Pregnant after a Loss

Deep Thoughts (not by Stewart Handy)

Does anyone else remember the recurring SNL skit "Deep Thoughts"??

So, there's really no place else for this and since you ladies get all of the anxiety and whatnot that goes along with being PgAL, here is my deep thought for the day...

Being pregnant is terrifying. How anyone can do this multiple times - like Michelle Duggar! How can she deal?!! - is beyond me.

What's your deep thought?

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

Re: Deep Thoughts (not by Stewart Handy)

• Loading the player...
  • i remember deep thoughts.  lol

it is terrifying, and even putting aside the mental and emotional fears and turmoil, it's really hard physically (at least, i feel like it's hard...YMMV because everyone is different).  it's worth it though.  going at it duggar-style would NOT be worth it to me, but two kids are plenty as far as i'm concerned.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • pblge said:
    A lot of the early pregnancy ladies on PAIF (pregnant after infertility), many of whom also have had losses, are also saying they don't think they can ever go through this again. (ESPECIALLY sober!!!) It's amazingly stressful.

Here's my deep thought, which is a meditation on a paradox. My pants bother the hell out of me if they're buttoned, even with the rubber band trick, while I'm sitting down, yet fall off me standing up. How can this be???
    @pblge I had a similar issue with my underwear - then I bought maternity underwear and they are awesome!  
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• @mmheartspb My belly button sticks out now.  It's this weird discolored bump surrounded by a giant saucer of darkish colored skin.  I find it really weird that it did that and I agree, skin is amazing.

How is it that time seems to slow down more and more the closer I get to my EDD?  Things sped up through the 2nd trimester and now the 3rd has gotten slower and slower.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice
  • I feel that way a lot. It's a huge irony. When pregnant, I really could use a beer more than ever...

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LOL I love this post. I've been having a crying day (happy tears, relieved tears, overly emotional tears) so this post made me cry because you guys are awesome.

The Duggars are freaks. Just sayin'

In other deep thoughts. Pumpkin pie is kind of like eating a vegetable, right? And ice cream is sort of like drinking milk.. So pie and ice cream for breakfast is pretty much vegetables and milk for breakfast.
  • pblge said:
    A lot of the early pregnancy ladies on PAIF (pregnant after infertility), many of whom also have had losses, are also saying they don't think they can ever go through this again. (ESPECIALLY sober!!!) It's amazingly stressful.

Here's my deep thought, which is a meditation on a paradox. My pants bother the hell out of me if they're buttoned, even with the rubber band trick, while I'm sitting down, yet fall off me standing up. How can this be???
    YES! this.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"