TTC After a Loss

»»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

The January Snowflakes check-in is for anyone who has had an EDD or a loss in January of any year. Feel free to join by introducing yourself and telling us your EDD or loss date. This thread will be posted on Monday evenings.

January Snowflakes Badges:

https://i40.tinypic.com/29y2pme.jpg

https://i40.tinypic.com/156pzew.jpg

https://i39.tinypic.com/2hdbo61.jpg

«««««««««»»»»»»»»»

September 29th

Hey, ladies! How is it possible that Oct. 1st (my birthday!) is two days away? I can't believe September is almost over.

»»»January ☆ Snowflakes««« 

LSS ☆☆ 1/15/14 & EDD 1/5/15 @Elliecat17 ☆☆ How are you this week?

EDD ☆☆ 1/27/14 @BethKate2 ☆☆ Hi!

EDD ☆☆ 1/1/15 @CreechMommy ☆☆ Sorry about the BFN. When do you expect your period?

EDD ☆☆ 1/2/15 @rmpar29 ♥twin boys♥ ☆☆ Looks like you're on CD 4 today, right? Will this be your last TTA cycle?

EDD ☆☆ 1/5/15 @Amybunny30 ☆☆ Sorry you're TTA for another cycle.

EDD ☆☆ 1/5/15 @lauraneedscoffee ☆☆ How are you this week?

EDD ☆☆ 1/8/15 @JellicalParker ☆☆ How's this cycle treating you so far?

EDD ☆☆ 1/10/15 @CFearsy ☆☆ Looks like you might be getting close to O. GL!

EDD ☆☆ 1/12/15 @rslh10 ☆☆ Looks like you had decent timing this cycle! FX.

EDD ☆☆ 1/15/15 @aves0708 ☆☆ Looks like you haven't been around much lately. Hope you're doing well.

EDD ☆☆  1/19/15 @paintdadanta ☆☆ You mentioned being in the 2WW last week. How's this cycle going?

EDD ☆☆ 1/21/15 @GreenEyes842 ☆☆  Looks like today (or maybe tomorrow) is O day! GL!

EDD ☆☆ 1/22/15 @pinkglitterfly ☆☆ Looks like you haven't been around much lately. Hope you're doing well!

EDD ☆☆ 1/23/15 @mrandmrsk91011 ☆☆ How are the shin splints?

EDD ☆☆ 1/24/15 @jj32 ☆☆ How are you doing this week?

EDD ☆☆ 1/25/15 @ImJessesGirl ☆☆  You haven't been around in about two months, so I'm hoping all is well. Let me know if you want to be kept on the list. Otherwise I'll remove you so that you stop getting notifications.

EDD ☆☆ 1/26/15 @MrsPhD83 ☆☆ I'm sorry for everything you went through last week. Are you TTC this cycle?

EDD ☆☆ 1/30/15 @HoldingOutHope ☆☆ So sorry about your period. ((hugs)) 

TTC since July 2012 
BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

Re: »»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

• Hey, ladies! I'm doing pretty well this week. I thought we had zero chance this cycle because my H was OOT, but then my body decided to O on the later side. FF originally gave me CHs for CD 19 which just gave us O+1 for timing, but as of this morning, the CHs moved to CD 21. I'm not sure which day I agree with, but at least I feel like we've got some kind of chance this cycle. It probably doesn't matter, but it makes me feel better. :)

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Well brown spotting started today :( so AF will prob be here tomorrow. LP is usually 12-14 days right? Today I'm 12 DPO so I guess that's normal.

Time to drink lots and lots of wine at this wedding Friday!!!

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • @CreechMommy, A normal LP is 10-16 days, so 12 days is perfectly in the normal range. Sorry about the spotting, though. :(

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• @Greeneyes842, my H and I have some house projects we need to work on now that it's gotten cooler too (replacing some trim and painting the stuff we already replaced).

I bet your temp will jump tomorrow or Wednesday.

AFM, I'm ok. I updated a little bit above. :) The good news I think we ended up with ok timing this cycle after all. The bad news is that I'm super crampy an bloated already. This 2ww is going to suck.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• @BethKate2, Hi lady! Thanks for the check in, and for the kind words. I'm so glad you may have a chance this cycle!

@CreechMommy, I'm sorry about AF, and I hope you are able to enjoy yourself this weekend at the wedding!

AFM, yes, we are TTC this cycle. I'm upping my acupuncture visits and hoping for the best. My doc who I had been communicating with about the CP (actually, she is an APRN and is not the MD who oversaw my D&C), said that she doesn't think that testing is needed at this point and that "if I haven't gotten pregnant after 6 cycles of trying, I could go to one of the MDs and talk to them about Clomid." I literally LOL'd when I read that. CLOMID?!!!! This is not an ovulation issue!!! I had previously explained to her that in 4 cycles of actually trying, I had gotten PG twice (one was the MMC, and the other was this CP). So I don't have an issue ovulating, or even an issue with fertilization. To me, this is either just really shitty luck, an egg quality issue, a chromosomal issue, or "other" (shit like clotting disorders come to mind). None of which has been actually tested for!!!!!! I'm not taking Clomid "just for funsies" because they don't feel like running diagnostic work or referring me out. So, whatever. She wants to see 2 more cycles? Fine. But you better believe I am preemptively booking that appointment with the MD. Not because I'm being pessimistic about our chances for the next 2 cycles, but because I'm tired of being dismissed by these people and having them lump my "trouble conceiving" issues into some generalized category and not paying attention to my actual history or symptoms. Ugh! Sorry for the rant! I didn't think I was still so pissed about it. lol.

In better news, I am finally starting to kick this shitty cold I got over the weekend. And we are going to DC in a few days for museum exploration and then a wedding. Champagne, family, monuments, and museums! I'm so excited!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 31, DH: 30, Married July 2013
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1  5.17.14, EDD 1.26.15, MMC (measuring 6w3d at 8w3d), D&C 6.26.14
    BFP#2  9.19.14, EDD 5.29.15, AF on 9.23.14 CP
    BFP#3  12.17.14, EDD 8.25.15, AF on 12.21.14 CP#2

Current plan: TTC while waiting for RPL results to come back
    Stalk my ute

• @MrsPhD83, it really is crazy how many doctors prescribe clomid as their first go-to. Even after my loss, my OB was like, "Was this pregnancy achieved with clomid?" Um...no. He must really prescribe it often if he felt the need to ask!

If you do decide to start any testing, I'd wait to start with a RE. OBs just aren't trained in the same way that REs are.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• @bethkate2 YES! I have my fx for you. 

@Mrsphd83 Clomid is the worst. It makes me ragey and weird. I am so much happier (minus throat ulcers...) with femara! I would be asking her to refer you to an RE, or demand some testing.

@greeneyes842 I hope your temp spikes soon! Join us on the crazy side!

@creechmommy so many hugs<3 

AFM- Just hanging out in the tww! 5 dpo and going strong. Just started progesterone on 3dpo, and I decided to do it vaginally this time. I had been taking it orally before, but my bfp was when I took it vaginally. Why not give er a try!  Also, if this round is a bfn, DH and I are taking a break until January. 

We had the "when is enough" chat for us. 13 cycles is just taking its toll on everyone, so we're pretty sure a break is needed. I feel like it's a waste of time, but I am so sick of feeling crazy and rushed every single month. If we take a break, we will be looking into switching insurance companies within the Federal Governments plans that will cover IUI/IVF. My dr says IUI won't increase our chances that much because it's not really anything but a low egg count issue. Who knows. I'm just grumpy pants about it today ;)

So keep your FX for me that I won't even have to worry about the next cycle!! :D
  • @rslh10, I know what you mean about feeling like you need a break. I'm considering not actually starting a treatment cycle next cycle. If/when my period shows up, that'll be cycle 28 for us. Part of me feels like it's about damn time to step up our game and start treatment, but part of me has zero desire to start all of the extra appointments. I just don't know if I'm mentally up for it.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• MrsPhD83MrsPhD83 member
    edited September 2014
    @BethKate2, this is the 3rd provider at my group practice who has tried to give me Clomid without testing. AF didn't return for 5 months after I discontinued BC last year. So, the first APRN suggested Clomid. I asked to see another doctor immediately. That MD suggested Clomid too and actually said "Well, do you want to get pregnant or not?" (!!!!!!!!!!!!) I was like, Uh Yeah, but I'd like to know why I'm not having cycles first. He ran tests, they were fine, and AF finally returned. I also switched doctors again after that cluster fuck. And now, after these losses, I've got this APRN giving me the same song and dance. It's insane to me that this is considered standard protocol (*without* monitoring, mind you) at my OB's office without any form of diagnostic testing.

ETA: ((hugs)) i'm sorry you're feeling conflicted about your upcoming treatment cycle.

@rslh10, FX'd for you dear!!!! And big ((hugs)). I'm sorry you're feeling blah and that TTC is starting to take it's toll on you.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I think if I do need to have that appt with the MD who oversaw my D&C (I actually really love her), I will ask her to refer me to someone who can do the appropriate diagnostic testing for RPL (i.e., an RE). I'm hoping this cycle is it and I won't have to have that convo. But one never knows....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• @BethKate2 : I am doing great this week. School is moving along nicely, it's the end of the month, so my birthday is swiftly approaching. I was approved for training today so I get to spend a week in Ann Arbor (the week with my birthday) and my H gets to come too! I have joined 2 choirs in the last 2 weeks which is so nice. I am finally singing again and it makes me feel so happy! Now if I could just get off my lazy streak and get back to exercising life would be perfect! Not much to report on the TTC front. It's my fertile week (ish, FF is always confused) but H is so tired after all the crazyness that there isn't time for me. :( I even got all dressed up sexy yesterday and he was more interested in pizza!!! lol oh well. 
    I will be back later to comment on everyone. Probably around 5:45 ish.
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • Thanks ladies :D

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @BethKate2 - I'm sorry that your timing wasn't better, but I'm glad that you have a chance.  I hope the TWW flies by for you.  FX!
    @CreechMommy - Many ((((HUGS))) honey.  Enjoy your wine at the wedding.
    @GreenEyes842 - Good luck with your home projects and I hope your temp rises soon.
    @MrsPhD83 - I'm so glad that you will be sticking to your guns about Clomid.  I honestly don't understand why OBs just throw that at people without even taking the time to figure out if ovulation is the problem.  I would make the appointment too and possibly try to get in to see an RE if you are looking at getting testing done.  Many ((((HUGS))) lady.
    @rslh10 - FX for you lady.  I'm so sorry that you and DH are getting burnt out. It sounds like a break might be needed and I'm glad that you have the ability to switch to an insurance with IUI/IVF coverage. 
    @Elliecat17 - So sorry that DH isn't interested in FW.  I hope that you can get in some BDing. 
    @Amybunny30 - I'm sorry that you are feeling so much anxiety about TTC.  I hope that things calm down soon and you will know when it's the right time to start.  Many ((((HUGS))))

AFM:  Yes, DH and I decided to TTA for one more cycle for a variety of reasons, but yes, it should be the last cycle.  I'm feeling pretty good about that decision.  I've lost some weight, but would like to lose a bit more before TTC again.  The only time I got pregnant without intervention was after I'd lost weight, so I hope this will help to get my body working right.  Only time will tell! 
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • @Greeneyes842, looks like you got a temp rise! woot woot! Also, I would LOVE restaurant recs for DC. We have dinner reservations on Thursday at Zaytinya and have wedding/family related dinners planned the rest of the weekend, but we are looking for good lunch places for both Thursday and Friday that are easily accessible from the national mall (we will have a car but I don't want to get too caught up in traffic/parking).

@Elliecat17, that's great that you're singing again! And I'm sorry YH wasn't receptive to you getting all dolled up. I've been there!!! It's the worst.

@Amybunny30, we are in DC Wed night through Monday morning, but we will actually be in Chantilly VA for most of the weekend for the wedding. Sounds like you've been busy with work! That's great. And big ((hugs)) to you. I'm sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed :(

@mrandmrsk91011, your exercise routine sounds perfect! and it sounds like you've lost some weight (or at least some inches!) too. That's awesome! congrats!

@rmpar29, congrats on your weight loss! keep up the good work :D
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• quick update: I got an appt to see my fave MD (the one who did my D&C) on Nov 7 to discuss RPL testing/possible referral. Hoping I can cancel that appointment, but glad to know I have it just in case :)
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• @BethKate2 - FX for you this cycle! 

@CreechMommy - Sorry to hear about your spotting :( but at least if AF shows you get one more good evening wine on Friday. 

@Greeneyes842 - Enjoy the quiet while you can. Painting sounds like fun in this cool weather. 

@MrsPhD83 - Ugh no fun, have you considered looking for a new doctor? I hope you enjoy your weekend in DC! 

@rslh10 - FX for you! ((hugs)) 

@Elliecat17 - Yay for training trips, hope you both enjoy it. Men can be so frustrating sometimes; DH and I deal with same problem even though I try to be understanding it drives me crazy. 

@Amybunny30 - ((hugs)) there is no limit on time, take all of it that you need and what is right for you both. 

@mrandmrsk91011 - Happy to hear your exercise routine is still going strong and enjoy your surprise mani/pedi. 

@rmpar29 - Congrats on the weight loss, I know what a commitment that can take - way to go! 

AFM - My cycles are still being a little wacky. Last month my cycle was short (23 days) but this one seems to be going back to my normal 28 days - not sure. With the short schedule, AF should have showed last weekend but if its my normal AF should be this Thursday. Blah, I hate the limbo of it all. Also, DH has his knee surgery tomorrow morning so FX that everything will go well and fifth time will be the charm he needs.

Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.

BFP #1 05/19/14, EDD 01/19/15, MMC 06/12/14 

BFP #2 10/10/14, EDD 06/19/15

• Hi everyone!  This is just a quick post and run to let you know I'm still here.  I'm still in the Netherlands enjoying my trip visiting my husband.  So far we've seen a castle, spent a couple days in Amsterdam and enjoyed a theme park. We have a ton more on the itinerary this week.  Good luck to all the ladies in the 2WW and hugs to anyone who needs them!

Me (29): Hashimoto's, CD3/7DPO bloodwork & ultrasound normal, HSG & SHG(x2) all clear
    DH (29): SA Perfect
    TTC Since Jan '13, First RE Appt Jan '14
    DX: Unspecified Ovarian Dysfunction, Long Cycles
    May '13 BFP, C/P 4w3d
    Apr '14:  50mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI #1=BFP,  Natural M/C 6.5wks
    Aug '14: 50mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI #2=BFN
    Oct '14: 100mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI#3 =BFN
    Nov 14: 100mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI#4=slow response, bad lining, cancelled
    FU with RE, more bloodwork: Anticardiolipin +
    Dec 14: 5mg Letrozole+baby aspirin +ovidrel + B2B IUI#4.1=BFFN
    Jan '15: 5mg Letrozole +baby aspirin + ovidrel +B2B IUI #5= BFP!! 
    Beta #1 210  Beta #2 546

• rslh10rslh10 member
    edited October 2014
    CFearsy said:

Hey ladies! I'm late, as usual. I just got my positive OPK today and it's looking like we'll have the same timing as we did when we conceived last time. I'm hoping I'll be a lot less crazy this cycle and I'm hoping I can hold off until at least 10dpo to test.  Other than that I'm doing alright!
    YEAH RIGHT! =))
    ;)
  • @cfearsy you don't even know how much I love you (AND GIFS!)!!!!!
  • @Greeneyes842 and @mrsandmrsk91011 Perhaps we should get together IRL! lol

Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • CFearsy said:
    rslh10 said:
    CFearsy said:

Hey ladies! I'm late, as usual. I just got my positive OPK today and it's looking like we'll have the same timing as we did when we conceived last time. I'm hoping I'll be a lot less crazy this cycle and I'm hoping I can hold off until at least 10dpo to test.  Other than that I'm doing alright!
    YEAH RIGHT! =))
    ;)
    Ditto.
    ---------------------------------- I can't decide if you guys are being big fat meanie heads and ganging up on me or if you just know me too well!
    Um....both ;)
  • @BethKate2‌ DH and I are moving across towb this week and the stress has prevented me from sleeping long enough to get an accurate temp. Going to be offline for about a week maybe longer. But I will try to check on you ladies later on :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"