August 2014 Moms
Options

milk allergy?

Ok, I'll try to keep this as short as possible...

DS is breastfed but we supplement 2 feedings a day with formula (Enfamil Gentlease). He has been on this since about 10 days old and seemed to do ok with it. He does have a lot of gas (don't all babies?!) and what I thought was baby acne on his face....

Well, today I had to go to a conference so my sister watched him all day. In a rushed attempt to get out of the house I forgot the pumped breastmilk. (Mother of the year right here! :( ) So I ran to the store and picked up some more formula for the day, meaning he only nursed this morning and had formula all day. When I called to check on him my sister said he was fine just extra fussy but she thought he just had a lot of gas and hadn't napped so he was tired. I picked him up tonight and he was completely miserable. When I went to give him a bath tonight I noticed he had a rash/hives all over his face and body. I immediately thought it has to be the formula and took to Google. Apparently it could be a milk allergy? He also just got diagnosed with silent reflux and a lot of the symptoms seem to be the same. He nursed tonight and is happily sleeping now but I'm freaking out a little. I feel so bad! Obviously, I'm calling his pediatrician first thing in the morning but was wondering if anyone has had this happen? my poor baby! :(
BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 

Re: milk allergy?

• Options
    My LO had what I thought were baby acne but after she was switched to a new formula for milk protein allergy it was clear in 12 hours. She was super constipated and gassy until I switched too. Its very possible!
  • Options
    His poop is normal but he definitely has a hard time going :(@BabyM82714‌ what formula did you switch to?
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pediatrician has her on similac alimentum. Its twice the price as regular formula. So keep that in mind. But if your LO needs it then you have no choice. I believe WIC covers something similar with a doctor note. I'm looking into it myself because $30 a can is gonna kill my budget.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! @BabyM82714‌ I know it's super expensive. I was looking into Nutramigen but was curious what other options there are. Going to see what his pediatrician says today!
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"