August 2014 Moms

LO Cluster Feeding

My LO has been cluster feeding since noon with a max 20 minute break. He has slept for about one hour today :-S He is still acting so hungry but I feel like I don't have any milk left in my breasts. Do I go to the freezer and thaw some milk? I wanted to avoid that because I know this growth spurt is supposed to increase my supply but he seems so unsatisfied.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO Cluster Feeding

• Resist the temptation and keep offering the boob. It sucks, but you just have to let him be fussy for now. If you supplement, either with expressed milk or with formula, you will make this phase last longer and it will ultimately be harder on both of you.
  • @KittyMisha‌ Thank you. We are trying to power through here. DH and I gave him a bath which actually seemed to calm him a bit. Usually he hates it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Your breasts never totally empty... Keep offering the boob -- I know it's tough !

• @zoegirlTX‌ My DS does that too and I think they want the faster flow. Today I was literally switching him ever 5 min when I was drained because he would get mad when the milk flow stopped. He is finally asleep on DH's chest.
  • I am right there with you. No advice beyond what others have said, and especially my LC said the same thing. I almost gave up and had my husband give him a bottle but I am sticking it out. Right now he's on the breast fussing, hitting me, acting like wild man and sweating like crazy. :-(
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• We were going through the same thing. Lo wanted to eat all of the time. At first I thought it was a growth spurt but it never went away. Turns out it was silent reflux. He was wanting to keep eating because his throat was burning. He gained almost 4 pounds in a month so he is definitely getting plenty of food. They gave him some meds and he is doing much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"