June 2013 Moms

I need 4yo gift perspective

I saw this on zulily yesterday and thought it looked awesome (we have space for it to be in the house until spring and then could move it outside.  On Amazon people said their 1 and 4 year old kiddos loved it.  I wouldn't buy this if I just had Aiden but I feel like he may not age out of it as quickly just because he'll have Q to play with on it.  We wanted to give them something big that they realize was given to them BOTH (to foster the sharing.  Stop laughing.  We all try lol).  Is this good or a waste of money?

Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: I need 4yo gift perspective

• ASmallWonderASmallWonder member
    edited September 2014
    @heelibrarian I agree about the jumping (which I don't care about except that Q would learn it!

• Honestly at that price I think you can find bigger climbing/pretend toys.
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Loading the player...
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • WasNotWas said:
    Honestly at that price I think you can find bigger climbing/pretend toys.

It's only $150 on zulily and we don't have space for something too super huge.  The ship was good because it's long but narrow instead of just huge and square.  

• Same about the jumping! We have a similar but slightly larger Thomas outside and G LOVES it but all he wants to do is climb on it to jump off. It would be impossible in our house though for Arlo to not be influenced by G's climbing and jumping so it's just really one more thing!
    I would get it but I get everything used so it's always like $25. I have no idea what a good new item would cost. And my yard looks like yard sale so I'm not the best judge!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @calikat80!  I have a pretty high tolerance for boy shenanigans so if they jumped,I guess meh.  I just want no one hurt.  I'd probably put foam floor under it like we have under the trampoline.  I told DH that I wasn't sure if it was too young for A and he was like "He has years of imaginative play ahead of him.  He'll like it."  So I'm still wavering.  This would be the big xmas gift with each of them getting something else "bigger" and then smaller stuff so I don't mind spending the money.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"