7. @twobrooklynmoms: Jan 10 singleton

8. @jjlvscg: Jan 10 singleton

9. @cageymack: Jan 22 girl

10. @louliza: Feb 1 singleton

11. @singingmua: Feb 2 singleton

12. @aandstilltrying: Feb 14 twins

13. @mrs&mrsK: Feb 17 singleton

14. @wishiwaspreggo: March 7 singleton

How is everyone feeling? How is pregnancy treating you and your partner this week? Any updates to share? Any upcoming appointments?

QOTW:  Let's talk pets since a good majority of us have fur babies.  Are you taking any steps to prepare your fur baby to welcoming your future LO?  What are you most nervous/excited for about bringing your LO around your pets? 

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

Re: Pregnancy Check-In (September 29th)

• Options
    Hello!
    We are trucking along. I am started to struggle a bit with all the body changes... I am getting to the "no hiding this baby in business casual" stage. Meaning, hoodies still hide the bump, but anything that is acceptable to wear to the office is a bit revealing. Luckily, I don't spend much time in the office.... But needless to say, mirrors are currently not my favorite.

As far as aches and pains, I just feel really stiff when I sit to long and stand up, but if I stand up too much my feet hurt! I am finding a good balance and that is helpful.

We had a "Tie Dye Party" this weekend and all of our friends brought white baby things and we tie dyed them! It was a great, more comfortable alternative to a shower. It was nice, and we felt a lot of love.

QOTD: Our fur baby situation is currently weighing heavy on our heart. We have two, very well loved, rescue dogs with some serious baggage. They are both a bit unstable and have some not so safe behavior tendencies. We have paid for training, and everything seems good, but then when we just get comfortable, they will fight each other, or something of that nature. It is really tearing me up. They were both in our lives prior to our relationship, and so for each of us, our pups were the only thing we had at one time or another.
    So needless to say, it is a sad, emotional, stressful situation, and we aren't quite sure what will happen...

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options

Got my second p17 shot last Wednesday and another cervical check which was still measuring long and my placenta moved up so they no longer need to monitor that! I go in a Wednesday for my 18 week cervical check and the MFM said they should be able to do an anatomy scan at the same time assuming baby cooperates so may know the sex this week if not our hour long anatomy scan is on the 15th.  I am pretty sure I am starting to feel the baby move more and more which is exciting but I get so nervous when it has been awhile without any movement.

QOTW:  I have four animals.  I am not to concerned about how the cats will adapt to a baby because they are pretty mellow cats.  I am concerned about the dogs.  Xander has ALOT of anxiety issues and takes months if not longer to adjust to changes in his life and will growl and show teeth to strangers/new things.  Oliver is our spoiled baby who thinks he is the only child.  He goes out of his way to get between R and I if we are hugging or sitting to closely together.  His ideal place to sleep is in between us on the bed so I suspect he will be VERY jealous to something get love and affection other then himself.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DW is 23 weeks with our baby girl.

She has grown a TON in the last week.  Now she has a gi-normous tummy, which I love.  It makes me so incredibly happy that she is pregnant, especially since it took so much to get her that way. 

She gets hungry a lot, morning sickness is gone, so is heartburn.  

QOTW: We have two cute dogs (see siggy), and they were very funny when we brought W home.  The Boston started shaking in trauma at this weird little squirmer.  The big dog, a Catahoula, was completely deferential to me as a "mom."  She lay in the corner and wouldn't look at the baby or me, but we could tell she loved him.  She waged and looked very submissive.  

I'm convinced that she could smell the amniotic fluid on him and knew he was our baby, and she knew the right social skills (albeit doggie ones) to respect that mama/baby bond.  She has been an angel since day one.  W can smack her, gouge her eyes, grab her feet and she would never, never, never bite him.  We try to protect her, but she goes to him of her own accord.  

The little dog doesn't love W and would probably snap at him if W caught him wrong.  But we keep an eye on both the little dog and W and they seem cool, mostly.  The little dog knows to hide or get away from the toddler, so at least he has self-preservation skills.  Generally though, W ignores the little dog and gently and happily mauls the big one.  The big dog will lie on her back and expose her nipples to W.  When W was really little we had to be careful that he wouldn't nurse her--ew. :)

But overall, we love that W is growing up loving dogs.  

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options

26 weeks, and we are about to round into third and the homestretch!

Had an appointment with our consultant this week and found out that my bp has come up to more comfortable levels.  This means that the dizziness is just general pregnancy stuff and not kidney related (yay for that!)  We have to wait for labs to come back to assess function of the remaining kidney but when transfer to birthing centre was brought up, she [the consultant] was very positive :-bd

This week, I'm feeling a little more sluggish - I'm sleeping in later, running around less at work and often falling asleep in my chair in the early evening.  I'm just so grateful at this time for such a supportive partner and for caring and considerate colleagues, who have been picking up the slack without making me feel like I can't pull my weight - because it drives me crazy, when I can't throw myself into something.  And there is now no mistaking that baby's movements are visible from the outside.

QOTW: No pets :(  We are planning on emigrating eventually and have decided that if we do get a pet, it will not be until after we have settled abroad; by which time, baby will be old enough to understand basic dos and don'ts of pet care.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"