting a third tooth

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, too young for those types of allergies. Stuffy noses are common with teething, as is a lot of drool that can lead to coughing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The timing just seems weird as in the way the symptoms come and go and line up with the days she is at the sitters. But I think you are right - allergies are very unlikely at this point. I will just keep an eye on her.

• Options
    Maybe she spends more time lying down at the sisters and it makes the congestion worse?
  • Options

I ended up taking LO to the Ped and she does think that it is allergies.  Just due to the type and timing of the symptoms, the symptoms coming and going.  The sitter has a cat and a dog and we have no pets so she thinks the pets are the likely culprit.  She also said DD has a little fluid in her ears from the congestion, but not an ear infection at this point. 

Anyway I am going to watch it for a couple of weeks and see if the pattern continues and then figure out WTF to do from there. 

And when she sleeps at the sitters it is either in the RNP or in her sitters arms - she is never laying flat there except tummy time.  She will not sleep in the sitter's PNP.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"