April 2015 Moms

Biggest pet peeve.. Just shut up!

Totally had the 24 hour bug all day.. I think I'm old enough and have had the stomach bug enough to know I have a little bit of a virus thing going on. I also have had bad MS since week 5 and take zofran each day. 1 post on fb about having the stomach flu and "expert moms" start to tell me it's just morning sickness and continue it on. Sorry, but I will not post all the nasty extra symptoms besides the throwing up so they will shut up. So the preggers rage kicked in and I wasn't nice as if they needed more of an explaination at all- NOT!

I must say I don't mind an opinion (I'm here on the bump posting right) but after 5+ "expert moms" saying smart ass comments my fuse goes. Shut up when you just don't know!

End rant.. Brutal day!

Re: Biggest pet peeve.. Just shut up!

• Hope you feel better! Sucks when people think they know what's going on with your body better then you do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Feel better!
  • Feel better!
    Me: 27
    DH: 34

Ticker id: Q1i7

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

Building a family since 12/29/12!
  • Ooh, I just had a stomach bug too! Not fun :(. I still feel dodgy but scraped by at work today ... hope you feel better soon.
  • Well that's how I felt when I posted- stomach bugs come with a lot more than a little puking and I simply said "whoever gave me this little bug sucks" && that's when everyone thought they were correct with it's just my morning sickness .. If they wanted to know how fun it was on the toilet maybe I should have added that? Lol seems like they really wanted to know!
  • No one ever needs to read about someone being sick on Facebook. If they do read it they feel compelled to give expert opinions!
  • @souptin‌ For what it's worth, pregnancy was so much harder for me than parenthood has been. I seriously got so much more sleep in her first few months as a baby than I ever did when I was pregnant. I always hated those comments... And I hate them now too! I always gave a snarky reply when people would tell me that.
  • souptin said:

On the topic of pet peeves and wanting people to just shut up I am already so fucking sick of people asking me how I am doing (I have had wicked bad MS for weeks now with bad fatigue) only for them to say .." oh  you think your tired now? You just wait!!..the fun is just beginning!"

SO. FUCKING. SICK. OF. IT.

I haven't even told that many people yet just a small handful, it makes me NOT want to tell anyone else-I hear that OVER AND OVER!

The exhaustion after having the baby is different. It's your new normal. Yes you will be tired. I don't know. It's just different. I always hated that saying too.
  • I hope you sick mamas feel better soon. Having a bug and ms sounds like a nightmare.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• souptin said:

I have another one too,

For many years I never thought I wanted kids..I also didn't think I wanted to get married and settle down because as you all know when your 19 or 20 you know everything about everything.

fast forward to present day, I am 29 married, educated and I am pregnant (by choice and planning) if I have to hear " oh my goodness, Its just that you NEVER  wanted kids and I just can't believe you're pregnant now, you know you never ever EVER wanted them and here you are pregnant I just dont believe it"
    or some form of " I told you, you would have kids"
    one more fucking time I am going to slap someone!

I actually had to tell my MOTHER to stop saying it to me every fucking time she called me.

maybe its just me, but it makes me feel like total shit to hear someone say " well, you never wanted kids and here you are KTFU" like it had to have been a mistake or something. say congrats and move the fuck along people!

I had something similar. When I got engaged EVERYONE was surprised and offered their two cents. Either it was about time, I'm making a mistake because I'm a free spirit or I was knocked up.

After I didn't have a baby soon after I was married, the comments switched to when, why, what's wrong and can you?

I met my husband at 27 and relocated back to the Bay Area. Economy tanked and we both were thrown out of our comfort zones. Then at 29 I was accepted into nursing school. Got married at 30 and graduated at 32. Landed my dream job at 33. Now I'm 34 and pregnant and get comments like, "Oh, you still want kids? I thought you just didn't want them.

Excuse me, but I've been a little busy and I'm a neurotic planner so I had to line things up before I felt ready to start trying.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• I know we post things and it allows people to comment but sometimes it's like bite your tounge .. Don't say anything if it's not something you'd want someone to write on your page! Respect that you don't always know what goes on in people's lives! You're not a know it all so keep the trap shut :) hehehhe
  • That does suck! I had a horrible stomach bug at 12 weeks during my last pregnancy. I took three days off of work because I was so weak from not being able to keep anything down. I had to get a doctor's note for my work to let me come back, so I went to a walk-in clinic and since I was already over the symptoms of the bug (hello, not going anywhere while I'm puking every 5 minutes while stuck on the toilet!) they diagnosed me as pregnant... Duh, I already told you that! I also had no morning sickness with that pregnancy and ended up getting a stomach bug again at 30 weeks!
  • edited September 2014

I know we post things and it allows people to comment but sometimes it's like bite your tounge .. Don't say anything if it's not something you'd want someone to write on your page! Respect that you don't always know what goes on in people's lives! You're not a know it all so keep the trap shut :) hehehhe

I welcome the risk for unwanted comments every time I post on a public forum. Just because it's not something I want to hear doesn't mean it doesn't need to be said or you don't need to hear.
    Oh I totally understand that but some people IN THE WAY they say things to others .. Can be a little much! My whole point of the pet peeve post was not that I got feedback it's that people continuously were saying one thin when I was saying another as if they knew my body! I am all about feedback good or bad because if not how do we grow and learn?
    Also in my original post I did put that I'm welcome to feedback as well as I post on here and there is ALWAYS feedback.
    Reading one comment compared to skimming through an original post and other posts might have made more sense - what you quoted was in response to the person above. Not in general context.
  • mbm1983 said:

when i'm sick i post it on facebook. my family loves to do pop-ins, you just never know when someone will show up. so it keeps them away when i don't want them to.

"I'm sick damnit leave me be!" Haha i love that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"