July 2014 Moms

MBF 9/29

Lets get this thing started!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MBF 9/29

• As if I don't already have enough to do, DH was left unattended for a little over 24 hours and I came home to a trashed house. I have many things to do, so trashing out the house is not ok unless you plan to clean it up. I can't leave it messy either because we have a 2 year old that will get into everything and I have a friend coming over today.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad to be getting on this early! My vent is wrt to my MIL... She's staying with us for next 3 weeks to take care of LO, which don't egg me wrong, is wonderful. She's very nice and we get along great. But ....

Every time she comes to our house she brings groceries with her, like legit groceries, like she went shopping just to bring stuff to our house. And did I mention? ... she lives 5 HOURS away.

So this time, since she's staying so long I was prepping myself for more than usual... She brought an entire cooler and storage bin full of food.

You may be thinking, why is this girl so ragey about free good? And maybe thus is part belated FFFC, but it really really bugs me. I feel that when we visit her, having her shove food into everyone's face 24/7 is her prerogative, but at my house?

I feel like she's secretly judging me thinking that I'm not feeding her son enough. He's an adult btw, so if he wants a pb sandwhich everyday for lunch, so be it.

I even offered to stock up on food she liked since she's be helping us out with child care. No info from her , other than "oh I will be bringing some cereal and yogurt, that's really all I need" ... +storage bin and cooler ....

Is this obsession with feeding ppl a Midwestern thing? I just don't get it. I mean I'm all about bring hospitable, but come on...

Ugg. Rant over. And at the end of the day I'll be great full LO is staying with someone so caring. Just needed to vent.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashleymarie1027‌ my grandmother is the same way (from the midwest). She keeps things STOCKED and is constantly trying to cook or offer food. It makes you feel like a crumb (ha) to say no.

My MBF is at myself. Whoever said don't cry over spilled milk did not breastfeed! DS hates his reflux meds (even with flavor added) and spits it out. So I've been taking the little medicine bottle with like 10mL of milk and add his meds so he takes it like a champ. We I dropped the damn bottle..twice after filling it up. Then proceeded to get milk all over me and DS. Where's my coffee?
  • JCPenney, I want bad things to happen to you.

I needed to find particular cardigans for DD1 for school because they have a strict dress code. No physical store within 100 miles had them so I had to order online and only JCP could ship (to store) AND had it in stock AND I could afford it. Ordered on the 15th, confirmation said 4-7 business days and was shipped the 16th. This is my first time shopping with JCP ever.

Emailed on Friday to ask when it would arrive because it had been longer, was told 4-7 days.
    Emailed again and said it's been longer still, was told 4-7 days but to wait til the 30th just to be sure.
    Emailed again and said Hell no am I waiting til the 30th/my kid needs school uniform so where exactly is it/why was I told to wait even longer, was told actually it never shipped so they've refunded me but I can have 15% off my next order.
    Told them Hell no do I want to order again/wait almost a month/probably not have it even turn up/asked for someone with power to call me so I could complain, was told by email that it would be 4-7 days.

At which point I lost it completely because we're now on Monday and I have no sign of any refund, no email saying I've been sent a refund and the incompetent staff, who have access to the message stating I will be sent a refund, have told me to wait 4-7 days for the order that was supposedly sent on the 16th even though that date is long past and I'm supposed to be being refunded.

I used to work in customer service. Had I done the above things to a customer, I would have been sent to redo ALL my training and have to write a personal letter of apology to the customer I'd fed BS to because that is NOT how you do things.

All I wanted was 2 navy cardigans. Why is that so damn difficult?!
  • I love my DH and am super grateful that he job allows him stay home with our LO. HoweveBaylor width r, when I come home to unfinished bottles of breastmilk in thdrives me nasty!e sink and hear "he didn't want it all", it makes me ragey! My low supply and struggle to pump at work makes every ounce like gold. He does not seem to understand my anger over wasting it. 

Omg my dh does this too! He'll defrost breast milk even if I'm just taking a shower and then it gets waisted! And every time I leave Baylor with him I come back to at least2 waisted oz! Same with my mom. it drives me crazy!
    image.
  • My bitchfest for the day:

Starbucks woman if I order soy milk I mean soy milk. Not two percent! And I kNow your lazy ass did it on purpose just because you didn't feel like walking to get more soy! Don'ttry and prpretend you just didn't notice what you were pooring
    image.
  • My nuts in my salad were soggy. That was dissappointing.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Yes yes yes to the wasted breastmilk!

And now... Today is my first day back at work in 16 weeks. The first thing I did was clean up the paper clips strewn all over my desk and put the calendar on the correct month. Then, I started taking notes on voicemails (thinking they were from the weekend), only to realize that the first ones were from 16 weeks ago! And, when I just checked to see if the messages had been followed up on, I see that they haven't.

So, a customer that called with an issue 4 MONTHS ago still has not paid bills from 4+ months ago. And no one did anything about it.

I left my baby for this??? I'm trying not to kill anyone today!
  • marsalisailsmarsalisails member
    edited October 2014

• jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited September 2014

mom STOP making me feel paranoid about DS's play date this afternoon.  his best friend couldn't make his birthday party this weekend b/c he has to have leg surgery soon (the party was at a gymnastics place), so they offered to take DS to their house after school to give him his gift and let the boys play.

history: they aren't in the same class anymore b/c DS's birthday is tomorrow and he missed the kindergarten cut off...his best friend is now a year ahead of him in school, even though they have been in preschool together for 2 years. they NEVER get to see each other anymore.

so i said yes, and i felt totally comfy with it.  we've taken Max home from school for a play date before as well.

ALL DAY my mother has been making me feel paranoid about not seeing DS after school.  she's been saying things like "oh, i really hope they give him a snack, he's always hungry after school - what if he doesn't eat until he gets home at 5:30?!" and "oh, aren't you going to go to school at pick up anyway and see him off to his friend's house?"

and now she's texting me from her house, asking me if he got there ok, and making me check in on him a million times.  UGHHHHHHH...

Lol my MIL did this to me when Sean had his first play date. Love her to bits but, she's one paranoid grandmother. She freaks out if they play too close to a hot coffee mug on a table -_-

While it's annoying as hell, it's good to know she loves him so much and is on hawk mode like we Moms can be haha.
  • Every time I pump now, the cover for the left boob leaks slightly unless I press it hard against my chest. I don't know why...it was fine last week. Probably a conspiracy by my pump to make sure I have an embarrassing soggy boob when I start work again Wednesday. Stop leaking, boobshield! My bra is not thirsty!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My bitchfest for the day: Starbucks woman if I order soy milk I mean soy milk. Not two percent! And I kNow your lazy ass did it on purpose just because you didn't feel like walking to get more soy! Don'ttry and prpretend you just didn't notice what you were pooring
    As  former barista and a lactose intolerant person, I have a special kind of hatred for people that do this. Claim it made you sick and get the wench in trouble!
  • ADC1979 said:

Every time I pump now, the cover for the left boob leaks slightly unless I press it hard against my chest. I don't know why...it was fine last week. Probably a conspiracy by my pump to make sure I have an embarrassing soggy boob when I start work again Wednesday. Stop leaking, boobshield! My bra is not thirsty!

I read this while pumping on my first day back to work. I totally grabbed my boob to make sure there was no leakage going on.

• Ugh DH i get you think making swords/knives is cool and you hope you'll make extra money for it. But i don't want to have us spend $200 from our paycheck to get everything you need to build a forge and all the other tools you need. I'm worried you won't follow up on it just like you haven't followed up on a personal trainer job like you said you were wanting to get.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mil why do you tell me that ds had a good day and all the things that you got to do with him. But when dh tells me about the day, "yeah, mom said he wouldn't stay alone and she couldn't get anything done." Why the two different versions? Granted this is the first time I've left him. He is a damn good baby and I am sorry you felt the need to change the version of the story to either of us.
  • I found a really cute Olaf hat on Etsy that I wanted to get DD2 for her Halloween costume.  I contacted the shop owner for a custom order.  A few hours later, I get a message saying the shop owner is on maternity leave and not taking orders at this time.  Well fine, but I specifically checked your shop message and it said nothing about not taking any orders!  When I was on maternity leave, I put a specific message saying I was on leave, and not taking any orders at the time.  I even closed my shop and had it set up that if anyone messaged me, they would get an automatic message saying such.  Just a waste of time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • I am so fucking tired and so fucking pissed at dh right now I can't even type about it right now! Just know he's fucking lazy! And no help with baby!ughhhhhhb
    image.
  • I am so fucking tired and so fucking pissed at dh right now I can't even type about it right now! Just know he's fucking lazy! And no help with baby!ughhhhhhb

Hugs! I totally can relate!
    Right here with the two of you.

• JLHV1909 said:
    I am so fucking tired and so fucking pissed at dh right now I can't even type about it right now! Just know he's fucking lazy! And no help with baby!ughhhhhhb
    Hugs! I totally can relate!
    Right here with the two of you.
    Make that 3.

Here's what mine is doing:
    DH won't even change her diaper and his excuse is 'he doesn't do vaginas'  Seriously asshat?! And when she is crying and you pick her up and she doesn't stop after a minute and put her back down to scream some more. Give her more than a minute to calm down, jerk, and not tell her that since she won't calm down that she just gets to cry it out. NO, NO, NO! Your favoritism is driving me crazy and hurting my feelings for her even though she doesn't know any better yet. 
    I've talked to you until I'm blue in the face and if I say anything else it's going to cause a huge fight which is the last damn thing we need right now because that's all we've been doing for the past few days. Stop being such a fucking asshole. UGH!!!

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• mrscutforthmrscutforth member
    edited September 2014
    Ummm I don't do vaginas?? Nope. That's not ok at all!
    Exactly. I have told him that. He's seriously thinking that I will take care of DD while he takes care of DS. Ummm, nope twatwaffle. I still have to take care of DS while you are at work. And the house. (I don't play that game, BTW.)
    Help me out a little more.
    I've even told him that every other father in this world is changing their baby girls' diaper with no fight or problem. He's smart ass domes back with I'm the every other who doesn't change her diaper. It's not that hard to change her diaper. Wipe her front to back and if she's poopy don't use the poop covered wipe to wipe the front unless it's folded over or you get a new wipe. What's so fucking hard about that?! Nothing.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"